Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good internet fax for small business?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am looking for a low-cost yet reliable internet fax service. I am running a small import export business. I need to send fax to European countries and the US, Japan etc where our target market is.

I am checking efax and myfax atm. efax has a membership fee which is kind annoying.

Can you recommend a good internet/online fax? If you are using efax or myfax can you share your experience with us? Thank you in advance. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Fax is very old technology. Can you not do it electronically?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 apintpls

Yes. Because I am asking for internet fax!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Email the document as pdf or word or whatever, save yourself and your customer/supplier hassle.

Don't be one of these guys that prints out the document, then scans it in and emails it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

The guy is clearly looking for a fax solution, not anything else.

I have no suggestions as I have no knowledge in that area.

Hi Joe10000. Thank you for your understanding. Fax is outdated but in some parts of the world it is still a useful business tool.

I am using Myfax 1 month free trial. So far it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Do you need to send and receive or only send?

What kind of volume?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

apintpls wrote: »
    I am looking for a low-cost yet reliable internet fax service. I am running a small import export business. I need to send fax to European countries and the US, Japan etc where our target market is.

I am checking efax and myfax atm. efax has a membership fee which is kind annoying.

Can you recommend a good internet/online fax? If you are using efax or myfax can you share your experience with us? Thank you in advance. :)

You did not mention if you want incoming Fax as well.

If you have a Blueface phone account, you can send Fax via them.

Hi. thank you for asking. I mainly need to send fax through internet. Maybe 50-60 per month. I do not have a Blueface account. So far myfax works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭V4

I used to use these back in the day when I needed a fax line but didn't want to pay for line rental, they will give you a virtual number also. Don't know if the rates are any good for you.

http://www.pamfax.biz/en/

p.s.: No affiliation

Thank you V4. The rate is more or less the same with the one I am currently trying. But it is always good to have a choice. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MammothKe6a

You can also see www.popfax.com
    They give you a possibility to choose any options you want - without sending, without VOIP and so on and the price depends on the number of services. The minimum is smth about $5 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Blueface include fax services with most of their plans. It handles PDFs and some other formats.

You just register an email address (lost of addresses) and then send an email in the format of Phone-Number@fax.blueface.ie

Incoming fax number costs a few quid a month , it's a regular landline number and your faxes arrive as PDF to a designated email

Advertisement