Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've refused courier delivery from Debenhams.ie. What happens next?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 7:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi mods, please move to appropriate forum if I've placed this in the incorrect location (and sorry for the rant)

I placed an order for some products off of the Debenham's website approx 10 days ago. During checkout it said delivery was free and tracking would be available. I filled in all of the fields in the delivery address on the website.

Last Wednesday I received a call from their courier service Nightline as they were trying to make delivery. It turns out that only some of the fields on the address label had made it onto the package so the courier was over 200 miles from my house. I explained to the driver that he was at the wrong end of the country, the driver pulled in, took my correct address and said they would redeliver the next day.

The next day I get a call from a different driver asking for directions to my address. Again they were trying to deliver to an address 200 miles away. I again passed on my full address and again the driver said they would attempt delivery the next day. I logged onto the Debenham's website that evening to try and track my delivery but could only get "dispatched" status from their site. On Monday this week I get a call from a Nightline courier again asking for directions to an address 200 miles away. At this stage I felt like screaming down the phone but instead calmly told the courier that I was refusing delivery and that they should return the goods to sender as I couldn't afford anymore time organising my family to be at home to accept delivery. I thought that was the end of the matter.

Then yesterday I receive a phone call from Nightline, they are still trying to deliver the goods on instructions from Debenhams. And yes it was to the incorrect address.

From Debenhams website I can refuse delivery and get a full refund. I'm just worried that this saga is going to go on forever. I'm going to try and contact Debenhams customer service today and was wondering if anyone else has refused delivery and if so what were the consequences,

Thanks for reading and I'd appreciate any advice

DC

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Debenhams contracted the carrier so get them to contact the carrier and return the item to them, I wouldn't spend any further time dealing with Nightline.

As for the label issue, well could very easily just be a missprint when your parcel was going through the dispatch process. It happens from time to time.

Advertisement