Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding options

Options
  • 09-01-2013 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's opinions are on various funding routes and what they've used?

I have a friend who started a company a few years back and decided to register up north and go through Enterprise NI as he felt the grants were a lot better than Enterprise Ireland. At the same time, I know people who have gone through Enterprise Ireland and have had a good experience.

I also know people who have received private funding and while gaining expertise and experience of the investors they had to give away a large portion of their company.

Lastly, I know people who didn't go down the funding route and decided to go into partnership with friends who had the knowledge to get their product to market. This mostly seems to be a friendship ending route in my experience.

What's your experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I remortgaged the house!

Back in 2007, when things were very different, we took out a smallish mortgage to cover the franchise fee and start-up costs.

Good idea for a thread. I was just thinking of starting something similar this morning. I was also thinking a poll would be useful. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Could be a lot of options on the poll lol. Remortgaging didn't enter my mind, then again we're in different times now I guess.

Advertisement