Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitchfork's top metal albums of 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Not a mention of Ahab's "The Giant", kinda disappointed by that. I would have ranked it above High on Fire's "De Vermis Mysteriis", which is still a pretty good album in it's own right. Just picked up the new Neurosis album and it kind of surprised me given that I was so used to the complete bleakness of Through Silver in Blood, the only other album I have listen to by them. But, it has really grown on me and is one hell of an album.

I'm kind of pleased with myself as well, as I am familiar with a good few of the bands on the list, unlike last years list, when I knew only one or two. :p

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wouldn't be familiar with any of them myself :o +1 on The Giant, best metal album released last year that I heard.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Opened the list expecting to see Converge number 1. Thought, wow, Pallbearer must be something special to have pipped it. Gave it a whirl... it wasnt. Some good ones on there though. Pinkish Black, Pig Destroyer and Nachtmystium featuring highly were pleasant surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Panopticon should be in the top 10

Advertisement