Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tain Way

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone have any experience walking the Tain way in Carlingford - 2 day trek.

Considering doing it in June/July.

Thanks

Stephen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

cagefan wrote: »
    Hi,

Anyone have any experience walking the Tain way in Carlingford - 2 day trek.

Considering doing it in June/July.

Thanks

Stephen

Have only walked bits and pieces as part of various different walks etc but never the full thing. Says here that it's 40km long so could be a good challenge for a long summers day!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Same here, just done bits and pieces, but some people I know did the whole thing in one day last year. From all accounts it was pretty easy going although long.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Alun wrote: »
    Same here, just done bits and pieces, but some people I know did the whole thing in one day last year. From all accounts it was pretty easy going although long.

That's what I'd be thinking. Must see if I can dig up a map of the route - something to pour over in the January nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Daithi2004

I did it in two days. Not one after another because it was pouring rain the next day. Day was at the end of October and the next day was in the middle of Nov. Here is a video of my trip. There is a lot of road walking on the first day. It was from Carlingford to Lumpers Pub via Omeath. The second day's walk is from The Lumpers Pub to Carlingford. This is the best part of the route. Enjoy the video...

http://youtu.be/Etnhy9rPV14

Advertisement