Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saxon Dublin 2013

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

MCD gig - 1st May in the Academy. Really good last time out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nice one definitely gonna be at this. Never seen them not at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Another decent gig to look forward to this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Missed them last time, I have been waiting for them ever since. Defo gonna hit this one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Not long after Schenker, not long before Hackett ... great price too .... think I'll have to drop into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Cant wait for this. I'll be picking up my ticket first thing in the morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭ray mcgowan

I'll be giving away a pair of tickets for this on next mondays show.

METAL NOTES
    Monday 10-12
    Phantom 105.2

Playlists here
    http://www.phantom.ie/shows/190.191..../1/Metal_Notes

hhhmmmmm current setlists are loaded with the new album ... 7 songs !! ..

What time would you's say they will be on stage at? The tickets say doors open at 7.30. I'm hoping to be able to catch the last bus home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

What time would you's say they will be on stage at? The tickets say doors open at 7.30. I'm hoping to be able to catch the last bus home.

It leaves Dallas at 1pm.;)

What time would you's say they will be on stage at? The tickets say doors open at 7.30.

The Academy are usually very strict on curfew times ... I'd guess Saxon will be 8.45/9-ish to 10.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

From MetalIreland:

Band just sent me the stage times:

9:00pm main band, - 8:00pm to 8:30pm support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Who's the support, out of interest?

blastman wrote: »
    Who's the support, out of interest?

Stormzone.

I enjoyed that :D

Its a shame that the set time was cut so much though. Biffs voice is still in great tact.

Agreed. Surprised to hear Ride Like The Wind, I must admit, but it was pretty good. Very enthusiastic crowd, particularly for the classics, but the new stuff went down pretty well, too.

Only minor gripe was the bass sound was very distorted for a couple of songs near the end. I was at the sound desk looking at yer man behind the desk thinking "can you not hear that?".

Agreed. Surprised to hear Ride Like The Wind, I must admit, but it was pretty good. Very enthusiastic crowd, particularly for the classics, but the new stuff went down pretty well, too.

Only minor gripe was the bass sound was very distorted for a couple of songs near the end. I was at the sound desk looking at yer man behind the desk thinking "can you not hear that?".

Yeah, i thought there was something strange towards the end. I cant really hear bass for some reason but to me it sounded like an alarm going off.

Really great gig. As usual 10/10 from Saxon. I too was surprised to hear RLtW but I think they played it here before? Shorter set than normal according to Biff but great none the less.

yknaa wrote: »
    Really great gig. As usual 10/10 from Saxon. I too was surprised to hear RLtW but I think they played it here before? Shorter set than normal according to Biff but great none the less.

I thought Biff said they hadn't played it here before, or he didn't think they had. They definitely hadn't played it in the two recent-ish Dublin gigs I was at.

Advertisement