Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Passport in London

Options
  • 09-01-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to get a new passport but will be away at the start of Feb for a week and the end of March. My current passport expires in June. Does anyone have experience in using the fast track service in London for an Irish passport? I have looked at a few sites and am still unclear as to how long it might take. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

There is no guaranteed turnaround time; the time taken is variable. You can get some advice from other folks in this thread but the best thing to do is to get yourself into the Passport Office (see here for details).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Got one here a couple of years ago from the passport office near Harrods. Honestly they seemed to be faster and more competant than the passport office at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

There's no fast track service here unfortunately, although if you have a holiday booked and can provide proof of it the staff in the West Kensington passport office are meant to be helpful about speeding it up.

I had to do mine just before Christmas, and was in a hurry, so I filled out the correct form, and posted in home for my parents to pass through the Irish passport express service. They then posted it back to me, and I had it very very quickly - possible option for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

My better half called the Passport Office here and they said that if you turn up and advise them of travel dates in person they can process it in a day or two. Thanks for the help all.

Advertisement