Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a washing line on a frosty morning?

• 09-01-2013 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Feel free to move mod.

Ok, so woke up, saw a lovely morning here in Sligo, threw a big bundle of sheets into the washing machine. Went outside to collect post and realised it was sub-zero (-1), frost everywhere....now wondering is it a bad idea to hang my washing out on the line in the garden? Funnily this senario has never happened to me before :confused:

Will my sheets be all stiff and not dry if I put them out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,028 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Is this a serious question ?

Hang them out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

listermint wrote: »
    Is this a serious question ?

Hang them out!

Thanks for reply (yes a serious question!) thought they would be stiff as pokers if I hung them out but will do now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

They won't dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

It is winter in Ireland, very hard to get clothes/sheets dry outside, even if it is a clear day,

windy weather is the best for drying clothing, clear skys with wind could lead to clothing weapon,

light overcast with wind, could get a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

RubyGirl wrote: »
    They won't dry.

They didn't dry :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Clothes need wind and a certain humidity to dry, for example -2 frost wind will feel like -6 and freeze the clothes,

So to be honest it needs to be at lease 4 deg with a wind.

I don't know the exact science but I would get a clothes horse or a dryer,

Advertisement