Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone ever Skyped their pets?

• 09-01-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I went to Dublin at the weekend, left early saturday morning and was home on sunday evening (the grand total of one night - I know!) but I really missed my pets. I skyped my father from the hotel. He was looking after my pets for me. I could see my dog sleeping on the chair as usual, when I called her name, she looked up and looked around - she seemed confused as to where the sound was coming from!
    Then he took the laptop to the utility room where my cat was. I called his name, and he started screaming, I honestly have never heard a noise like that from a cat in my life. He was jumping all around the place looking for me! It actually made me quite sad to see him missing me!
    But I was thinking isn't it great that no matter where you are you can still see your pets. I wish my local boarding kennels would set up a Skype account so maybe I wouldn't be worrying about my pets if I am away for a weeks holidays or something!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Yep, but it does confused them a bit lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Yeah all the time, confusion all round. Ruby and Ben just start barking like mad at the speakers, then look at the front door to see where I am :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I haven't skyped but I've spied on my dog with FaceTime when I was doing some work on training him to stay in his bed when I closed the door and left the room. I thought I very clever thinking of it lol! :p He looked at the iPad a few times confused when he barked and it echoed back lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

my gf studies in waterford and is only here at weekends so in the evenings she skypes me but spends most of the time talking to dolly :rolleyes:

she talks and dolly sits there with her head cocked and whines back. once the call is over she searches the entire house for the o/h. its funny but a little sad i guess :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I was talking to a friend in Germany, when suddenly one of my Toms jumped on my lap...she got a real fright, when he stared into the camera and yawned :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Never did it myself, but my friends daughter regularly skyped my guinea pig Síle from her home in Australia - she fell in love with her on a visit home a couple of years back!!
    In her defence though she is only 6.
    Alas she will no longer be able though, as poor old Síle the guinea pig passed away at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,188 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Never Skyped my pets but had to post this

tumblr_ltl2o7pTk71qk7mgfo1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Was on skype to my sister yesterday as she is working in the states for a while. The dog was in the room so I showed him the scree and she started calling him. He got completely confused and lunged at the computer screen. When that didn't work, he sat down, took stock for a minute, and went around to the back of the laptop to see was she hiding from him.

Poor dog. Of course he couldn't possibly understand what was going on. But it was very funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh yes! My dog was Skyped the very first day we got him. My mates at home wanted to see the dog, so we got on Skype and waved his paws at them.

He's also appeared on screen to my relatives in the West Indies. My husband's Skyped the dog when I'm in London, and I always speak to him on the phone...

Looking at this, I seem to be a bit sad! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Dare ye to put this question on AH:):D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Chinasea wrote: »
    Dare ye to put this question on AH:):D:D

lol! No, you're alright! :D I couldn't deal with the slagging!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The dog doesn't get Skype at all (no smell) however, the cat gets freaked out and starts trying to rescue the family member who is clearly trapped in the SmartTV He spent hours poking it with his paw and checking behind it!!

I think we just really freaked him out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Yep!

We took to kittens we rescued over to the uk to a friend, her daughter skypes us to show us the babies regularly.
    First time one mowed at the laptop and dogs went mad! All wags and wolfs looking for kittens,mthey loved them.
    My daughter skyped home a few times to talk to animals too, dogs go mad trying to find her, cats not bothered much, kitten tried to get her out of iPad!

We aren't mad really are we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Never Skyped my pets but had to post this

tumblr_ltl2o7pTk71qk7mgfo1_500.png

Ha, lovely pic! does anybody know what breed of dog this is?

nocoverart wrote: »

Looks a bit like a Pitbull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

nocoverart wrote: »

American bull dog maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

My boyfriend is in Canada at the moment working. His mother is Canadian and lives there with her new husband. My boyfriends Dad is Irish. Anyway we skype and he always gets his Mom's cat to come say hi! So cute cause I loved the cat when I met him in the Summer. He lies on the keyboard and stretches and blocks the webcam!

One day at work I rang my sister on my lunch break as she was home from school sick.She got Sparkle to meow down the phone...It was amazing! I'm hoping to head to Canada this year on a working visa... Gonna miss my babies like crazy but I know my parents and sister will look after them... :(:(:( Be so hard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Epic amounts of lose on this thread. Skyping a pet? Do some charity work if you have nothing else to do with your time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Epic amounts of lose on this thread. Skyping a pet? Do some charity work if you have nothing else to do with your time.

You clearly have nothing better to do with your time either. If you must troll, then do try to make sense, and try to be at least original. Until then, go away and bore people somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I hope you don't say "Epic amounts of lose" in public, and solely keep it for the internet Toby. Unless you're a skater with a fake American accent and covered in acne. Muppet!

• Advertisement

No comment :rolleyes:

Advertisement