Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old nightclubs and pubs in Limerick

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭peter4918

Roots bloody roots would come one and then switched to something lighter every time due to the carnage :)

Brilliant! It was the same in termites when it’s a midlife crisis or she sell sanctuary used to come on. Place went mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,714 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

peter4918 wrote: »
    Brilliant! It was the same in termites when it’s a midlife crisis or she sell sanctuary used to come on. Place went mental!

Where's me jumper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭adaminho

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Where's me jumper

If it was Costelloe's it was probably in the DJ box with young Flan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,081 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

peter4918 wrote: »

Here’s a gift so :) the greatest most spectacular stage dive ever

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd love a few hours in the Wicked Chicken, the Blind Pig, or Mickey Martin's right about now. I miss that kind of vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I'd love a few hours in the Wicked Chicken, the Blind Pig, or Mickey Martin's right about now. I miss that kind of vibe.

It really feels like a lifetime ago

Up until around 2003/4 Limerick had Termights, The Stool, Quinns and Costello's running at the same time along with Dolans for the big gigs

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Up until around 2003/4 Limerick had Termights, The Stool, Quinns and Costello's running at the same time along with Dolans for the big gigs

Before my time! I was still playing Under 16s in 2004. :D

Before my time! I was still playing Under 16s in 2004. :D

The first 3 were lost to developers although Termights reopened in Cecil St. to little success and was gone by about 2006 and The Precinct/Chicken started to fill the void

The first 3 were lost to developers although Termights reopened in Cecil St. to little success and was gone by about 2006 and The Precinct/Chicken started to fill the void

I got to see the "new" Termights a few times when they hosted the Lexes disco. Would love a night like that again. Everyone dressed in black and hopping off each other for RATM, SOAD, Nirvana and Drowning Pool.

It was always painful trying to explain to the crowd who preferred the Energiser that it wasn't just some kind of teenage drug orgy. :D

• Advertisement

I got to see the "new" Termights a few times when they hosted the Lexes disco. Would love a night like that again. Everyone dressed in black and hopping off each other for RATM, SOAD, Nirvana and Drowning Pool.

It was always painful trying to explain to the crowd who preferred the Energiser that it wasn't just some kind of teenage drug orgy. :D

I used go to the Savoy Lexus and worked for a bit in the Globe one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Termights in the Globe was crap, it just didn't have the same vibe as the one in the Savoy. I was in there almost every Saturday night from about 98 till it closed, it was a hole but it was a comfortable hole with rarely any issues, and those were usually from the "normals" who found themselves in there when they were refused elsewhere.

source wrote: »
    Termights in the Globe was crap, it just didn't have the same vibe as the one in the Savoy. I was in there almost every Saturday night from about 98 till it closed, it was a hole but it was a comfortable hole with rarely any issues, and those were usually from the "normals" who found themselves in there when they were refused elsewhere.

It never worked in the Globe for a bunch of reasons. It was definitely a waste of money to try switch Termights and Bubblicious into 7 day venues

Advertisement