Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony BDP-S490 3D Blu-ray Player - £80 (€99) - Amazon.co.uk

• 09-01-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭

Fantastic smart Blu-ray player. Purchased this before Christmas for £99 :mad:. Harvey Norman selling it at €130.

No Wi-Fi, but has a LAN Port and usb slot on the rear for a Wi-Fi dongle. has a second USB slot on the front for media.
    You can also send off for a free copy of The Amazing Spiderman 3D and Spiderman Trilogy on Blu-ray.

Eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping.

www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Smart-BDPS490-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B007LKG6Z0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357731033&sr=8-1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Id go for the 12gb PS3 in HMV for 50 euro more. Only if ya have an interest in games really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

jenno86 wrote: »
    Id go for the 12gb PS3 in HMV for 50 euro more. Only if ya have an interest in games really!

was thinking that does anybody know how noisy the ps3 is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

etcetc wrote: »
    was thinking that does anybody know how noisy the ps3 is?

That was the reason for purchasing a seperate Blu-ray player. But mine is the old style PS3. New one might not be noisy tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I was looking into getting a Sony bluray player to match my Sony TV.
    When i click that link, theres a drop down where i can select built in wifi for £120. Is that worth it?

Or how much is the next model up? Coz i'd say that would have built in wifi as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

The_B_Man wrote: »
    When i click that link, theres a drop down where i can select built in wifi for £120. Is that worth it?

Or how much is the next model up? Coz i'd say that would have built in wifi as well.

The next model up is the DBP-S590. It is identical except it has the WI-FI built in and is £119.

There is also the base model BDP-S390 for £89 that has built in WI-FI, but no 3D.

I would purchase something like this instead. Works out at £10 cheaper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-TL-PA211KIT-200Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet/dp/B004INVKP4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357740866&sr=1-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The_B_Man wrote: »

Yes, I have bought this one with the non built in Wi-Fi because my TV has built in Wi-Fi anyway but if you want the blu ray player to have Wi-Fi then get the blu ray player with the Wi-Fi built in for £120. The Sony adapter costs €80 and is supposed to be terrible at reception unless your in the same room as your router.

Edit: Bazsutto's solution would work too, never thought of that, thanks Bazsutto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

How about the Philips BDP5200 which is also stg£80 on amazon.co.uk in Lightning Deals for another 80 minutes, 3D and wi-fi. Also according to videohelp there is a hack to make it region free for dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

LG Smart Wi-Fi 3D BP620 Blu-ray Player

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007K6FZD4

£79 [€100] delivered, this one has built in wifi

Advertisement