Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android and Maven

Options
  • 09-01-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

So i've been looking into build automation for Android. I decided to give Maven a go as it handles dependencies too.

The whole exercise turned out to be a bit of a nightmare and now i'm left with a single question?

What's the story with Google and Maven?

The reason I ask is because during my migration I noticed only certain Google jars were hosted in the Maven central repository. I had to install some of them into my local repo. e.g. Support library v13 and Maps. Oh and not to mention the fact I had to use the Maven Android deployer to install Android jars to my local repo.

I know Google provides support for Ant. I'm wondering why they don't provide similar support for Maven? I have tried the Maven Android plugin but i've had a lot of issues with it.

Is there a gap in the market for a community run Maven Android repository?

Has anybody else tried to use Maven for Android

Advertisement