Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best amp for Beyer DT100 high impedance headphones?

• 09-01-2013 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all,

Similar questions have been asked before, but I'd like your feedback on this particular case.

I have a set of Beyer DT100s (400 ohms), originally used in studio setup, but currently going straight out of my MacBook. I need to use them while playing drums, so I need an amp that will give lots of boost to the signal.

Don't have a set budget, will pay what I need to... If needs be I'm happy to compromise on audio quality a little, but I do need something that will give me sufficient volume.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Fiio E10 or Fiio E17? They seem to be quite popular amp selections within a budget! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

Thanks marko! FiiO stuff looks good, I think the E9 might be nearer what I'm looking for (E17 only recommended for up to 300 ohms). Any idea of FiiO retailers in Ireland by any chance? Will keep researching for now, any more tips welcome! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

There used to be an Irish site! Not running anymore :/ Ill have another look as well! Those were just two off the top of my head!

This thread could be of use!
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/620775/the-sub-200-portable-amps-shootout-11-10-amps-compared

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

I use an e10 with my laptop & it has tons of juice. It has a switch to hi-gain mode for higher impedance headphones if you need it. At lo-gain setting, which is all I'd use (none of my cans are above 64 ohms) I've never needed to go above 3 of 8 volume settings, even with really quiet recordings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

just figured out a workaround! had an old hi-fi amp whose speaker outputs were broken... headphone out still works fine tho and it gives plenty of power for the beyers. down the line i may look into the E10 again. thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement