Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost and where to build

Options
  • 09-01-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I know there are probably lots of question about app costs etc...so here's another one. My friend asked me to build a demo online of an app he wants to develop. I got the bones of it working in a week without too much bother, but am not a mobile developer so couldn't take it much further.

The app is simple enough. Reads some information from xml files, integrates google maps to display some markers based on information from the XML file, and plays some sounds files/displays images. It's not the most complex of apps but he'd like it built well and not just something thrown together.

He is asking me where he could get this built and an estimation for costs and like most, his funds are pretty limited as he's not a businessman, just someone who wants an app built, and for a change I think it's one that might be useful.

I am suggesting to him to build an Android version initially if he can. Any idea on costs? And I know some people may be against outsourcing abroad, but what are people's experiences doing this? Any good websites that he could get good contractors from to build this app?

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭nathan184

elance is a large freelance website you might be able to use. Never used it myself so be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

I have used http://www.freelancer.com/ a few times. You can see each persons reputation at that site and payment is in escrow so the developer doesnt get funds until the job is done (unless cash is needed for costs such as licenses, shouldnt be in this case)

Good luck!

Advertisement