Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rider Only Insurance

Options
  • 09-01-2013 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with Allianz or the BHS? Allianz is reasonable, but the BHS is much cheaper and also allows you to do their exams, which I'd be hoping to do towards the end of the year (I already have Stage 1, R & RS and Child Protection).

Are they essentially the same or do Allianz offer more than BHS, hence the price difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭dave66

Funnily enough I'm looking at this too, but for my daughter (who is 16). I got a quote yesterday from Allianz for Horse & Rider, Personal injury & 3rd party liability (I didn't opt for tack or vet bills) it came to €105 or €8.75/month - 3rd party covers up to €1 million and personal injury of up to €20,000. Covers rider for any horse.

When I checked BHS it looks like cover is same if not better and with advantage of being able to take BHS exams (which daughter wants to do). The cost for the year is £47 for Junior Gold membership, which I reckon is about €57. So I think we'll be going with BHS.

Advertisement