Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

car hire in Sligo

Options
  • 09-01-2013 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

Due to some people deciding to help themselves to my van, I need to hire a car for a week. have hired from Enterprise previously, but they have no cars at the moment. are there any other hire car places in sligo that would be recommended? Insurance doesn't cover the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle, so cheap is best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ISDW wrote: »
    Due to some people deciding to help themselves to my van, I need to hire a car for a week. have hired from Enterprise previously, but they have no cars at the moment. are there any other hire car places in sligo that would be recommended? Insurance doesn't cover the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle, so cheap is best.

Which Enterprise were you using? Think they have a few around town and surrounding areas, mainly at the Car Show Rooms. Think there's an AVIS in Wine Street Car Park, and have heard of car hire still at Sligo Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Thanks, I thought they only had the one out towards Ballisodare.

Golden pages and google has O'Mara in Wine street, but its a Hertz now, even though it doesn't show up on their website, only the one in the airport, and I wouldn't be able to get out there. No cars today, but should have some tomorrow, who would have thought car hire would be so popular in January.

thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Thanks, I thought they only had the one out towards Ballisodare.

Golden pages and google has O'Mara in Wine street, but its a Hertz now, even though it doesn't show up on their website, only the one in the airport, and I wouldn't be able to get out there. No cars today, but should have some tomorrow, who would have thought car hire would be so popular in January.

thank you :)

I know theres an enterprise at Colloneys Audi/VW on the old N4/Dublin Rd, not sure if this is the same place your thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Are you looking for a car or a van?
    If a van try Noel Gordon Rent-a-van out past Molly Fultons beside the HGV driving test centre.

red sean wrote: »
    Are you looking for a car or a van?
    If a van try Noel Gordon Rent-a-van out past Molly Fultons beside the HGV driving test centre.

The cheapest possible mode of transport, so a small car will do. We live in the middle of nowhere, so just need something to get around in for now.

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

I dont be stuck for a lift...to the Garage... my good deed for the day...pm me with your phone details if interested.

sligo camper

I dont be stuck for a lift...to the Garage... my good deed for the day...pm me with your phone details if interested.

sligo camper

Thanks, Enterprise got some cars in and came and collected me :)

Advertisement