Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 most fashionable dog?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,955 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hooked wrote: »
    Thanks anniehoo... I appear to have deleted my post rather than edit it. Oops!

Post re-instated, as you deleted it by accident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Sickening how many huskies etc are appearing on Rescue pages lately. Check out "A dogs life" on facebook, they have pictures of all the dogs in Dunboyne pound including 3 husky adults and 4 husky pups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Melion wrote: »
    Sickening how many huskies etc are appearing on Rescue pages lately. Check out "A dogs life" on facebook, they have pictures of all the dogs in Dunboyne pound including 3 husky adults and 4 husky pups.

Yep, 8 huskies in one pound :(:mad: and I would say that at least 75% of all other Irish rescues and pounds have one or more in.

theres probably as many staffies, but i think people have become immune to seeing them now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

ISDW wrote: »
    Yep, 8 huskies in one pound :(:mad: and I would say that at least 75% of all other Irish rescues and pounds have one or more in.

theres probably as many staffies, but i think people have become immune to seeing them now :(
    Saw your post about taking the 2 older ones to the UK. Fair play. ;) I just cannot get over the Husky influx recently its crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

yea since the release of the film Hachi Akitas are very popular now, its a shame the way these dogs will then become neglected, people are just stupid at times not doing their research

I must admit myself I was very tempted to get an Akita after I seen the film but instead rescued 3 lovely pups. But I have to say the pounds do not make it easy either, I was refused twice to have a pup from the pound cos my garden wasnt fully enclosed and no messing as we were both working. now we love our lads to bits, they are loved, walked and have the run of the hse

our 1st was a collie pup not wanted by a farmer, the second was a week later (we wanted a brother for our first lad) we got a call from the pound to say there was 6 pups close to us that they did not have room for so we went and took one, the conditions were so appauling by the end of the week we had homes for all pups and the 3rd was a beautiful 4.5 month old lab tied to a fence and left so we brought him home with the intention of finding him a good home but after the 1st night it was obvious he wasnt going anyhow so over a year later we have 3 wonderful boys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement