Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shotgun safety glasses Recommendation

Options
  • 09-01-2013 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

What brands should I be looking at and rough prices
    Where in the Wicklow/Dublin area stock them or online sites
    Thanks

P.s. looking for an inexpensive model as I rearly use my shotgun and even rearer use it where I'd need glasses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Seeing as you rarely use your gun, would a pair of safety glasses from your local hardware not do the job instead of buying an expensive pair?

Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Shane.sf

There a pair of sunglasses for sale in aldi for about 4 euro with 3 lenses for skiing. The yellow or clear lense would be perfect for shooting. I got them and they're fine. It was a week or two ago so the may be gone out of stock but for the price of them you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Try E bay plenty of them for sale there, about £4.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SeeZee

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Seeing as you rarely use your gun, would a pair of safety glasses from your local hardware not do the job instead of buying an expensive pair?

Just a suggestion.

I was thinking of them. I've used them before there as tough as nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I'm not ever going to put cheap plastic lenses in front of MY eyeballs in the hope that they might stop anything coming at them out of a gun that has somehow gone wrong.

The medicos can make pretty convincing rubber hands that you can thread a needle with or pick up an egg, but so far - and feel free to correct me on this one folks - they have NOT yet succeeded in making a working rubber eyeball.

However, Ireland being a democracy, you go ahead and do just as you please. Them's is YOUR eyeballs, not mine.

tac

• Advertisement

Shane.sf wrote: »
    There a pair of sunglasses for sale in aldi for about 4 euro with 3 lenses for skiing. The yellow or clear lense would be perfect for shooting. I got them and they're fine. It was a week or two ago so the may be gone out of stock but for the price of them you can't go wrong.

Cheers but I doubt If they'd save your eyes if stray pellets hit them.

clivej wrote: »
    Try E bay plenty of them for sale there, about £4.
    I read review about pyramex. They carry the Z87.1+ rating so should stop no.8 bird shot from 8 feet. They start around that price ex shipping

tac foley wrote: »
    I'm not ever going to put cheap plastic lenses in front of MY eyeballs in the hope that they might stop anything coming at them out of a gun that has somehow gone wrong.

The medicos can make pretty convincing rubber hands that you can thread a needle with or pick up an egg, but so far - and feel free to correct me on this one folks - they have NOT yet succeeded in making a working rubber eyeball.

However, Ireland being a democracy, you go ahead and do just as you please. Them's is YOUR eyeballs, not mine.

tac

It's always a pleasure to see your name pop up for your daily rant tac. And it's you that used the word "cheap"

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

tac foley wrote: »

tac

This is the reason why I visit boards!! Gotta get my daily pearls of wisdom from Tac!
    (And you know he is right too!!):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

SeeZee wrote: »
    It's always a pleasure to see your name pop up for your daily rant tac. And it's you that used the word "cheap"

Well, it's good to see that I'm appreciated. ;)

You really, of course, that Father Jack [lunatic incumbent of the Priest's House on Craggy Island] is closely based on me?

Where eyeballs are concerned, THIS/THESE are what I have -

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=88E5

I'm not a shotgunner, but I AM a black powder rifle and pistol shooter, and I have ample evidence that they have saved my eyeballs from flying bits of percussion cap, many times.

Happy and safe 2013!

tac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 mark42

Eyelevel have a cheap range of shooting glasses.
    Online haven't got the link but bang in eyelevel eye wear in should come up

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Cavan duck buster

I always have to wear glasses so would i have to ware a pair of shooting glasses at clay grounds? Just wondering if my normal pair are fine.

Advertisement