Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Inconsistency

Options
  • 09-01-2013 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, for the couple of months my broadband has been all over the place.

There's been a combination of slow downloading, the connection dropping, or the dreaded grey screen that says either "no dsl connection" or "no internet connection". Often it's a combination of them.

And there's no regular pattern either sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes hours or days.

I was hoping if I gave you my details, you might be able to figure out what's causing it, I don't think it's my laptop as it still works 100% alot of the time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

Hi, for the couple of months my broadband has been all over the place.

There's been a combination of slow downloading, the connection dropping, or the dreaded grey screen that says either "no dsl connection" or "no internet connection". Often it's a combination of them.

And there's no regular pattern either sometimes it's a few minutes, sometimes hours or days.

I was hoping if I gave you my details, you might be able to figure out what's causing it, I don't think it's my laptop as it still works 100% alot of the time.

Good luck with getting that sorted off this shower,I had exactly the same problem.they done nothing,I'm having WiMAX installed tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Good luck with getting that sorted off this shower,I had exactly the same problem.they done nothing,I'm having WiMAX installed tomorrow

do you mind me asking where you live? wondering was it a local issue with a specific exchange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi the groutch

Would you like to PM me your landline number? I will look into this and get back to you.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

do you mind me asking where you live? wondering was it a local issue with a specific exchange?

Living in Laois

Advertisement