Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you like to play a game? :)

• 09-01-2013 2:26pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Heya! We're looking for a bunch of people to test our about-to-be-released game! Its quite polished so we are just looking for people to play it and tell us how they got on!

The game is a 3d escape game, a bit like Temple Run but with an "end" and with designed track. It needs a half decent phone/tablet to run it but try it and see.

There's even a high score competition!

We use TestFlightApp.com to distribute the game. Its really simple:

1. Visit this link and create an account. http://tflig.ht/UAEB0f

2. Testflight sends you a mail which allows you to register your device (one-button click). You need to do this through the device itself.

3. We will (shortly) send you a link to the app which installs it just like AppStore would.

It would be a great help to us if you let us know how you got on and if you enjoyed the game! Have fun and remember that high score competition!...

Many thanks, we're only just starting out as Irish games developers and this will help enormously. (plus, people seem to really be getting into the game! :) )

How To Play:
    1. Tap either side of the car to make it move one lane that way.
    2. Swipe across the car to make it jump to the far side of the track.
    3. Yellow pads make you speed up, blue slow you down.
    4. Powercells need collecting. Dont they always??
    5. Fire makes you slow to minimum speed.
    6. Speed too long at the slowest speed and the helicopter will getcha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Later, have to dust off my War Games DVD now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've set up an account but there's nothing there when I hit apps, I'm using iPhone 5, have you a direct link to the download?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It can take a while for betas or anything to be distributed through test flight but you should get an email when it's available in the app

There like 0 apps in test flight, how does it know that I should have access to it if I can't see anyone else's apps?
    i.e I don't see how it can know that I want the game...do you see what I'm getting at?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Mena wrote: »
    Later, have to dust off my War Games DVD now...
    Oh, ok... gold star! I wasnt sure anyone would get the reference... especially since I got it slightly wrong! :)

You must be like me................ old. :(

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There like 0 apps in test flight, how does it know that I should have access to it if I can't see anyone else's apps?
    i.e I don't see how it can know that I want the game...do you see what I'm getting at?
    For apple devices we have to snag the DeviceID from you (which is why you need to click the button with the device in question) and then we have to kinda "compile" for that device. Because Apple say so. Its some kinda security thing to avoid other AppStores opening up.

You'll get a mail in a while with the link to install the app, we batch compile twice a day.

I'll sit tight, I still don't see how your going to know it's me as apposed to some chap who just randomly signed up to test flight.

They won't but only devices that have linked a device to test flight and have joined the gone gaming group will get invited to test the app and possibly any future apps aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Ok I am waiting for the link to the App

I've joined aswell. Hopefully it runs smoothly on an iPhone 4

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    They won't but only devices that have linked a device to test flight and have joined the gone gaming group will get invited to test the app and possibly any future apps aswell

No mention of joining any group in DeVores post, it would make sense then alright but it doesn't at the moment.

on an iP4_S_ it runs like butter... unfortunately the iP4 original is very low powered by comparison in the graphical area. I dunno if it will run well on that version.

Cal of Duty 5 will be out before this game.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I'm in.

Where's the buffet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

iOS build update - we're planning to push out a build via Testflight to everyone signed up so far, tomorrow morning. You'll get an email as soon as it lands. Sorry for the delay but we've done some last minute tweaks so we can include iPhone 3GS.

Slightly later than scheduled - hope it was worth the wait... Testers signed up so far will get an email in a few mins to tell you latest build is now on Testflight.

You'll notice some jerking in transitions between menu/intro/game, this is known and fixed for release.(and much better after first game)

Remember controls is tap left/right to change lane, not swipes.
    Swipe up to jump
    A long swipe will change to the leftmost/rightmost lane.

More info on the Gone Gaming forum

Good luck!

Quick thing - tutorial is a little messed up atm but you can still play through it - just ignore the text timing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Is the iPhone 5 supported yet as I cannot get this to work

fox007 wrote: »
    Is the iPhone 5 supported yet as I cannot get this to work

It sure is, what's happening?

i'm feeling left out, got no email and there's nothing on test flgiht

• Advertisement

karlh wrote: »

It sure is, what's happening?

No apps??

No apps??

What time did you register? We need to manually push build to newly registered devices so you may not have made the last batch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

I've signed up now just waiting

What time did you register? We need to manually push build to newly registered devices so you may not have made the last batch :(

I registered on Thursday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

So... signed up again. Hopefully I'll be able to run this, when you send it out to me...

There's a lot of feedback about jumping so I've created a poll over on the Gone Gaming forum to zero in on what most players prefer controls to be. We'd really appreciate it if you could add your 2c...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056853691

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I registered months ago for this on my ipad 1. Is it going to work/am i getting an email?;)

I registered on Thursday??

Can you check that you clicked the link 'Login' link (must be from the iphone) sent to you by testflight on registration. We do have a batch of new names waiting for a push but all since Fri.

Unless you complete the step above there's no device registered on your account so a build won't appear. Might be your prob...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I've definately logged in, just wait so?

• Advertisement

I've definately logged in, just wait so?

Yep, next batch should get build tomorrow

Advertisement