Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminder wanted in Ferrybank Area

Options
  • 09-01-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,I am looking for somebody to look after my 7 year old, Mon to fri before and after school hours.ie 7.30 am to 9.20 am and 3pm to 4.45 pm.
    Must be able to drive and non smoker and to mind child in Minders own home.
    Pm for more details.Genuinely interested people only please
    Thks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Just a quick question for you, how do you feel having a child minder in? Its something ive tried to do but i just couldnt bring myself to do it, I would actually need one for the hours you require too, i wonder how many people go down this route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I hope you're expecting to pay someone from 7:30-5pm. There's no way you can expect someone to make a living coming to your house for those hours...and I assume you'll be expecting them to drop off and collect the child from school. I feel for your position...it really is a rock and a hard place situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Its a very hard position to be in!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its pretty common hours for childminding. If the child id minded in the childs home, the minder is then employed by the parents. Tax and PRSI must be paid on earnings and paid holidays must be given.

If the child is minded in the minders home. the minder can earn up to €15,000 per year tax free. Usually it suits someone who has a child doing the same hours in the same school.

If you e-mail these guys:
    http://www.waterfordcitychildcare.com/

they will e-mail you a list of all childminders in the area, there's loads in Ferrybank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I hope you're expecting to pay someone from 7:30-5pm. There's no way you can expect someone to make a living coming to your house for those hours...and I assume you'll be expecting them to drop off and collect the child from school. I feel for your position...it really is a rock and a hard place situation.

The OP wants the childminder to mind the child in the minder's home so the minder would be able to look after other children too depending on if she's got her own children and their ages.

Those hours would suit some childminders who don't want to work full time or have children in school and would like a few free hours during the day. It wouldn't suit other childminders as part time places block full time places plus allowing for how many children/car seats that there's room for in the car restricts the number a childminder can mind.

Things to bear in mind are car insurance, a lot of insurance companies see childminders who drive minded children to and from school/playschool as a service and will not cover childminders to carry the minded children. Usually there's a big hike in motor insurance to cover this. Some childminders like some of the afterschool services will charge for fee to cover petrol and insurance.

Another thing is holidays, half-term, half-days etc, if the child is sick but not contagious or have a tummy bug will the childminder be required to provide childcare for those hours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement