Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Reps keep calling and won't take no for an answer!

Options
  • 09-01-2013 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭

For the love of god can you please tell your reps to stop calling to my house it's getting really annoying and they obviously can't take no for an answer.

I had another caller to my door last night, my wife ended up calling me to the door as he wouldn't take no for an answer, had another guy call three times before Xmas all in the same week and he was extremely pushy and rude the third time round, even had a tablet with him ready to test my line.
    This type of calling to my door has been ongoing for months now, let me be perfectly clear, "I have no interest in signing up with Eircom", I'm a Vodafone customer and a very happy one at that plus I'm tied into a contract with them, but no matter how many times I tell your reps this they keep calling!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If they call again just ask them to wait a second after you answer the door, then close the door and go back to what you were doing! if they ring the bell tell them you have called the Guards to report them stalking you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi hellboy99

Apologies for the inconvenience caused here, as you are a Vodafone customer, the process to ensure no further contact from sales reps is to contact Vodafone and make your number and account "suppressed" to such activities which will also stop any sales calls and approaches from eircom representatives.

Regards

Al

Hi hellboy99

Apologies for the inconvenience caused here, as you are a Vodafone customer, the process to ensure no further contact from sales reps is to contact Vodafone and make your number and account "suppressed" to such activities which will also stop any sales calls and approaches from eircom representatives.

Regards

Al

Should this not be done automatically for accounts which are within contract periods? also does this stop door callers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi foggy_lad

This is not automatically done for people who are in existing contracts and yes this should stop customers being approached by sales representatives from eircom.

Regards

Al

Hi foggy_lad

This is not automatically done for people who are in existing contracts and yes this should stop customers being approached by sales representatives from eircom.

Regards

Al
    If it was done for all accounts within contract it would save many people a lot of hassle from these sales people who work for all networks/operators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Hi hellboy99

Regards

Al
    I done the above mentioned near 6 months ago, even changed my phone number, but it hasn't stopped the calling to my door. Why are your reps not even taking note of what I say? three times in the one week the same rep called to my door, three times he got the same response, thats not far off harassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Hi hellboy99

Regards

Al
    Bull****e, the rep calls to every house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I found a way of getting rid of sales reps at the door - I tell them that I'm not allowed to make any decisions without my husband being present - they look slightly confused as they walk out of the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I done the above mentioned near 6 months ago, even changed my phone number, but it hasn't stopped the calling to my door. Why are your reps not even taking note of what I say? three times in the one week the same rep called to my door, three times he got the same response, thats not far off harassment.

Hi hellboy99

Would you be able to PM me with your address, new telephone number, name on account and mobile contact number please. I will re-check this with managers in our door to door sales team.

Thanks, Mark

Hi hellboy99

Would you be able to PM me with your address, new telephone number, name on account and mobile contact number please. I will re-check this with managers in our door to door sales team.

Thanks, Mark
    What do you need all that much info for, surely my address is enough?

• Advertisement

What do you need all that much info for, surely my address is enough?
    Hi hellboy99,

I got your Pm thanks. I have sent on the details to a manager who deals with the Feet On The Street Sales, I should get a response next week. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks, Mark

Any response yet?

Any response yet?

Hi hellboy99,

I am chasing up confirmation for you now.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Just keep a bucket of water near the door, next time empty it over them

Skatedude wrote: »
    Just keep a bucket of water near the door, next time empty it over them

Hi hellboy99,

I have got confirmation your address details have been removed from our leads list for the door to door agents.

Thanks, Mark

Hi hellboy99,

I have got confirmation your address details have been removed from our leads list for the door to door agents.

Thanks, Mark
    Thanks for that Mark :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Interesting, we'll see if they call again. If they do make sure to take their name.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The last Eircom reps that called to my door were told very firmly to F*ck Off, and haven't been back since. If they do come back again, they'll get <SNIP>

Advertisement