Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaked memo regarding Nirvana's 'In Utero' re-release

Options
  • 09-01-2013 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

memo was a fake, move along!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Memo-ria, memo-ria

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Thats so bad i love it^^^^........my first thought was "oh cool! love that album!"....then it dawned on me they surely couldnt have anything decent left at this stage....could they?

I realise the memo is fake btw but being its 20th anniversary im sure a re-release will turn up at some stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I realise the memo is fake btw but being its 20th anniversary im sure a re-release will turn up at some stage

Without doubt we'll get a remaster and I'd guess the Albini mix will be on it, here's hoping for a live gig as well!!

I'd be very interested in some demo's of the album tracks.

I presume the Albini mix the original "rougher" mix?.....ive read about that,would love to hear it too,im a bit out of the loop on Nirvana though,did any of that turn up on the boxset a few years back?

I presume the Albini mix the original "rougher" mix?.....ive read about that,would love to hear it too,im a bit out of the loop on Nirvana though,did any of that turn up on the boxset a few years back?

I'm open to correction but I think none of the Albini mix has had any official release. I like the sound of it being rougher, it's such a dark album a rougher harsher mix might make it even better!

The bootleg of the Rome gig is absolutely fantastic so I'd love an official release of a gig from the In Utero tour.

• Advertisement

I have that boot too great stuff.......Jesus Christ hes gonna be dead 20 years next year!......i remember when i was a kid The Doors became really cool and big again because of the movie,hed been dead 20 years at that stage and i remember thinking it seemed like a 100 years ago and anyone who remembered that must be ancient....im proper old:(

I hear ya, I'm an old man at this stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Jesus Christ hes gonna be dead 20 years next year!
    Yeah I just realised that now. The 10th anniversary of his death doesn't even seem that long ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Is the Albini mix the rough version that got leaked to a radio station before the official release in 93? I remember reading that they went down the legal route about it at the time but nothing ever came of it. Cobain apparently was very upset over it, as he viewed the version to be substandard.

Is the Albini mix the rough version that got leaked to a radio station before the official release in 93? I remember reading that they went down the legal route about it at the time but nothing ever came of it. Cobain apparently was very upset over it, as he viewed the version to be substandard.

I remember reading that in a biography of Kurt a long while back, would be interesting to hear it to compare it to the finished product.

• Advertisement
Advertisement