Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Liquid Reviews Forum

Options
  • 09-01-2013 3:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks I was unaware of the request for a separate forum for liquid reviews but obviously have no problem with it. The issue now is how to structure it. i.e. we have 2 options.

1. Sub-forums can't have sub-forums so we can remain a sub-forum of Giving up Smoking (GUS from now on) and have a new sub-forum under GUS for liquid reviews.
    2. Alternatively we can become a forum in our own right with liquid reviews as a sub-forum.

My leaning is to option 1 mainly because of the original thinking behind being a sub-forum of GUS. i.e. that people looking to give up smoking will be interested (although I consider it an alternative not a way of giving up). The temptation will be to think omg cool we should have our own root forum etc. but think about what makes sense.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

doesn't really make a difference either way does it

only thing that would be different is in option 2 there'd be a direct link to the reviews forum at the top of the forum, not a huge deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I'd go with Option 1 too but would try to incorporate 'Electronic Cigarettes' somewhere in the title for easier searching

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

was only thinking of what happened to this the other day!

I'd go with option 1 myself. but then again anyone searching vaping will get this section anyway. just as long as the review section isn't too hard to get to then there's no problem with just renaming another subforum

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

A forum in our own right, because we're worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Think option 1 is better. is there anybody vaping who wasn't first a smoker?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I'm all for option 2, Vaping is getting bigger and bigger so we deserve a forum of our own, especially as we are trying to get as much publicity for our cause as we can, yet Irish vapers don't even have their own forum just a sub forum, if we want to be taken seriously as a group the least we need is our own forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think people shouldnt get caught up on the "just a sub-forum" thing. As Mewso pointed out, a lot of people giving up smoking might not see vaping & e-cigs if it werent under the GUS umberella which could lead to a drop in new traffic as well as a possible drop in current traffic as some users wont bother clicking in if its moved away from their main focus.

also, isnt every forum a sub-forum of a category? :D

ps. sub-forums are not taken any less seriously than top level forums and the users are not treated any differently. If it has a charter then its a community with its own rules and regulations beyond the standard boards.ie policy.

Advertisement