Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeve drawing.

Options
  • 09-01-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭

Hi I gave an artist at a prominent Dublin shop some pics to do up a jungle themed sleeve in the middle of November with the idea I would get the sketch by Christmas.My impatience got the better of me and I e-mailed the shop around 20/21 Dec to which he replied he was off work the next day until Jan 5th and he would have it by the time he got back.So still waiting:) and am wondering at what point do I get in touch again? I don't want to piss the guy off when he's going to be doing 20/25 hrs work on me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Did he give you any kind of timeframe?

Myself, I'd nearly be inclined to leave him work on it until he feels it's ready but at the same time you don't want to left in the wind if he's pissing about.

Maybe give him till the end of the week to get back into things after the break and then get in touch again but from a perspective of "how's it going/I had some more thoughts" rather than "Is it ready yet".

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Did you schedule an appointment to start the tattoo,did you pay a deposit? Other artists may feel differently, but in our studio we would never get into design work without scheduling an appointment to start and taking a deposit...There has to be some form of commitment on the part of the customer, otherwise we could be designing work all day long. The other thing to remember is that something like a sleeve could take 5 or 10 hours design time... its art, there is a creative process, research, color theory etc etc. If you have not done so already call in and schedule an appointment to start and pay your deposit, he/she will then slot the design work into their rotation and get going... he/she has probably started the creative process, even if they have not put pencil to paper !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

bubblebery wrote: »
    Did you schedule an appointment to start the tattoo,did you pay a deposit? Other artists may feel differently, but in our studio we would never get into design work without scheduling an appointment to start and taking a deposit...There has to be some form of commitment on the part of the customer, otherwise we could be designing work all day long. The other thing to remember is that something like a sleeve could take 5 or 10 hours design time... its art, there is a creative process, research, color theory etc etc. If you have not done so already call in and schedule an appointment to start and pay your deposit, he/she will then slot the design work into their rotation and get going... he/she has probably started the creative process, even if they have not put pencil to paper !
    I did ask if he wanted a deposit or a scheduled appointment when I was in to see him but he said no.I don't want to seem like I'm hassling the guy I just cant wait to see what he comes up with.

Hmmmm, is the tattoo you requested of the same style/feel to his usual stuff ? To be honest, it sounds like he is not that interested, it may be worth approaching another artist... whats this guys waiting list like ?

To be fair he was really enthusiastic when I had the original consultation.

• Advertisement

aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh still waiting to hear.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dinorebel wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh still waiting to hear.:D

If I was you by now im make an enquiry as to has there been any progress, I reckon best bet would be to pop into the studio and just say I was in town and just thought id pop into while i was passing see how its coming along

If I was you by now im make an enquiry as to has there been any progress, I reckon best bet would be to pop into the studio and just say I was in town and just thought id pop into while i was passing see how its coming along
    Would love to pop in but I'm in Donegal and the studio is in Dublin.

Phone them, tell them you want a date and time for the tattoo to be applied and ask for their paypal address to forward a deposit. If that does not work then find another artist !!

So I got an e-mail from him yesterday saying he will be in touch tomorrow about my 1st appointment,the excitement is now starting to build:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Did he get in touch?

Did he get in touch?
    Yes I gave him a date and he's to get back to confirm.So in 3 weeks I'll hopefully be able to post a pic of the 1st session.

Happy Days!!! Looking forward to seeing how it comes along...keep us posted!

So talked to him today and am booked for 5 hours on the 9th of Feb.

dinorebel wrote: »
    So talked to him today and am booked for 5 hours on the 9th of Feb.

GREAT !!! Congratulations !! Make sure you come back on and show us the tattoo :D

So am in for a 6 hour session tomorrow will post pics when I get home cant wait to get this started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good luck, enjoy it. Can't wait for some pics :)

Due to me being stupid it was only 4hrs will post pics later today.Am back in 2 weeks for 6hrs on the Saturday and 3 on the Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That's looking really cool. What are other animals are due to go in? I love it.

• Advertisement

That's looking really cool. What are other animals are due to go in? I love it.
    A Lioness a Jaguar,Tiger and a Mandrill along with a few Dragonflies a Hummingbird and a possibly half hidden Chameleon.Loads of flowers and foliage too.

Advertisement