Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fed up having to look down at your watch all the time?

Options
  • 09-01-2013 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Try this.....

Screeneye X

Initially I thought it was a complete alternative to a Garmin / Polar etc but it turns out its only a heads up screen for it via ANT+.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Try this.....

Screeneye X

Initially I thought it was a complete alternative to a Garmin / Polar etc but it turns out its only a heads up screen for it via ANT+.
    Does it connect to an actual watch though, or just to ANT+ accessories, like foot pods, HR monitors etc? I reckon it's just the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Try this.....

Screeneye X

For a 150 yoyos I'll be looking at my watch for a while - interested to see where this will lead to though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    For a 150 yoyos I'll be looking at my watch for a while - interested to see where this will lead to though.
    Garmin/Oakley collaboration shades which do away with the need for a watch and display all your stats around the edge of your vision.

You heard it here first.

Only €600 and the soul of your firstborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

seamus wrote: »
    Garmin/Oakley collaboration shades which do away with the need for a watch and display all your stats around the edge of your vision.

You heard it here first.

Only €600 and the soul of your firstborn.

Actually, you're way behind. ;)

These guys have been working on heads up display for a couple of years by now. Interestingly, they did away with text display after their first prototype because they found it too distracting and now use coloured LEDs instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

That could be particularly useful for people like me who struggle to see the little numbers on the watch, assuming these glasses could have some sort of diopter system built in...

• Advertisement
Advertisement