Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brooks PureCadence

Options
  • 09-01-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with these?

The sales pitch states that they are a lightweight shoe geared towards Adrenaline GTS users who want a more minimalist feel without being too sparse in the cushioning.

I love the last few versions of the GTS and most of the reviews I've seen of these shoes are positive. Sorely tempted!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I have the PureFlow, which are a step up (cushioning-wise) from the Cadence. I must admit that the cushioning is very nice, plush even. This is compared to what I was/am wearing - Kinvaras and Green Silence. However, plush as they are, they tend to make parts of my feet numb at times. I have also noticed, based on the wear pattern, that they are encouraging a heel strike - the majority of the wear is at the heels after about 100 miles. In both the Kinvaras and Green Silence, there is more wear on the outside of the forefoot.
    I am not in love with them by any stretch of the imagination, much like the Kinvaras which I didn't much care for either, but they are doing for the moment for LSRs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with these?

The sales pitch states that they are a lightweight shoe geared towards Adrenaline GTS users who want a more minimalist feel without being too sparse in the cushioning.

I love the last few versions of the GTS and most of the reviews I've seen of these shoes are positive. Sorely tempted!

Im sorely tempted, love my adrenalines but looking for something a wee bit lighter but with some cushion. Do you know anywhere in Ireland that stocks them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Im sorely tempted, love my adrenalines but looking for something a wee bit lighter but with some cushion. Do you know anywhere in Ireland that stocks them?
    The Pures ? Runners Need in Snow & Rock in Dundrum Town Centre is where I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

I took a chance on them. Took delivery from Wiggle yesterday (€77). They definitely have a very different feel to them as soon as you put them on. Noticeably less cushioning and feels like they give you a different stance overall. I'll report back after trying them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    I took a chance on them. Took delivery from Wiggle yesterday (€77). They definitely have a very different feel to them as soon as you put them on. Noticeably less cushioning and feels like they give you a different stance overall. I'll report back after trying them out.

Did you go for the same size as your adrenalines?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Im sorely tempted, love my adrenalines but looking for something a wee bit lighter but with some cushion.

Brooks Ravenna might be an option for you too.

Did you go for the same size as your adrenalines?

Yep & they seem fine for fit so far although I'm travelling at the minute & haven't been able to get out for a run on them yet. Hopefully Saturday morn.

Finally got to test these yesterday. I wore them for the Tuam AC 8k and I'd say they'll take a bit of getting used to. There is definietly a noticeble difference in (lack of) cushioning.

I had cycled out to Tuam (about 24miles) so the legs weren't the freshest but I said I'd give them a go anyway. We did a lap of the course beforehand for a warm up and by the end my feet were numb (not from the cold) & my calfs were killing me. (Neither would usually bother me) I went looking for the missus to get the keys of the car to change into the Adrenalines but couldn't get hold of her in time so was stuck with the PureCadence for the race too. I wasn't looking forward to it.

In fairness they were fine with the increased pace. Felt much better & neither the feet or the calfs gave me any problem.

Results:
    For me they are definitely a racing shoe or for speed sessions where I'm up on the forefoot. On the slower stuff where I'm more inclined to strike further back towards the heel they will definitely give me a bit of trouble.

I'll reserve final judgement yet as yesterday probably wasn't the best of days to test them out. Not my 'Go To' shoe yet anyway.

Advertisement