Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re sleep routine and fighting when feeding?

• 09-01-2013 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We have a 3 and a half month old who îs our first child. Thankfully he has always been good for sleeping at nighttime and we were generally in a routine of bedtime of 11-7(or whenever he woke up).

Christmas and all the coming and going possibly upset the routine a little bit and he now sleeps from midnight until 7.30 when he is woken up to have his first 7oz bottle. He usually starts to stir from 7.30 to 8 but sometimes can sleep in a bit more.

This suits us but we would like him to go to bed sooner than 11 or midnight. How would you recommend we do this?

He has also started fighting with his bottle in the past few weeks. It is recommended that he gets 5 x 7 oz during the day. He is usually good on the first two feeds but can be obstinate in later ones! He is averaging about 26/27 oz at present. Should we just follow his lead when it comes to how much he wants ie is a total of 26/27 oz ok to give him?

The bottle fighting has contributed to his late bed time as it can take time to get him fed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

I think it was about 6,7 or even 8 months before my daughter started going to bed early. Up to then she'd generally be up until we went to bed. Thought I'd never get her to bed earlier, but then 1 day she started showing signs of wanting to go earlier & since then has carried on (doesn't sleep through now though, far from it - awake a minimum of 3 times a night).

Didn't realise how lucky we were when she was going that late & sleeping similar hours to your little one.

Advertisement