Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Shocking that there are so many irresponsible pet (cat) owners about in this day and age and worse still is they see nothing wrong with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

OK lets put this to bed once and for all..... It has got way off topic......
    Everyone is deviating from the original thread and if you have gripes about cats pissing and ****ting everywhere start another thread....

My cats do not Siht in my neighbors garden, fact.... Their garden is covered in stone in the front with no dirt available. Yes there is dirt in the back garden but it is home to 2 shttiy dogs a jack russell and highland terrier who would have no trouble killing the cats as that is what they do instinctively. Would they climb the walls and get out of the garden if they could, Hell yes as they bounce up on the fnece and walls all day long as they are NEVER brought outside the garden for a walk, ever, unless one of them happens to make a dash for it if the neighbor forgets to lock them up on a patio....

My cats shti in an area in my garden that I have for them, FACT..... They are clean animals and have been trained well....
    They are indoors most of the time and occasionally go outdoors but are mainly house cats....
    Yes they are Spayed and neutered cats (male and female) as we are responsible people....
    AltAccount wrote: »
    You've let your cat roam loose even though you know he has an issue with it.
    Yes they do sit on the wall dividing the 2 houses, but not frequently or often and may do so for a time of no more than 10 minutes..... And they should be allowed to sit on MY WALL if they want....
    You've installed ultrasonics to mess with his dogs.
    Yes their dogs bark quite a-lot of the day and night and I have bought an ultrasonic bark repellent which will be activated when the dogs bark for a period of a few seconds and will then stop.... I have had to buy this as the 2 dogs are not being controlled by their owner and is causing a nuisance in the neighborhood. This device will be removed when the dogs start to behave themselves and not bark as the owner is not being a proper owner and stopping them from barking.... I also have a dog and would not dream of letting him bark over a period of time as it is disrespectful for any neighbors. It is just a habit the dogs were allowed to form...

The barking is not caused as a result of our two cats as these dogs are so dumb they would bark at their own shadow..
    There are a ton of other cats in the area including feral cats... but there is no chicken wire put up anywhere else on his 90 foot of wall which is open to the public area, and where cats are more likely to roam.... including on our own back wall.....
    You've told him to **** off in front of your son.
    Yes I told my Neighbor to fcuk off as it must have been the 100th time he called to the door giving out about something or other and I KNEW he was in the wrong as he was the 99 other times he called in.... Nothing better to do....
    You're calling the local authorities on him because he's trying to keep your cat out of his garden
    The cat has climbed his tree in the front garden on occasion as have other cats. He Put up a chicken wire fence on top of MY wall in the front garden WITHOUT PLANNING PERMISSION, FACT to stop the cats from looking down on their dogs in the side passageway and not for climbing his tree in the front garden.... This guy must be more stupid than I thought previously because upon reflection the cats can still walk up to the area along the lower wall in the front garden should they so wish and still sit on the wall where he doesn't want them to sit, and if he thinks his dogs can't see through Chicken wire, well then i am afraid he is more stupid than i originally thought......
    I realise that's a one sided version of the situation, but I didn't think it was fair that you be the only one to have one...
    Yes this is a one sided story here and as we all know there are 2 sided to every story, but this is based on these events and nothing else... Simple as......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Everyone is deviating from the original thread and if you have gripes about cats pissing and ****ting everywhere start another thread....

My cats do not Siht in my neighbors garden, fact.... Their garden is covered in stone in the front with no dirt available. Yes there is dirt in the back garden but it is home to 2 shttiy dogs a jack russell and highland terrier who would have no trouble killing the cats as that is what they do instinctively. Would they climb the walls and get out of the garden if they could, Hell yes as they bounce up on the fnece and walls all day long as they are NEVER brought outside the garden for a walk, ever, unless one of them happens to make a dash for it if the neighbor forgets to lock them up on a patio....

My cats shti in an area in my garden that I have for them, FACT..... They are clean animals and have been trained well....
    They are indoors most of the time and occasionally go outdoors but are mainly house cats....
    Yes they are Spayed and neutered cats (male and female) as we are responsible people....

Yes they do sit on the wall dividing the 2 houses, but not frequently or often and may do so for a time of no more than 10 minutes..... And they should be allowed to sit on MY WALL if they want....

Yes their dogs bark quite a-lot of the day and night and I have bought an ultrasonic bark repellent which will be activated when the dogs bark for a period of a few seconds and will then stop.... I have had to buy this as the 2 dogs are not being controlled by their owner and is causing a nuisance in the neighborhood. This device will be removed when the dogs start to behave themselves and not bark as the owner is not being a proper owner and stopping them from barking.... I also have a dog and would not dream of letting him bark over a period of time as it is disrespectful for any neighbors. It is just a habit the dogs were allowed to form...

The barking is not caused as a result of our two cats as these dogs are so dumb they would bark at their own shadow..
    There are a ton of other cats in the area including feral cats... but there is no chicken wire put up anywhere else on his 90 foot of wall which is open to the public area, and where cats are more likely to roam.... including on our own back wall.....

Yes I told my Neighbor to fcuk off as it must have been the 100th time he called to the door giving out about something or other and I KNEW he was in the wrong as he was the 99 other times he called in.... Nothing better to do....

The cat has climbed his tree in the front garden on occasion as have other cats. He Put up a chicken wire fence on top of MY wall in the front garden WITHOUT PLANNING PERMISSION, FACT to stop the cats from looking down on their dogs in the side passageway and not for climbing his tree in the front garden.... This guy must be more stupid than I thought previously because upon reflection the cats can still walk up to the area along the lower wall in the front garden should they so wish and still sit on the wall where he doesn't want them to sit, and if he thinks his dogs can't see through Chicken wire, well then i am afraid he is more stupid than i originally thought......

Yes this is a one sided story here and as we all know there are 2 sided to every story, but this is based on these events and nothing else... Simple as......
    Why don't you just take responsibility for your cats instead of causing your neighbour distress? Seems pretty obvious to me. :/ or am I missing something?

TBH you sound like an absolute nightmare to live next to, very inconsiderate towards your neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Jaysuss for a post started @ 4pm yesterday to have over 270 replies already!!!! & All over a Bloody Cat????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

megafan wrote: »
    Jaysuss for a post started @ 4pm yesterday to have over 270 replies already!!!! & All over a Bloody Cat????:confused:
    I think it just highlights the fact that a lot of pet owners think that anyone who doesn't LOVE their particular diddums must be a facist, murderer, non-human etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

efb wrote: »
    Some of the venom aimed at cats here is awful.

:rolleyes:

The venom is at the irresponsible, thoughtless cat owners.

Why don't you just take responsibility for your cats instead of causing your neighbour distress? Seems pretty obvious to me. :/ or am I missing something?

TBH you sound like an absolute nightmare to live next to, very inconsiderate towards your neighbours.

Yes you are missing EVERYTHING... Can you read..... Please read carefully because i don't want you to miss anything.....

The F*cking cats are on my f*cking wall.....
    I seem like a nightmare....JOG ON.... You know nothing about the situation I am in, now TROLL somewhere else.....

megafan wrote: »
    Can you believe this.... Absolute joke over advice I was looking for on the erection of a chicken wire fence illegally.....

Yes you are missing EVERYTHING... Can you read..... Please read carefully because i don't want you to miss anything.....

I seem like a nightmare....JOG ON.... You know nothing about the situation I am in, now TROLL somewhere else.....

You've already told us you had to trespass on your neighbour's property because one of your animals got into their property so get back down off your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Zebra3 wrote: »

The venom is at the irresponsible, thoughtless cat owners.
    some of it is not just people taking glee in harm coming to cats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

you said in a previous post that the wall was your neighbours wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Can you believe this.... Absolute joke over advice I was looking for on the erection of a chicken wire fence illegally.....

But your aggressive position on this issue revealed itself when the majority of posters felt your neighbour was being reasonable in his actions

efb wrote: »
    some of it is not just people taking glee in harm coming to cats

Most of it is aimed at the owners.

Especially at the ones who take glee in the ignorance of the damage their scummy animals do.

Most of it is aimed at the owners.

Especially at the ones who take glee in the ignorance of the damage their scummy animals do.

I had no issue with people having issue with bad pet keepers. I don't wish harm on animals though

You've already told us you had to trespass on your neighbour's property because one of your animals got into their property so get back down off your high horse.
    To try to stop their dog from mauling him to death. He knew the cat was there and what kind of a horrible person would allow his dog kill a kitten in the first place of which he did willingly... and yes he knew the cat was there as we were out looking for it all evening,,,,and as your user name implies, I wonder what a Zebra would do with a Lion Stalking him

If its in the lions habitat he's fair game. Don't let your cats stray op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Everyone is deviating from the original thread and if you have gripes about cats pissing and shítting everywhere start another thread....
    I for one welcome our new overlord

Why didn't you post this in the pets forum? And why wasn't it moved?

To try to stop their dog from mauling him to death. He knew the cat was there and what kind of a horrible person would allow his dog kill a kitten in the first place of which he did willingly... and yes he knew the cat was there as we were out looking for it all evening,,,,and as your user name implies, I wonder what a Zebra would do with a Lion Stalking him

What sort of horrible person would allow their cat to stray into a garden with a dog in it? :rolleyes:

Did you apologise for trespassing on your neighbour's property? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Haven't read the whole thread but basically you are worried the neighbour will damage your pussy with his huge dangerous erection? Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

Op,

If your neighbour has a problem with your cat(s) entering his/her property then its you who should really be erecting a fence on your side to keep them on your property.

I'm saying this as the owner of 2 cats and this is what I had to do to stop them straying onto our neighbours property.

This is basically the type of fence I had to put up to keep them in

http://www.purrfectfence.com/images/index/arm-in-action.jpg

Auldloon wrote: »
    Haven't read the whole thread but basically you are worried the neighbour will damage your pussy with his huge dangerous erection? Right?
    That is about the height of it Auldloon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

gurramok wrote: »
    Your back garden is not public, its private so no law applies!

For example when you lawnmower the garden, you have to check for stones/debris on the grass before you cut it. Same applies for when you have to let your kids out, check to make sure its safe as your the responsible adult.

There is no need to hurt the cat, scare it yes but hurting it is a criminal offence. I dunno but maybe you should start enclosing your garden in case any uninvited guests drop their drops in, seems logical.

you really are missing the point , by a big country mile

its not my job to turn my garden into a fortress becasue a lazy cat owner wont train their little furry **** bags

the arrogance of some cat owners on this thread is astounding

well seeing they dont want to do anything about their pets , i will , i shall dole out bamboo cane and boot at will for ****ting transgressors

im not having to disinfect children prams and toys becasue of your poxy cat

Quandary wrote: »
    Op,

If your neighbour has a problem with your cat(s) entering his/her property then its you who should really be erecting a fence on your side to keep them on your property.

I'm saying this as the owner of 2 cats and this is what I had to do to stop them straying onto our neighbours property.

This is basically the type of fence I had to put up to keep them in

http://www.purrfectfence.com/images/index/arm-in-action.jpg

Can put that fencing up in the front which seems to be the "Problem Area"... The cats don't go into their back garden as there is 2 dogs in it:confused:

And as the estate is open plan with no garden gates etc, it is impossible for me to control them like this.... They are doing no harm in my eyes, and you know what, If I see a cat in my garden, i shoo them away, I don't do anything that would be nasty or cruel to any animal, like set my dog on it...

Anyone who does animal cruelty is in fact generally dumber than the animal in the first place.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Can put that fencing up in the front which seems to be the "Problem Area"... The cats don't go into their back garden as there is 2 dogs in it:confused:

And as the estate is open plan with no garden gates etc, it is impossible for me to control them like this.... They are doing no harm in my eyes, and you know what, If I see a cat in my garden, i shoo them away, I don't do anything that would be nasty or cruel to any animal, like set my dog on it...

Anyone who does animal cruelty is in fact generally dumber than the animal in the first place.....

Put your cat on a lead when you take it out. Just because it is ok in your eyes, some people have phobias and didn't buy their house including cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

well you see that is the problem in the first place

you might not see a problem but the guy next door does , and from your rants , i think you are way over the mark on this one

train your cat like other posters have said they have done , why cant you?
    maybe becasue you could not be arsed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

gurramok wrote: »
    There is no need to hurt the cat, scare it yes but hurting it is a criminal offence

The only right a cat has is to a quick death, if ge for instance shot the cat, broke its neck, hit it with a shovel in the head ect and did not cause suffering to the animal then there is no offence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

They are doing no harm in my eyes.

And there we go folks we have reached the root of the problem, that didnt take long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

These threads always bring out the real personality of people, some of you are vile bitter disgusting people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

They are doing no harm in my eyes

Your neighbour is obviously bothered by them so you need to do something about it.

Here is another picture of a free standing style fence that can be erected in any open space; it can be as large (depending on available space) or as small as you like and it will give the cats a controlled outdoor area which is safe for them.

http://www.purrfectfence.co.uk/images/gallery/x_09_1.jpg

Advertisement