Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Trespass is trespass OP

And neighbour has a u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Yes you are missing EVERYTHING... Can you read..... Please read carefully because i don't want you to miss anything.....

The F*cking cats are on my f*cking wall.....
    I seem like a nightmare....JOG ON.... You know nothing about the situation I am in, now TROLL somewhere else.....
    Hold on, hold on, so what you are saying is basically this guy trespassed on your property, as in, he went into your garden and erected a fence?? And you let him?? Nonsense.

Sounds to me like he erected a fence on his side of the wall, which he is entitled to do, to stop your totally unrestrained cats being killed by stupidly going into HIS property and being attacked by HIS fenced in and properly controlled dogs. Mighty considerate of him. Seems he thinks more of your precious cats than you do. You already said a kitten of yours met his end in this fashion yet you do absolutely nothing to prevent it happening again!

You sound like an absolute head case if you think you are somehow in the right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

uch wrote: »
    Why does not liking cats make him a Gobsh1te ?

Cats are pricks.

Cats are pricks.

Lovely...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

K-9 wrote: »
    In fairness a well looked after dog will rarely bark because it's bored and depending on the personality are excellent against burglars.

:confused: Well if it's well looked after it's hardly bored.

The problem is some dogs think anything that passes their house is a burglar and bark constantly.

padi89 wrote: »
    :confused: Well if it's well looked after it's hardly bored.

The problem is some dogs think anything that passes their house is a burglar and bark constantly.

Well that's a nuisance and should be addressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

OP, after reading the whole thread I must say you sound like a pet owner from hell. So far we have only heard your side of the story and not the other as it's the case here, however you seem to have the attitude that you have the pet and everyone around you must just accept it and that is that.

Personally if it was me I would have done something so that my pet can't go where they are not wanted. Why should your neighbour have to put up with your cat on his wall or even shared wall or in his property?

Would you be ok if his dog was sleeping, pissing and all sorts in your front garden?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Cats are pricks.

Even lion-o?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dj jarvis wrote: »
    im not having to disinfect children prams and toys becasue of your poxy cat

Dunno why you're having a go at cats. You have to disinfect those toys and prams when you leave them outside anyway, cats are not solely responsible for germs in your back garden, lots of other creatures big and small pollute your toys and prams are too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The cats don't go into their back garden as there is 2 dogs in it:confused:

You've already told us one of your cats went in to his garden.

Ffs.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,916 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Amazing 21 pages about cats, anyhoo I read 2 pages which is sufficient to get the jist. Had a bad problem with cats in the auld dears garden a few years back, they shat and pissed everywhere destroying a lot of expensive plants and basically stinking up the garden. Tis a lovely garden by the way.

We tried everything humanly possibly to deter them, they left our garden one day presumably because they had shat/pissed every inch of the garden. I focking hate cats, don’t be a pussy….. get rid and buy a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Amazing 21 pages about cats, anyhoo I read 2 pages which is sufficient to get the jist. Had a bad problem with cats in the auld dears garden a few years back, they shat and pissed everywhere destroying a lot of expensive plants and basically stinking up the garden. Tis a lovely garden by the way.

We tried everything humanly possibly to deter them, they left our garden one day presumably because they had shat/pissed every inch of the garden. I focking hate cats, don’t be a pussy….. get rid and buy a dog.

You should have put chicken wire on top of your wall:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

They're territorial animals by nature, they don't do boundary lines.

Do you not know what "territorial" means or something?

OP, your little war of attrition is goign to end up with your cats being removed for being a nuisance. Your neighbour is perfectly entitled to have them trapped and removed if they continue to wander onto his property because you have not taken reasonable precautions to prevent it after being requested to do so.

Drumpot wrote: »
    I can only speak from experience, I am yet to see a local crow/dragon try to lift my rabbit out of my garden but I have encountered cats (in two differant homes I have lived in) have an altercation with my bunnies . .!

like a boss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0Q904gtMI

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Cats are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

@ seven eleven "These threads always bring out the real personality of people, some of you are vile bitter disgusting people."

i know , its disgusting

these cat owners have some neck , they don't care , let their animals roam , defecate on private property , expose children to severe brain injury caused by virus , they let their little moggies get killed by cars , rip bins open ,scratch people and are little smelly ****ers in general

some cat owners are as bad as hitler :cool:

gurramok wrote: »
    Dunno why you're having a go at cats. You have to disinfect those toys and prams when you leave them outside anyway, cats are not solely responsible for germs in your back garden, lots of other creatures big and small pollute your toys and prams are too.

cats are the ONLY animal that is coming into my garden and spraying the pram , and no i should not HAVE TO clean the pram every time i leave the child out for a sleep , its my back garden , do you wash everything you have used in the garden for one hour ?? you do in your arse , why should i ?

KEEP YOUR POXY CAT UNDER CONTROL - FFS what planet are you living on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dj jarvis wrote: »
    cats are the ONLY animal that is coming into my garden and spraying the pram

How do you know that? Do you watch your garden 24/7? The mice, rats, birds, insects and the odd dog can walk on your garden bringing infection at any time. Blaming it soley on cats is extremely unfair and misguided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I remember the last thread on this topic and it went in exactly the same way - 99% of the cat-owners abolutely refused to admit that they had any responsibility to control their pets activities.

According to them cats were somehow unique among domestic animals in that they should be allowed to roam freely as is their nature and if anyone objects to cats coming into their garden and crapping everywhere, the onus is on them to keep the cat out, not on the cat-owner to control their pet.

I blame the toxoplasmosis - it does mess up your brain and presumably your ability to form logical thought processes.

How do you know that? Do you watch your garden 24/7? The mice, rats, birds, insects and the odd dog can walk on your garden bringing infection at any time. Blaming it soley on cats is extremely unfair and misguided.

Are you trying to say he should just suck it up and accept cats pissing on the pram? Lulz. Owners of animals need to be responsible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

You have a cat because you were offered a cat ? You just take whatever anyone offers you do ya, no other reasoning behind it ? You must have some amount of insurance policies.

Yep. Heroin, speed, Cocaine, ecstacy, Methamphetamine, ......:rolleyes:

It was a bloody 1 month old kitten. The lad we bought him off had a pregnant cat and a large litter of kittens he couldn't look after so went looking for people willing to take one off of him.

You don't need insurance for something that eats, shits and sleeps all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

OP, you either have the neighbours from hell, or you are the neighbour from hell:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82422743

Or a WUM :p

red sean wrote: »
    OP, you either have the neighbours from hell, or you are the neighbour from hell:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=82422743

Or a WUM :p

Superb, OP has no issues shooting the neighbours dog because it barks but is in a rage because the neighbour tries to stop the OPs cat entering his property by putting up a fence.

Edit: holy ****, it gets better
    Would do, except he was heavily involved in the residents association and everyone thinks he its a really nice bloke, as did I until I found out what he was really like..
    Would love to drive over the little runt exvept its never been out of their back garden

Clearly the issue is with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Toilet trained, domesticated cats aren't going to defacate in someone's garden. I think the more anti-cat posters are having these bad experiences with strays tbh.

How do you know that? Do you watch your garden 24/7? The mice, rats, birds, insects and the odd dog can walk on your garden bringing infection at any time. Blaming it soley on cats is extremely unfair and misguided.[/QUOTE

would you cop on , i can see the little ****ers , i also know what CAT ****e looks like solid and scuttry , i also can tell when its a CAT that has sprayed the pram , becasue it smells of ****ing CAT

birds crap does not carry infection , i dont have rodents ( have never seen them or evidence of them , no food source for them , and also my garden i walled with 8 ft walls on 3 sides )

so sorry for ya , i can and will blame the smelly cats , as it is them , so give it up with your piss poor attempts of defending cats and cats owners

plenty of owners look after their cats without annoying their neighbors,
    its the ones that dont i have issue with

some ****ing cats owners , i swear to good god they just dont care , well tough on them if i catch their precious crapping in my garden - end of

their is NO defended or justification for allowing ANY pet roam
    and i have noticed that, as suspected not one cat owner has gave a answer to the questions i posted a few posts back , why ? becasue they cant

and that is the real conclusion -it cant be defended - stop letting it happen you bunch of lazy gobsh1ts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'm going to take a guess here and suggest that the neighbour's problem isn't cats "sitting on his wall".

Most people are not certifiably insane, but do take issue with things such as other people's domestic animals taking a dump in their rhododendrons or on their lawn.

Has the OP asked what part of the cat's activities are troubling him? It's simple enough to enquire in a neighbourly fashion "Why'd you put the wire up there Ted?" If it's solely to keep cats off the wall - which I somehow doubt - then ask if he minds you using a pair of pliers to fold back the sharp ends. It can hardly be the chicken wire mesh itself that's at issue, since (a) unless it's razor wire, it's not that sharp and (b) cats won't try to get through the 2 inch holes in the mesh.

If it's defecating in the gardenias that's the problem, the OP should ask the neighbour just to use a small trowel to throw the offending cat shíte back into the owner's garden, where he'll clean it up. After all, if it's his cat he shouldn't have a problem with that. Having been a cat owner for many years myself, my experience is that they tend to use their own territory for such activities, although I'm well aware that not all cats are so obliging. Something such as a cat litter box might help train them, even if the OP has to have it indoors.

Incidentally, this is Ireland. We have 'neighbours', not 'neighbors' [/spelling fuhrer].

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Toilet trained, domesticated cats aren't going to defacate in someone's garden. I think the more anti-cat posters are having these bad experiences with strays tbh.

you could be right to a large extent , but who owned these cats before they became stray ? lazy good for nothing cat owners not getting them to the vet to stop this in the first place , and in fairness , one of the cats that is always in my garden is a neighbours cat , and as far as i can tell , it is only let out to go crap , and it heads straight for my place

so feckin annoying

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    the OP should ask the neighbour just to use a small trowel to throw the offending cat shíte back into the owner's garden, where he'll clean it up. .

Why should the neighbours have to do that?

Advertisement