Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Yep. Heroin, speed, Cocaine, ecstacy, Methamphetamine, ......:rolleyes:

It was a bloody 1 month old kitten. The lad we bought him off had a pregnant cat and a large litter of kittens he couldn't look after so went looking for people willing to take one off of him.

You don't need insurance for something that eats, shits and sleeps all day long.

Hey its the point you made not me. You bought a cat simply because someone else didnt want it. The lad who had the kittens should have put them down and neutered his cat if he couldnt look after them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Toilet trained, domesticated cats aren't going to defacate in someone's garden. I think the more anti-cat posters are having these bad experiences with strays tbh.

I don't agree that cats should be allowed to go about and **** in everyones garden, and I 100% think that owners have a responsibility to prevent their cat from doing so, but there is NO way you are going to stop an outdoor cat from walking along somebodies wall. Its like trying to stop the birds from landing there too, not going to happen unless you make a big racket and turn into some nutjob.

Every single one of these threads is the same, its just filled with loud mouthed vindictive, vile & bitter people who have no other agenda other than to simply state how much "they fúcking hate cats".

We get it, you don't like cats. There are many animals I myself don't like either but I don't go about attacking those who do like them, or making jokes about how they should all be killed etc. It's sick minded to be honest.

There's a big difference between domesticated cats, and random cats that are left to roam freely and don't have an owner from one end of the day to the next. There are loads of cats in my neighborhood, all domesticated. None of them **** in mine, or anybody elses garden.

And those saying that these threads show nothing but "irresponsible cat owners that refuse to control their animals", please refer to my first paragraph. The cats that do **** in the gardens are not your everyday typical house cat, rather they're the strays, and stragglers people adopt only to feed them once a day, the cats that have no training etc. It would be similar with dogs, except dogs **** on footpaths, on the local greens, football pitches etc is far more prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

but there is NO way you are going to stop an outdoor cat from walking along somebodies wall.

Of course you can. You can put up chickenwire, as this thread has shown. There are several alternatives also as other posters have shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Of course you can. You can put up chickenwire, as this thread has shown. There are several alternatives also as other posters have shown.

It will find some other wall to walk, just as the birds will too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

How to train a cat to stay in your yard

Please read and take action if you own a cat and think they can not be trained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Why should the neighbours have to do that?

They don't have to do. I'm just suggesting a variety of measures - flung dung, litter boxes - that figuratively throw the problem back in the OP's lap and ask him to accept responsibility.

You see, I suspect the OP wants it to be a mad old man next door doing crazy things just because sweet adorable furballs are walking along his wall, because a polite enquiry might bring to light that the problem is more mundane and messy.

If it's a cat shat problem, the onus is solely on the cat owner to remedy the problem. I suggest the flung dung solution semi tongue-in-cheek, because if the cat owner has his own lawn splattered with pellets, he might appreciate the annoyance and do something about it.

As far as I can see, he hasn't asked what the real issue is that prompted the wire mesh going up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

good , so that means you have prevented the cat from coming into your garden , job done , so it is useful and does work

the bloke next door would not have to go to this extreme IF the woman next door trained and controlled her cat

it is as simple as that - he does not own a cat , so does not want them in his garden , or ****ting in his garden , or annoying his dog , it is as simple as that

the cat owner is 100% at fault in this argument , so do something about it
    keep it out of his garden and you will hav no problem

it can be done , as many posters have said they have done,
    you are just being lazy and ignorant if you allow your cat to annoy your neighbours

FFS , no wonder he does not talk to her , she is coming across as a pain in the arse , and im far from the first to mention this , is it all us or just her ?

but as usual , cat owners will just ignore all these facts becasue they could not be arsed doing something about it , well then you dont have a leg to stand on when he puts up wire or boots the cat up the arse

Not if you fence the garden correctly. The neighbour isn't bothered about birds anyway, only the OPs cat.
    Duck Soup wrote: »
    They don't have to do. I'm just suggesting a variety of measures - flung dung, litter boxes - that figuratively throw the problem back in the OP's lap and ask him to accept responsibility.

You see, I suspect the OP wants it to be a mad old man next door doing crazy things just because sweet adorable furballs are walking along his wall, because a polite enquiry might bring to light that the problem is more mundane and messy.

If it's a cat shat problem, the onus is solely on the cat owner to remedy the problem. I suggest the flung dung solution semi tongue-in-cheek, because if the cat owner has his own lawn splattered with pellets, he might appreciate the annoyance and do something about it.

As far as I can see, he hasn't asked what the real issue is that prompted the wire mesh going up.

Earlier in the thread the OP mentioned that one of their kittens got into the neighbours yard and was killed by one of his dogs. You'd think the OP would be making an effort to ensure this doesnt happen again.

Boombastic wrote: »
    How to train a cat to stay in your yard

Please read and take action if you own a cat and think they can not be trained

well done boombastic :D

see it can be done , as has been said all thread - its just lazy ignorant cat owners dodging their responsibility
    so if some one does catch a cat crapping in their garden , the cat owner has some culpability in that action

prevent them from wandering and they wont be attacked , run over by cars or chased by people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Incidentally, this is Ireland. We have 'neighbours', not 'neighbors' [/spelling fuhrer].

Hmmm.

If it's defecating in the gardenias that's the problem,

Gardenias are a tropical plant, so I doubt that. [/horticulture fuhrer]

• Advertisement

Superb, OP has no issues shooting the neighbours dog because it barks but is in a rage because the neighbour tries to stop the OPs cat entering his property by putting up a fence.

Edit: holy ****, it gets better

Clearly the issue is with you.

bingo !! a pellet gun ? i remember you trying to take lumps out of me for saying the very same thing - grade A hypocrite

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Superb, OP has no issues shooting the neighbours dog because it barks but is in a rage because the neighbour tries to stop the OPs cat entering his property by putting up a fence.

Edit: holy ****, it gets better

Clearly the issue is with you.

Lol! Youve shown your true colours op,changing your story regularly in this thread, insisting theres nothing wrong with roaming cats and now this.

Imaging dog owners had the same attitude and let their dogs run wild in packs across housing estates cos its natural for dogs to behave that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

dj jarvis wrote: »
    ]How do you know that? Do you watch your garden 24/7? The mice, rats, birds, insects and the odd dog can walk on your garden bringing infection at any time. Blaming it soley on cats is extremely unfair and misguided.[/QUOTE

would you cop on , i can see the little ****ers , i also know what CAT ****e looks like solid and scuttry , i also can tell when its a CAT that has sprayed the pram , becasue it smells of ****ing CAT

birds crap does not carry infection , i dont have rodents ( have never seen them or evidence of them , no food source for them , and also my garden i walled with 8 ft walls on 3 sides )

Rodents have ways of getting past a wall, they can dig as well as find tiny gaps you would not see. Same for insects.

So its ok for a child to put birdsh1t in its mouth?:eek:

gurramok wrote: »
    Rodents have ways of getting past a wall, they can dig as well as find tiny gaps you would not see. Same for insects.

Your strawman argument is getting old really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Well before i sign off on this as it has gotten way out of hand....

1) Our cat pisses and sh*ts in OUR garden - Not his - So lets get that out of the way for anyone concerned about the pissing and sh*tting, so no more please...

2) He put up a chicken wire fence illegally without planning permission -or is that legal now

3) I seem to have come across as being a neighbour from hell - well i can assure you that i am not. But from his point of view i am a neighbour from hell because i mouthed off at him and put him down in front of a teenager and i can 100% see his point on that. I have apologized numerous times since...

4) Yes our cat sits on the wall and looks down on the dogs inside his side passageway from time to time....

5) Our cats very rarely go out side our garden at all and once in a blue moon have climbed his tree.... but I am sure they have figured out what type of a human he is by now....

6) Does the chicken wire fence look sh*t - YES .... I have already obliged him and let him keep up the wooden fence already, (which was put up illegaly) but this really takes the biscuit and the cats can still get up on the wall and view the dogs....

7) Is the Neighbour trying get at me and use the cats as an excuse - Absolutely 100%

really , you are going to continue with this ****e ????
    sad sad sad

well seeing you obviously dont know **** all about sleeping babies out side ,
    you COVER THEM UP WITH THE RAIN COVER - you see !!!

and rodents dont leave huge piles of steaming crap in my garden , but cats do , rodents dont spray the pram , cats do ect ect ect

seriously bud , give it up , you are starting to come across a bit mad at this stage

1) Our cat pisses and sh*ts in OUR garden - Not his - So lets get that out of the way for anyone concerned about the pissing and sh*tting, so no more please...

2) He put up a chicken wire fence illegally without planning permission -or is that legal now

3) I seem to have come across as being a neighbour from hell - well i can assure you that i am not. But from his point of view i am a neighbour from hell because i mouthed off at him and put him down in front of a teenager and i can 100% see his point on that. I have apologized numerous times since...

4) Yes our cat sits on the wall and looks down on the dogs inside his side passageway from time to time....

5) Our cats very rarely go out side our garden at all and once in a blue moon have climbed his tree.... but I am sure they have figured out what type of a human he is by now....

6) Does the chicken wire fence look sh*t - YES .... I have already obliged him and let him keep up the wooden fence already, (which was put up illegaly) but this really takes the biscuit and the cats can still get up on the wall and view the dogs....

7) Is the Neighbour trying get at me and use the cats as an excuse - Absolutely 100%

You only have yourself to blame for it getting out of hand as you seem to contradict yourself on numerous occasions.

1) what about the kitten that went into his property?
    2) Dunno if its legal, have you not checked?
    3) Your posts here and your other thread indicate there is one rule for you and one for everyone else. Your cause is not helped by your comments.
    4) Is the wall his property? if so then your cats are on his property.
    5) He is within his right here again
    6) Follow the correct legal route.
    7) If you didnt do anything wrong he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

edit: lololol, just looked at the pic. Are you serious? You need to learn to be responsible for your animals. You already had one cat die, cop yourself on.

but but but ........... you have missed out the part about wanting to SHOOT your elderly neighbours dog !!!
    come on , tell us more

you were quick enough to jump on other posters for " cruelty " ,
    so what about you and your HIGHLY ILLEGAL view that its ok to shoot with a pellet gun ( you also need a firearms licence for , i presume you have one and told the garda when getting said licence you wanted to shoot dogs )

so go on , please in detail justify that for me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

It's a wind-up, folks. Same as the other thread!
    Too many contradictions between them to be anything else.
    And this is AH, not Animals & Pet Issues forum, so OP not interested in serious answers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

These threads always bring out the real personality of people, some of you are vile bitter disgusting people.

Totally agree and those of us who don't like cats can be just as bad at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Is that the little wire fence all this hassle is over?? Mind Boggles!!

Your strawman argument is getting old really fast.

Come again? Sh1t is sh1t no matter what its source, its all dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Cats aren't wildlife, they are not native species.

Come again? Sh1t is sh1t no matter what its source, its all dirt.

How is that relevant? Some **** is preventable and the responsibility of the animals owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It's hardly the Berlin Wall now is it OP?

How is that relevant? Some **** is preventable and the responsibility of the animals owner.

Read the thread. He was giving out about cleaning up cat sh1t but it didn't bother him that birdsh1t was around which he doesn't clean up. Hypocritical.

Read the thread. He was giving out about cleaning up cat sh1t but it didn't bother him that birdsh1t was around which he doesn't clean up. Hypocritical.

I've read the thread and your responses. I agree with him, he shoudlnt have to put up with someone else's cat pissing and ****ting on his property. You seem to think its ok to be an irresponsible animal owner - FYI, it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Bird **** is native. Cat **** is a foreign intruder

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

You only have yourself to blame for it getting out of hand as you seem to contradict yourself on numerous occasions.
    Fair enough , not putting a strong case forward i grant you
    1) what about the kitten that went into his property?
    Dead, we only had it a couple of weeks
    2) Dunno if its legal, have you not checked?
    Yes i have checked and it is illegal to erect a fence in your front garden over 4 foot....
    3) Your posts here and your other thread indicate there is one rule for you and one for everyone else. Your cause is not helped by your comments.

No its not one rule for me and one for everyone else... If a cat comes onto my property i will shoo it away. They tend to be feral cats who are left out all the time. Ours are house cats and are clean
    4) Is the wall his property? if so then your cats are on his property.
    5) He is within his right here again
    The wall is our property.....
    6) Follow the correct legal route.
    Will do....
    7) If you didnt do anything wrong he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    He hasn't got anything on me because i haven't done anything on him except put him down in front of my son....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Is it possible that the neighbours dog was barking at your cat, and if you complained to them about their dog barking it looks like they took measures to stop their dog from barking at your cat. A calm chat with your neighbour would more than likely sort out the situation.

Advertisement