Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can you post of pic of your neighbour's erection?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/599450/235737.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

whew!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

We have chicken wire all around our back garden, more to keep other cats out than to keep ours in. Our wee cat doesn't seem bothered by it and he's never hurt himself on any even though some of it sticks out and gives me the odd scratch when I go to put the bins out(can't help it as you never get it to lie straight).

I'd say the OP's cats will be ok - the odd wee tangle with the chicken wire will teach them they can't jump onto the wall!

They will however find another way in just to annoy his cat hating neighbour;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

TheDoc wrote: »

As you say yourself there though, some minimal things come from misplaced anger from somewhere else, at the same time, doesn't justify the anger or correctness of the original "trigger".

In relation to this part of my post I was only responding to your post asking why people can get so upset about a cat being in their garden. It can be a good reason or for something completely else. My point was that something can look petty on the outside but have a more deep routed meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Drumpot wrote: »
    My point was that something can look petty on the outside but have a more deep routed meaning.

We're not dealing with lions or leopards here, its a simple harmless cat! It won't attack you! The way some people go on is that all animals should be locked up in a zoo :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Drumpot wrote: »
    In relation to this part of my post I was only responding to your post asking why people can get so upset about a cat being in their garden. It can be a good reason or for something completely else. My point was that something can look petty on the outside but have a more deep routed meaning.

I get what your saying I think,

So an example might be someone freaking out at a kid for a light ball going into their garden, as they in the earlier part of the day lost their job?

Understandable of the frustration and and anger, but doesn't justify it for the situation it was used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Its super effective - ]

It is if you bother to train your cat.

Hundreds of videos on youtube. But most cat owners seem to think dumping a tin of cat food into a bowl every day is all you need to do to be a cat owner.

I like both cats and dogs, but I'd never get one because I couldn't commit to all that's involved in owning one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

gurramok wrote: »
    We're not dealing with lions or leopards here, its a simple harmless cat! It won't attack you! The way some people go on is that all animals should be locked up in a zoo :mad:
    How about when you or your children witness the cat being mauled by a dog in a back garden the cat should not be in? Is that harmless?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Can I roam around on your property whenever I feel like it?

I'm harmless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Zebra3 wrote: »

I'm harmless.

Take a huge dump on his doorstep too. He won't mind. Shitting is in your nature

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

dj jarvis wrote: »

some cat owners are as bad as hitler :cool:
    Must have rubbed off from the Hitler-like cats, I guess?
    http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com
    How do you know that? Do you watch your garden 24/7? The mice, rats, birds, insects and the odd dog can walk on your garden bringing infection at any time. Blaming it soley on cats is extremely unfair and misguided.

Don't forget the urban foxes, squirrels, the odd badger etc.

h2005 wrote: »
    How about when you or your children witness the cat being mauled by a dog in a back garden the cat should not be in? Is that harmless?

That dog is dangerous and a danger to humans. The cat wouldn't harm a fly.
    Zebra3 wrote:

I'm harmless.

You're brainier than a cat or any animal I assume, you know you don't have animal instincts to roam across walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

You're brainier than a cat or any animal I assume, you know you don't have animal instincts to roam across walls.

Can be a bit gone after a night on the sauce and in need of a slash so I'm sure you'll excuse me p*ssing up against your door.

Human nature and all that. :rolleyes:

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Can be a bit gone after a night on the sauce and in need of a slash so I'm sure you'll excuse me p*ssing up against your door.

Human nature and all that. :rolleyes:

You can get arrested for that as you be breaking the law. Ya can't arrest a cat as the cat has broken no law!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

I'd prefer to look at a cat sitting on my wall rather than ugly chicken wire.
    He sounds crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

You can get arrested for that as you be breaking the law. Ya can't arrest a cat as the cat has broken no law!:D

How do you know it was him? Do you have a DNA test!

Your argument is ****e though, the issue isn't the cat, its bad and irresponsible owners. Who do you think is going to "win" out of this? Best case scenario someone brains your cat with a rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭tightropetom

dj jarvis wrote: »
    some cat owners are as bad as hitler :cool:

LoL - Godwin's Law is alive and well. I assume that was deliberate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭faccid

Ask him how he made the fence and send him my way. I've an annoying cat outside my garden and when I leave door for a sec his in my house. Next time he won't get out!

How do you know it was him? Do you have a DNA test!

Your argument is ****e though, the issue isn't the cat, its bad and irresponsible owners. Who do you think is going to "win" out of this? Best case scenario someone brains your cat with a rock.

CCTV! Gardai can do a dna test as well to help lock him away.

Cats like most animals are like kids, why would you murder a kid with a rock? As i said earlier if you have the ability to harm a defenceless cute little animal, you should be locked up in a mental institution in order to keep us all safe from your insanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

CCTV! Gardai can do a dna test as well to help lock him away.

Cats like most animals are like kids, why would you murder a kid with a rock? As i said earlier if you have the ability to harm a defenceless cute little animal, you should be locked up in a mental institution in order to keep us all safe from your insanity.

well that escalated quickly :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Cats like most animals are like kids, why would you murder a kid with a rock?.

Exactly!!!!!
    I have a son here who walks on all fours, ****s and burys it in the neighbours sandbox, occasionally licks himself clean, sprays piss around the estate to mark his territory and sometimes coughs up hair balls.
    God I love my son

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭dttq

Interesting character. No doubt he'll be putting overhead netting over his back garden next to stop the birds from stealing his worms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

dttq wrote: »
    Interesting character. No doubt he'll be putting overhead netting over his back garden next to stop the birds from stealing his worms.

Cat-person.

Logic excision.

thus:

Toxoplasmosis sufferer.

Investigate treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

kick his face in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Its super effective -

This whole cat hatin thread was worth it just to see this video. Sick laughing. Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

dutchcat wrote: »
    kick his face in.
    I know it's AH, but..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

That dog is dangerous and a danger to humans. The cat wouldn't harm a fly.

The dog is a springer spaniel and is perfectly fine around humans the cat should never have been in the garden. How responsible was the owner of that cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

your neighbours erection is really causing friction between you both. Maybe you both need to slow down and not get so excited about it.

If the neighbours erection is causing friction like you say, maybe soon lube will help. And it's always best not to get too excited to fast, I agree that you need to slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

OP go out to the garden there and place your hands on either side of the chicken wire and rub them together gentlely. You'll be glad they put the fence up.

Watch out for the sharp bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Its super effective -
    This whole cat hatin thread was worth it just to see this video. Sick laughing. Fantastic!
    Which kinda proves my point on the other thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82578084&postcount=98
    You don't train cats. They train you.

Advertisement