Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gurramok wrote: »
    CCTV! Gardai can do a dna test as well to help lock him away.

Cats like most animals are like kids, why would you murder a kid with a rock? As i said earlier if you have the ability to harm a defenceless cute little animal, you should be locked up in a mental institution in order to keep us all safe from your insanity.

Cats aren't kids. Terrible analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Cats aren't kids. Terrible analogy.

Wrong, they are like kids. Part of the family you know.

By "wrong" do you mean "correct"? You know what's like cats?

Cats.

By "wrong" do you mean "correct"? You know what's like cats?

Cats.

You're thinking of physical features alone. Cats, dogs, horses, any pet is part of the family and should be treated as such by all right thinking humans.

You're thinking of physical features alone. Cats, dogs, horses, any pet is part of the family and should be treated as such by all right thinking humans.

Stop humanising animals and expecting others to do the same.
    Your argument is ****e though, the issue isn't the cat, its bad and irresponsible owners. Who do you think is going to "win" out of this? Best case scenario someone brains your cat with a rock.

No matter how much you love your cat the above will happen if you are not a responsible owner. If someone comes to you and complains that your cat is taking a dump in their spuds every day you are obligated to take care of the problem. No amount of "ah here, leave it out - its only a cat" will save moggy from a rock up the jacksee.

Equating this to murdering a kid is asinine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

would you let your kids sh1t in the neighbours garden aswell?

Why do you hate animals so much?
    No matter how much you love your cat the above will happen if you are not a responsible owner. If someone comes to you and complains that your cat is taking a dump in their spuds every day you are obligated to take care of the problem. No amount of "ah here, leave it out - its only a cat" will save moggy from a rock up the jacksee.

Equating this to murdering a kid is asinine.

Murdering animals is how serial killers of humans started. Animals suffer too ya know.

Murdering animals is how serial killers of humans started. Animals suffer too ya know.

Who's murdering animals now? From what I see your complete lack of responsibility would put any pet you have at risk. Shame on you.

Whyever would you think I hate animals? You know nothing of me or my work.

Who's murdering animals now? From what I see your complete lack of responsibility would put any pet you have at risk. Shame on you.

Whyever would you think I hate animals? You know nothing of me or my work.

You said "rock up the jacksee" when referring to an animal. That is hateful, cruel and offensive behaviour.

You said "rock up the jacksee" when referring to an animal. That is hateful, cruel and offensive behaviour.

Yes, it is. What's that got to do with me? You don't understand what will happen to your pets if they cause a nuisance because you are not being responsible?

• Advertisement

Keeping pets but being too lazy to train them is also hateful, cruel and offensive behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Well i guess it is a boundary wall as it divides the two gardens.....
    and it really is not a big deal except for the fact that he is in particular trying to harm our two cats.... Again he has placed it in such a way as the barbs from the chicken wire will harm the animals....

DO we have any rights at all?

Cats ain't stupid, I've four of them. If they want to get to his garden, they will. Fence or no fence. Cats travel up to 3 miles for a mooch around, so they will just go somewhere else for a suntrap. They are not like dogs. They will find another spot and adapt.

Yes, it is. What's that got to do with me? You don't understand what will happen to your pets if they cause a nuisance because you are not being responsible?

Whats it got to do with you? You said you'd rock the cat!! Since when does so called nuisance equate to murder?

Whats it got to do with you? You said you'd rock the cat!! Since when does so called nuisance equate to murder?

At no stage did I say that I would "rock the cat". Do you even know what murder means? I am enjoying how you continue to move your argument though.

At no stage did I say that I would "rock the cat". Do you even know what murder means? I am enjoying how you continue to move your argument though.

You said "rock up the jacksee" which is a weapon of murder to a small animal. Cats are small, pick on someone your own size with your rocks.

You said "rock up the jacksee" which is a weapon of murder to a small animal. Cats are small, pick on someone your own size with your rocks.

You cant murder an animal, as murder relates specifically to humans.

That bit of education out the way, I did not say at any stage that I would throw a rock at a cat, I said it is a potential hazard if you are not responsible for your animal.

Why do you refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of your pets?

..................... Cats are small, pick on someone your own size with your rocks.

Yet it's ok to let them roam and possibly be hit with a car?

Creating a Safe Outdoor Enclosure for Your Cats

You cant murder an animal, as murder relates specifically to humans.

That bit of education out the way, I did not say at any stage that I would throw a rock at a cat, I said it is a potential hazard if you are not responsible for your animal.

Murder is murder, an animal is a being. With that education out of the way, you should treat animals humanely.
    Why do you refuse to accept responsibility for the actions of your pets?

I have accepted responsibility and explained to you that its your responsibility to protect your garden from all sorts of dangers within the law.

You don't leave your house doors open at night? No, you lock them as you don't want burglars. Thats taking responsibility so do the same with animals, take humane precautions, simple really.

Murder is murder, an animal is a being. With that education out of the way, you should treat animals humanely.

I have accepted responsibility and explained to you that its your responsibility to protect your garden from all sorts of dangers within the law.

You don't leave your house doors open at night? No, you lock them as you don't want burglars. Thats taking responsibility so do the same with animals, take humane precautions, simple really.

No, murder is a specific term. You cannot murder an animal.

mur·der
    /ˈmərdər/
    Noun
    The unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

I agree that animals should be treated humanely.

It is not my responsibility to stop your animals, it is yours and the law agrees with me.

It is not my responsibility to stop your animals, it is yours and the law agrees with me.

What law? Some sort of anti-cat law?:confused:

• Advertisement

What law? Some sort of anti-cat law?:confused:

No, some sort of animal protection law where you are responsible for the safety of your animals

Here's a little story for you. A dog was worrying a farmers sheep. The farmers suspected it was the neighbours dog and approached them about it. The neighbours denied responsibility. The dog killed a sheep and savaged another. The farmer contacted the police who contacted the neighbour. The neighbours denied responsibility. The dog was witnessed by the farmer chasing his sheep again. The farmer shot the dog.

Who is responsible here?
    The farmer.
    The neighbour.
    The dog.

Maybe it's time to introduce a licencing system for cats, same as we have for dogs. All unsupervised roaming cats could be picked up and dealt with by the animal warden.

No, some sort of animal protection law where you are responsible for the safety of your animals

Here's a little story for you. A dog was worrying a farmers sheep. The farmers suspected it was the neighbours dog and approached them about it. The neighbours denied responsibility. The dog killed a sheep and savaged another. The farmer contacted the police who contacted the neighbour. The neighbours denied responsibility. The dog was witnessed by the farmer chasing his sheep again. The farmer shot the dog.

Who is responsible here?
    The farmer.
    The neighbour.
    The dog.

So there is no cat law as you can't state it, sums it up really. We don't keep sheep in our back gardens :rolleyes:

So there is no cat law as you can't state it, sums it up really. We don't keep sheep in our back gardens :rolleyes:

Stop dodging.

Are they let roam about the neighbourhood aswell?

Stop dodging.

So no cat law indeed. Why do have a wall\fence in your back garden then?
    Boombastic wrote: »
    Are they let roam about the neighbourhood aswell?

No, they are used for commercial purposes rather than household pets.

So no cat law indeed. Why do have a wall\fence in your back garden then?

You think the law states your cat is allowed to roam where ever it wants? Still dodging by the way. If your animal is on someone elses property you are responsible. Cats are not exempt.

edit: i don't have a fence btw. The person who owns the land adjacent to mine has one to stop his animals entering my property.

You think the law states your cat is allowed to roam where ever it wants? Still dodging by the way. If your animal is on someone elses property you are responsible. Cats are not exempt.

edit: i don't have a fence btw. The person who owns the land adjacent to mine has one to stop his animals entering my property.

If there is no law preventing the cat to roam then the cat can roam.

If there is no law preventing the cat to roam then the cat can roam.

And if there is? There are laws that state you must:

provide adequate food and water
    vaccinate
    prevent from being a nuisance <-- ding ding ding

• Advertisement

And if there is? There are laws that state you must:

provide adequate food and water
    vaccinate
    prevent from being a nuisance <-- ding ding ding

Please quote that law and its definition of nuisance.

Advertisement