Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

gurramok wrote: »
    Please quote that law and its definition of nuisance.

The Protection of Animals Act 1911.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The Protection of Animals Act 1911.

Definition of nuisance as quoted by that law? And I bet there is a clause there stating you're not suppose to ill-treat animals!

Definition of nuisance as quoted by that law? And I bet there is a clause there stating you're not suppose to ill-treat animals!

The law doesn't define nuisance, it doesn't have to.

4. If any personal shall by cruelty within the meaning of this Act to any animal, do or cause to be done, any damage or injury to the animal or any person or property,

^^ ****ting in someones garden = damage.

and yes, the whole law is about the ill treatment of animals. You not looking after them correctly is ill treatment :p

The law doesn't define nuisance, it doesn't have to.

4. If any personal shall by cruelty within the meaning of this Act to any animal, do or cause to be done, any damage or injury to the animal or any person or property,

^^ ****ting in someones garden = damage.

and yes, the whole law is about the ill treatment of animals. You not looking after them correctly is ill treatment :p

So nothing about nuisance, apology accepted in advance :D

Since when is a gentle p1ss in the grass injurying a property? Think the Act is saying the cat should not physically knock down the wall like a horse ;)

Since when is a gentle p1ss in the grass injurying a property? Think the Act is saying the cat should not physically knock down the wall like a horse ;)

What you think and what reality is seem to be different. Do you honestly believe a cat is allowed to go where it wishes?
    edit: injury or damage, selective responses seem to be your forte.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I had to throw out a lot of my bark chippings due to cat sh1t:mad:

=Damage to property

What you think and what reality is seem to be different. Do you honestly believe a cat is allowed to go where it wishes?

Yes, there is no law against it as proven. If you so wish to keep the cat out, erect a proper fence just like what you would do to keep rats\mice\foxes\birds\burglars out. Your garden, your responsibility to keep it in good nick!

Yes, there is no law against it as proven. If you so wish to keep the cat out, erect a proper fence just like what you would do to keep rats\mice\foxes\birds\burglars out. Your garden, your responsibility to keep it in good nick!

This is massively untrue. You have proven only that you refuse to accept responsibility for your animals. Again, the end result is that your animals will suffer. You seem to be ok with that though.

If your cat damages my property i have recourse to claim the expense from you. Similarly, if your cat enters my property i can legally request that you contain it.

This is massively untrue. You have proven only that you refuse to accept responsibility for your animals. Again, the end result is that your animals will suffer. You seem to be ok with that though.

If your cat damages my property i have recourse to claim the expense from you. Similarly, if your cat enters my property i can legally request that you contain it.

Taking a p1ss in the grass is not damage. Bet you even cut the grass as well, thats damage to your own property using your logic!

Taking a p1ss in the grass is not damage. Bet you even cut the grass as well, thats damage to your own property using your logic!

Says you, I define what entails damage in my garden and can easily prove that damage has occured. Your right to allow your cat to do as it wishes ends when it leaves your property. I could legally trap your cat and send it to a pound if it enters my garden. This to you is responsible ownership?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

Boombastic wrote: »
    I had to throw out a lot of my bark chippings due to cat sh1t:mad:

=Damage to property

Not the bark chippings :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CommanderC wrote: »

A cat entered my freshly planted carrot bed, took a dump and kicked teh seeds all over the place. The mental anguish i suffered by having uneven rows of carrots will haunt me for some time.

CommanderC wrote: »

Bark chippings or not, they still cost me money to put down in the first place and to replace.

Says you, I define what entails damage in my garden and can easily prove that damage has occured. Your right to allow your cat to do as it wishes ends when it leaves your property. I could legally trap your cat and send it to a pound if it enters my garden. This to you is responsible ownership?

You can't prove anything as the cat did no damage. You'd be laughed out of any court case.

No need to trap any cat if you had protected your property in the first place to keep out all sorts of animals, flying birds and humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Guys, there is no point in trying to discuss this with Gurramok. His attitude is just as selfish as the animal he's trying to defend.

You can't prove anything as the cat did no damage. You'd be laughed out of any court case.

No need to trap any cat if you had protected your property in the first place to keep out all sorts of animals, flying birds and humans.

Of course i can prove damage if damage exists. A cat ****ting in my garden can cause damage. I'm sure we'd all have a chuckle in court if you let it get that far, but its a clear cut case - if an animal you are responsible causes provable damage, you are responsible.

You are missing the point though, legally i can indeed trap and remove your cat. If you looked after it properly in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.

Of course i can prove damage if damage exists. A cat ****ting in my garden can cause damage. I'm sure we'd all have a chuckle in court if you let it get that far, but its a clear cut case - if an animal you are responsible causes provable damage, you are responsible.

You are missing the point though, legally i can indeed trap and remove your cat. If you looked after it properly in the first place this wouldn't be an issue.

You maybe right but can you quote that trap law? Would like to know under what precise circumstances as nuisance is not one.

Provide CCTV and DNA evidence to prove the cat did go to the toilet. Do you go about trapping the birds as well?

You maybe right but can you quote that trap law? Would like to know under what precise circumstances as nuisance is not one.

Provide CCTV and DNA evidence to prove the cat did go to the toilet. Do you go about trapping the birds as well?

you provide evidence I seen your cat in the first place;)

Catcopter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Walls > 2M high at the back of the house are subject to planning permission. (This includes palisades and security fencing). The Front I think it is only 1M.

Ask to see his planning permission. If he shows it, check to see where it details that he plans to create spikes that can cause injury.

If he tells you to feck off you can request it from your local county council for 20 euros. If they don't have it on file they will send someone round to have a nice chat with him.

I don't have an issue with birds and they are not the subject of discussion here - unless you allow your parrot to roam freely?

http://www.lawreform.ie/_fileupload/consultation%20papers/wpAnimals.htm

^^ theres some great reading there on cases related to animal negligence by owners such as allowing them to cause a nuisance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Murder is murder, an animal is a being. With that education out of the waiy, you should treat animals humanely.
    Ah seriously go hug a ****in tree will ya! You cant murder an animal, murder is an unlawful act, iv never been arested for killing animals and i hunt with a guard a few times a year.... All done humainly, most of them never even heard the bang

Cats have no protection, you can trap them all day long and have them put down or kill them yourself humainly and no law is broken

I don't have an issue with birds and they are not the subject of discussion here - unless you allow your parrot to roam freely?

http://www.lawreform.ie/_fileupload/consultation%20papers/wpAnimals.htm

^^ theres some great reading there on cases related to animal negligence by owners such as allowing them to cause a nuisance.

Birds do the same "damage". It appears there is no trap law?

aaakev wrote: »
    iv never been arested for killing animals and i hunt with a guard a few times a year.... All done humainly, most of them never even heard the bang

Cats have no protection, you can trap them all day long and have them put down or kill them yourself humainly and no law is broken

You're very brave, I wanna be in your gang :rolleyes:

I haven't seen too many pet birds flying loose around my neighbourhood:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Porkchop McGee

aaakev wrote: »
    Ah seriously go hug a ****in tree will ya! You cant murder an animal, murder is an unlawful act, iv never been arested for killing animals and i hunt with a guard a few times a year.... All done humainly, most of them never even heard the bang
    What about the ones who did hear the bang? Explain to me what is humane about shooting animals?

You can trap birds, its done all the time. You can kill them also, provided its done humanely. My parents have a dead crow hanging over their hen run, it keeps the rest of them away.
    What about the ones who did hear the bang? Explain to me what is humane about shooting animals?

Is your googler broken or something?

You're very brave, I wanna be in your gang :rolleyes:
    Great answer :rolleyes:

Boombastic wrote: »
    I haven't seen too many pet birds flying loose around my neighbourhood:confused:

How do you know they are not pet birds?
    You can trap birds, its done all the time. You can kill them also, provided its done humanely. My parents have a dead crow hanging over their hen run, it keeps the rest of them away

Why kill, have you got a lust for killing? Use a scarecrow, scaring is better than killing and more humane.

• Advertisement

shooting when done right is one of the most humane ways to kill an animal, they dont feel a thing.

Advertisement