Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Cungi wrote: »
    Yes. It's your pet. Keep it on your property. No other pet owners would let their pets roam free but you think a cat has some god given right to do so.

It does as its in its nature as explained already. Dunno how a tiny animal could have such a devastating affect on you, its puzzling:confused:
    Just like dogs, horses, rabbits, lizards and ferrets. All pets. None roam.
    Why is your cat the only pet allowed to roam?

Animal selectiveness now are we? Why don't you throw lions in as well?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

gurramok wrote: »
    Protect the vegetation, its the responsibility of the grower to protect their carrots not just from cats but from all species.

So you suggest poisoned cat food?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

If he's seriously that bothered by a small fluffy cute animal sitting on a 7ft wall, he's got mental issues.

More like its all the cat **** in his garden (or is your cat trained to use a litter box?)

Zebra3 wrote: »
    So you suggest poisoned cat food?

No, thats murder. You can lay anti-animal repellant that is safe for the animals and the environment. Won't stop birds or insects though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Animal selectiveness now are we? Why don't you throw lions in as well?:rolleyes:

Your replies are becoming more and more nonsensical:rolleyes:

21/25

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    Your replies are becoming more and more nonsensical:rolleyes:

Ok, maybe not lions as they can roam when out of the zoo. Turtles would be appropriate!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

No, thats murder. You can lay anti-animal repellant that is safe for the animals and the environment. Won't stop birds or insects though!

Murder?

You really are clueless.

You reckon all those people working in the meat industry are guilty of murder every day? Guards must be fierce busy with them. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

A lion is not a pet.

I'll ask again. Why is your cat the only pet allowed to roam?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mrs.doyle

Cats regularly pass through my garden even though not overly fond of them but didnt bother me too much until recentely. I have a cheeky one that has uprooted my veg patch, have tried hushing her away she just wont move till i actually throw something at her. Have put down mesh, thorny branches even tried pepper but she just scratches everything away. I am sick going around shovelling up scuttery sh1te, especially when my little grandson visits. I have put down plastic bottles filled with water and this seemed to keep most of them away except for this one and she is really testing me, help please.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Murder?

You really are clueless.

You reckon all those people working in the meat industry are guilty of murder every day? Guards must be fierce busy with them. :rolleyes:

You can't just kill cats at will when you feel like it, they have rights.
    A lion is not a pet.

I'll ask again. Why is your cat the only pet allowed to roam?

Its their nature to roam, many pets are allowed to roam not just cats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

can you name any other pets allowed to roam?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

mrs.doyle wrote: »
    Cats regularly pass through my garden even though not overly fond of them but didnt bother me too much until recentely. I have a cheeky one that has uprooted my veg patch, have tried hushing her away she just wont move till i actually throw something at her. Have put down mesh, thorny branches even tried pepper but she just scratches everything away. I am sick going around shovelling up scuttery sh1te, especially when my little grandson visits. I have put down plastic bottles filled with water and this seemed to keep most of them away except for this one and she is really testing me, help please.
    Eh cats dont cause trouble and they bury their poo havent you heard?? :rolleyes:
    Seriously tho this is a perfect example, mrs doyle should not have to keep cleaning up the cats **** around her veg patch not to mention repair the damage to it

What pets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

kowloon wrote: »
    I always enjoy watching someone make their garden look like $hite just to stop the cats ruining it.

And spreading disease that can blind children

Boombastic wrote: »
    can you name any other pets allowed to roam?

Dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

What pets?

you are dead right , some just cant understand the difference between a pet and a wild animal , pets you have a duty of care to them AND your neighbours rights , wild animals you dont , so are we clear on this

foxes might **** ib your garden , but no one can prevent that , but your cat ****ting in my garden , you can stop and have a duty of care as a PET owner to prevent this , if you dont then you are a lazy cat owner

comparing wild to domestic ANYTHING is ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Dogs.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1986/en/act/pub/0032/sec0009.html#sec9
    (1) The owner or any other person in charge of a dog shall not permit the dog to be in any place other than—

(a) the premises of the owner, or

(b) the premises of such other person in charge of the dog, or

(c) the premises of any other person, with the consent of that person,

unless such owner or such other person in charge of the dog accompanies it and keeps it under effectual control.

(2) If a dog worries livestock, the owner or any other person in charge of the dog shall be guilty of an offence unless it is established that at the material time the dog worried the livestock for the purpose of removing trespassing livestock and that having regard to all the circumstances the action was reasonable and necessary.

(3) A person who is guilty of an offence under subsection (2) of this section shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding £500, or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding one month, or, at the discretion of the court, to both such fine and such imprisonment.

It's time to bring in similar controls for cats

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Dogs.
    Most dogs are not allowed to roam and its illegal to let your dog roam. Only irrisponsable ownera let their dogs roam... Try again

Boombastic wrote: »
    It's time to bring in similar controls for cats

Cats are different, no need for any control as they don't attack humans.

Dogs.

no they are not !!!
    they can be picked up by the dog warden and put down if not claimed by the owner , pity there is not a cat warden ,

you are trolling at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

When anything unusual happens I am often told 'well, this is Ireland'. This thread definately proves that statement.

Is there any other country that makes such an issue over cats being allowed to roam? Any other country I've been to has cats, obviously well fed pets, roaming about. So why is it so different in Ireland?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Dunno if I can embed but sure it's the same anyway. Cats can attack young children quite easily. Sharp claws, kids eyes.

http://youtu.be/hXtrSF8_H_k

Mo60 wrote: »
    When anything unusual happens I am often told 'well, this is Ireland'. This thread definately proves that statement.

Is there any other country that makes such an issue over cats being allowed to roam? Any other country I've been to has cats, obviously well fed pets, roaming about. So why is it so different in Ireland?

so you would have to assume in all these other cat utopias you speak of , there has to been disgruntled people who also dont like cats crapping in their garden

so how is it a irish thing ?

dj jarvis wrote: »
    no they are not !!!
    they can be picked up by the dog warden and put down if not claimed by the owner , pity there is not a cat warden ,

you are trolling at this stage

Dogs can bite and kill humans in extreme cases, thats while they are controlled. Cats are harmless to humans, no need for control. Think its you thats trolling with your indefensible anti-cat propaganda.

Dogs.

Not allowed to roam. You stated many pets are allowed to roam.
    Name one.

Yes they do. Google "attacked by cat". Plenty of results.

so how is it a irish thing ?

Because I have only come accross this issue in Ireland.

Dogs can bite and kill humans in extreme cases, thats while they are controlled. Cats are harmless to humans, no need for control. Think its you thats trolling with your indefensible anti-cat propaganda.

LOL :D , yea what ever bud

have a look few pages back , i posted some points that i asked cat owners to try and defend , NOT ONE has been addressed , so before you start ****ing about my stance being un defensible , have about you doing some defending and stop side stepping the hard questions

my opinion is far from far fetched or un defensible - and from reading the thread you are in the minority and fast becoming a laughing stock with your ramblings and far from the point posts

** oh by the way " anti cat propaganda " ?? really ?? just becasue i dont like cats ****ting in my garden , anything i say that does not suit your argument is propaganda is it ?? **

Mo60 wrote: »
    Because I have only come accross this issue in Ireland.

so that qualify's that it does not happen in others country's does it ???
    becasue you did not come across it ?
    im afraid it does not work that way - your world is not universal

Not allowed to roam. You stated many pets are allowed to roam.
    Name one.

I did, dogs. Donkeys, parrots, all sorts of birds, sheep, cows, hens, pigs, boars, horses, sheep, hamsters etc, they all roam when they can as its in their nature, some cannot as they are locked up 24/7.
    Yes they do. Google "attacked by cat". Plenty of results.

A scratch doesn't count. Any deaths by mauling?

• Advertisement

so that qualify's that it does not happen in others country's does it ???
    becasue you did not come across it ?
    im afraid it does not work that way - your world is not universal

In my experiences of living and visiting other countries I have never come across this problem as much as in Ireland.

I am not looking for an argument, just opinions from other people who have ventured outside Ireland.

Advertisement