Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Cungi wrote: »
    No politician could dodge the answer as well as Gurramok can.
    And then you dodge the rest of my point about the legal situation. Nice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

dj jarvis wrote: »
    My apologies little girl :D i would suggest a hug , but that could be misunderstood as grooming :eek:

In your case, a hug - :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Mo60 wrote: »
    In your case, a hug - :eek::eek::eek:

Good girl Sharon ......;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Yawns wrote: »
    No you have not. You have stated that dogs can roam like cats. Wild dogs roam as do wild cats. Pet dogs are not allowed to roam like pet cats. Someone sees a cat with a collar roaming about and ****ting in gardens n such and the owners don't bat an eye lid or think they have to control it.

Someone sees a dog with a collar roaming and ****ting in gardens and the owners are rightly moaned at and told to control it.

So your example of pet dogs being given the same free roam as pet cats is incorrect. Try again.

FWIW, my pet kestrel and merlin I allow out to go where they wish. Same with my otter. The hedghog comes and goes as he pleases too.
    My dormice are still crashed out so they aren't going anywhere for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Maybe it's to stop his chickens getting out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Cungi wrote: »
    You are dodging. You are the one not listening. So i'm going to spell it out for you.

Your cat is allowed to roam because YOU have allowed it to.
    No other pet owners do this because the law states they can't or the owner doesnt want any harm to come to their pet.

Where is the law that says a cat cannot roam? Still waiting for this.

Good girl Sharon ......;)

Thats' not my name - case closed.

gurramok wrote: »

i dont know of a law , but i do know about common courtesy and common sense
    dog owners have to abide with the above AND the law

but cat owners deem themselves above everything.
    i have even seen a cat owner on a different thread describe people who dont love cats as " psychopaths "
    but in fairness , a good amount of the unhinged people i have come across tend to be " mad cat ladies " , you know the type

so im out , no point banging my head on this one , as some are just blind to their civic duty , not to mention care for their animals.

i for one, will continue to throw shoes and kick at cats crapping in my garden
    its the owners fault if i connect

Thats' not my name - case closed.

i think you are missing the joke , watch the snapper

Its a very OTT reaction. Hope you have a few beers when you're trying aim at the harmless pussy with your shoe and you end up missing ;):D

• Advertisement

i think you are missing the joke , watch the snapper

I know there was supposed to be a joke somewhere - but I couldn't be bothered.

I'll leave the last word to you. I'm sure you will have one. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

So you'd have no problem with your kid losing a foot after running into a neighbour's garden to retrieve his football and stepped on a bear-trap that the kid-hating neighbour set?

Your problem if your stupid (now crippled) kid goes where it's not wanted, eh?
    No. Just cats.:)

And their 'owners'. I use the term owner loosely as I believe that some catowners are unable or unwilling to be responsible for their animals, as is testified quite heavily in this thread.

I know there was supposed to be a joke somewhere - but I couldn't be bothered.

I'll leave the last word to you. I'm sure you will have one. :rolleyes:

YAWN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

dog owners have to abide with the above AND the law

but cat owners deem themselves above everything.
    i have even seen a cat owner on a different thread describe people who dont love cats as " psychopaths "
    but in fairness , a good amount of the unhinged people i have come across tend to be " mad cat ladies " , you know the type

so im out , no point banging my head on this one , as some are just blind to their civic duty , not to mention care for their animals.

i for one, will continue to throw shoes and kick at cats crapping in my garden
    its the owners fault if i connect

Grumpy fecker used to throw stones at my cat. I shagged his wife. Haven't seen him in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Quandary

After a quick google here is an extreme example of damage an unmanaged cat did to a neighbours child

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4507250/Cat-attacks-baby-girl-in-cot-leaving-her-needing-17-stitches.html

When I was young we had a rabbit hutch with a family of about 10 rabbits in it. Our neighbours cat managed to kill most of the baby rabbits by clawing them throw the mesh wire.

We have 2 cats which we go from a local shelter and I wouldn't dream of letting them roam outside unsupervised.

Seriously, why some people can't see the need to control and take ultimate responsibility for their cats is pretty startling!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Still dodging are you? Impressive stuff.

Have you answered yet why you are not responsible for damage you cat does as you are not controlling it correctly?
    mrs.doyle wrote: »
    Cats regularly pass through my garden even though not overly fond of them but didnt bother me too much until recentely. I have a cheeky one that has uprooted my veg patch, have tried hushing her away she just wont move till i actually throw something at her. Have put down mesh, thorny branches even tried pepper but she just scratches everything away. I am sick going around shovelling up scuttery sh1te, especially when my little grandson visits. I have put down plastic bottles filled with water and this seemed to keep most of them away except for this one and she is really testing me, help please.

Try citrus - lemon slices work but you gotta replace them often.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

Well i guess it is a boundary wall as it divides the two gardens.....
    and it really is not a big deal except for the fact that he is in particular trying to harm our two cats.... Again he has placed it in such a way as the barbs from the chicken wire will harm the animals....

DO we have any rights at all?

He's probably sick to the teeth of YOUR cats sh*****g and pissing all over his garden

Still dodging are you? Impressive stuff.

Have you answered yet why you are not responsible for damage you cat does as you are not controlling it correctly?.

Not again:rolleyes: Thats alleged damage, a p1ss is not damage. Am I legally responsible? No. Is the cat legally responsible? No. You're making a mountain out of something that is very minor, go pick on the birds for once :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Quandary wrote: »
    After a quick google here is an extreme example of damage an unmanaged cat did to a neighbours child

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4507250/Cat-attacks-baby-girl-in-cot-leaving-her-needing-17-stitches.html

When I was young we had a rabbit hutch with a family of about 10 rabbits in it. Our neighbours cat managed to kill most of the baby rabbits by clawing them throw the mesh wire.

We have 2 cats which we go from a local shelter and I wouldn't dream of letting them roam outside unsupervised.

Seriously, why some people can't see the need to control and take ultimate responsibility for their cats is pretty startling!

Now google dog attacks against people 0.o

Cats generally remain aloof when humans are concerned. I'd much rather come across an angry cat, more than I'd like to come across an angry pit bull (or other dangerous breed).

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Can't believe this is still purring along, without as much as a paws.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Can't believe this is still purring along, without as much as a paws.

I think We've only scratched the surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

HondaSami wrote: »
    I think We've only scratched the surface.

Curiosity killed the cat:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

Boombastic wrote: »
    Curiosity killed the cat:)

If not dj jarvis will :D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Hi All,
    Just looking for some opinions if you don't mind...Well my gobsh1te Neighbor is at it again....

This time he is putting up a chicken wire fence in the front garden on top of a brick wall to deter our cats from sitting on the wall. Now I understand this is trivial to most, but he has put it up in such a way as to harm the cats, i.e. he did not cut off any sharp ends. And has left them out in order to harm the animals...

Do you think that there is anything that I can do. Maybe report him to the ISPCA for animal cruelty. The fence that he put up is also on top of a 7 foot wall which I am sure is illegal from him to erect in the front of a garden....

I understand that cats can be annoying and cats being cats will wander as we have several local in garden on a daily basis annoying our dog, so I don't need any opinions on the annoyance of cats, just the legality of what he has done....

I can not stand people who leave out bits of the truth or twist the truth to suit their own argument.

Did he put up the wire to deter your cats from sitting on the wall. I think not...
    More like to deter your cats from entering his property which is a completely different matter. Not saying the wire is the right thing to do but if your going to put your side of the story forward do it in a honest way.

Has your neighbour asked you to keep control of your cats because he doesn't like them in his property?

A cat would never chew a passport like a dog would :D
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-20990965

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

I have a cat (Thx to boards rehoming thread) but I don't let her out because of the stray cats that hang around, these cats are so vicious, never seen anything like them. They left many of my neighbours cats for dead, no exaggeration & the noise of them at night :eek:
    Sometimes I feel sorry for my cat stuck in the house & looking out the window all the time :( don't get me wrong she's such a happy lovable cat, she's always playing & bouncing around the place but i'd like to be able to let her out. :confused:After typing the pointless info above I forget the point I was going to make in the first place :confused: Aw well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

Not again:rolleyes: Thats alleged damage, a p1ss is not damage. Am I legally responsible? No. Is the cat legally responsible? No. You're making a mountain out of something that is very minor, go pick on the birds for once :)

Thats a lovely attitude, if you're cat was pooing in my garden, it wouldn't be long before I start leaving it right on your doorstep. I've done it to my neighbour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

He is doing it all wrong. he dose'nt need the wire for the top of the wall. just tell him to lay a few strips of these http://www.halexcorp.com/carpet_tack_strip.gif along the top and there will be no cat problems, simples.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There's a cat that pisses all around my front door. I can smell it coming down the stairs in the morning, when I get to the bottom of the stairs it's even stronger, f**king disgusting.

I've a pain in my arse cleaning the step and spraying the hall trying to cover the smell.
    If I ever happen to find it on my step I'll flick it up, do a few solos and bicycle kick it over the wall.

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    There's a cat that pisses all around my front door. I can smell it coming down the stairs in the morning, when I get to the bottom of the stairs it's even stronger, f**king disgusting.

I've a pain in my arse cleaning the step and spraying the hall trying to cover the smell.
    If I ever happen to find it on my step I'll flick it up, do a few solos and bicycle kick it over the wall.

How do you know its a cat? Could be a dog, rat or your local kid playing a prank.

Advertisement