Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Agreed, and you know what. If it's not my neighbor then it will be some one else, so i am not even bothered about the cats any more because they are far to clever to get injured, but it really is to do with the fact that it looks horrible on top of our wall in the front garden, and i will get the Town Council to remove it....

why would the Town council get involved?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

why would the Town council get involved?

Becasue it is against the law to erect a fence in a front garden over 4 foot high... You need planning permission for it....

megafan wrote: »
    Don't worry folks would guess it's not over yet & we'll be returning to this saga soon!!!!:D

And what makes you think that Megafan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

And what makes you think that Megafan?

His dog might rip up the clemitas and honeysuckle plants or gnaw the trellis, then the war is on:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

We did however have a conversation yesterday morning and we have come to an amicable solution.... And have decided to bring to end our issues with each other :)

As it is now the chicken wire fence has been taken away and because it bothers my neighbour I will put up trellising with climbers going through it to deter the cats sitting on the wall.....
    Cats Rock :)

Becasue it is against the law to erect a fence in a front garden over 4 foot high... You need planning permission for it....

Bit confused you were saying a few post ago neighbours addition to wall need planning premission & now your replacing his wall addition with your own??:confused:

• Advertisement

megafan wrote: »
    Bit confused you were saying a few post ago neighbours addition to wall need planning premission & now your replacing his wall addition with your own??:confused:

After a discussion with him it seems the only way to stop the cats from staying on this part of the wall is to cover it (And covering it in with something nicer looking than a chicken wire fence...)and seeing as we are both in agreement then neither one of us will approach the planning office on it... Don't worry Megafan... I will approach him and wouldn't dream of putting up something without discussing it with him first.... After all it is my neighbour I am trying to consider here....

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

and seeing as we are both in agreement then neither one of us will approach the planning office on it...QUOTE]

You do realise though planning permission my still be needed? otherwise it may be an illegal structure & if so there could still be issues with the council....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Baby it ain't over till its over...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

so you dont want to shoot his dog now ?
    funny old world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

It has nothing to do with not liking cats that make him a Prize Gobsh1te. He is what he is, a bitter old man with nothing better to do....

In all honesty if no one has said it yet, You seem to be the one that sounds like the bitter one with too much time on your hands with noting better to do.

Its a bit of wire, if you were my neighbor id have shot your cats a long time ago and turned them into helicopters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

This took a surprising turn. Glad I forgot to lock it last night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

I have some good news on that front folks....

My neighbour never approached me about putting anything on the wall,ever......

We did however have a conversation yesterday morning and we have come to an amicable solution.... And have decided to bring to end our issues with each other smile.png

If he had approached me I would have done something about it.....

I find that a bit odd.. If he never approached you how did you know he didn't like your cats sitting on the wall?

otto_26 wrote: »

I find that a bit odd.. If he never approached you how did you know he didn't like your cats sitting on the wall?
    Well odd you are then :). He was erecting the fence and I saw him doing it... I approached him and asked him what he was doing... He told me it was to stop the cats sitting there...
    I trust that meets with your approval Otto... Out would you like any more clarification...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Well odd you are then :). He was erecting the fence and I saw him doing it... I approached him and asked him what he was doing... He told me it was to stop the cats sitting there...
    I trust that meets with your approval Otto... Out would you like any more clarification...

HAHA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Take responsibility for your pet.
    Why should he be happy to have your pet around his property?

I'm sorry OP, but this is exactly what I was thinking... The neighbours dog comes in and sh1ts on my drive... It's not a big to me as I'm not hugely interested in maintaining an impeccable garden or anything... But he's gonna be carrying his fkn dog out of my yard in a box one day soon.

You say that the cat was just sitting all the wall, but I presume that the cat roams around his property as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I think the neighbour is right.
    You cant or wont control your animals so he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

So your neighbour isn't a gobsh1te anymore?

Conversation over.... Thanks to everyone :)

Advertisement