Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

aaakev wrote: »
    Not always, they do if there is soft soil or sand around but if there is not like in alot of gardens they dont bury it.
    padi89 wrote: »
    Responsible cat owners provide litter trays.
    Cats **** and piss in a litter tray then they walk all around your house and up on your furniture. Mmmmm that's clean.
    Aye they like to bury it in flower and vegetable gardens digging up valuable bulbs and seeds in the process. Also It's not very nice to go out and pick some spuds to put your hand in cat sh*t especially if you don't own a cat yourself.

Perhaps just provide an small area with soft soil so a cat can do its business? Ya know, its expected in an environment that animals and birds do their deposits in your garden, helping them would limit any damage to your garden.

Either that or build a roof over your garden! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Horrible animals, why would you have a cat in the first place?
    I used to think so as well, but these 2 that we have now are adorable... And they tend to stay indoors most of time playing with our dog who they are best of friends with....

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

your neighbours erection is really causing friction between you both. Maybe you both need to slow down and not get so excited about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

I just don't understand why anyone would grow their own spuds anyway? :L

We always grew our own potatoes and veg, nothing like going into your own garden digging the potatoes for dinner, the first ones are lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

HondaSami wrote: »
    We always grew our own potatoes and veg, nothing like going into your own garden digging the potatoes for dinner, the first ones are lovely.

I knew people grew their own veg but I thought they grew less common things like asparagus and stuff. You learn something new everyday! :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

neighbours used to throw out scraps for local cats and they'd do all their
    shiiting in our garden
    couldn't face eating dinner sometimes after shovling up old manky cat diarrhea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

and i dont understand cat owners " let them roam " piss poor excuse , i know plenty of house cats , they are grand

the ones who keep ****ting in my garden will " go missing " soon enough,
    and to me , the owners who let their cats get into this position were they are going to be shot by disgruntled parents and prop owners are the ones being cruel to their pet - dont want it harmed , keep it in doors

its your fault if it goes missing - no one else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Jesus TittyFucking Christ. Some right miserable sods on AH today.

"Weh ! Weh ! Weh ! ... there's a cat perched on my wall doing fcuk all, and there's one harmlessly passing through my garden. This is unacceptable. Let's set up some death traps". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fucking hell. Are ya's for real ? Are some of you standing at the patio window keeping lookout for wimpy cats all day ? Plenty of wild cats pass through our garden without incident.

Our cat roams the neighbour's gardens and they have no problems. I've even seen them petting him too. Nothing to fortress they're gardens over anyway.
    Try not be miserable all your lives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

My husband had a brief fling with vegetable growing, it was such a load of hassle he didn't bother again. Neither of our cats bothered digging in them. I don't know why neighbours can't just have a bit of give and take. My neighbours have concrete gardens, back and front and yet I've regularly bollocked them when I've caught them take a swing at one of our cats for simply walking along a six foot boundary wall to sit on our shed:confused:

Yet they don't give a damn that they regularly keep us awake til 4am with fricking ceiliís in the fricking kitchen and singing rebel songs. They'd give the reddest of rednecks a serious run for their money and they've never lived in the countryside.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

MaxSteele wrote: »

"Weh ! Weh ! Weh ! ... there's a cat perched on my wall doing fcuk all, and there's one harmlessly passing through my garden. This is unacceptable. Let's set up some death traps". :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fucking hell. Are ya's for real ? Are some of you standing at the patio window keeping lookout for wimpy cats all day ? Plenty of wild cats pass through our garden without incident.

Thats a bit OTT.

Our cat roams the neighbour's gardens and they have no problems. I've even seen them petting him too. Nothing to fortress they're gardens over anyway.

Oh, now it makes sense.

• Advertisement

Thats a bit OTT.

Oh, now it makes sense.

We've only had the cat just over a year. Never had any bother or problems before that with a random cat passing through the garden or sitting on the wall. Honestly would never have thought this many people get in a tizzy over something trivial like this.

well you see there is the answer for you,
    you are having no problems with them, so see no issue

tell ya what , tell me how you feel when you have to keep taking cat and dog ****e off your childrens shoes and clothes and some times the rugs in the house.
    you see it as crazy people ranting against fluffy little cats :mad:

their **** carries REALLY dangerous diseases , some when in contact with the eye , can cause developmental retardation in children
    so dont lecture me for wanting to protect my kids from ****ty little ****er cats

as i said before , if you love your cat , dont let it roam , becasue if it harmed , it will be your fault

diseases ridden little ****ers , if it was any other creature , people would have no hesitation of getting rid of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

M cebee wrote: »
    neighbours used to throw out scraps for local cats and they'd do all their
    shiiting in our garden
    couldn't face eating dinner sometimes after shovling up old manky cat diarrhea
    This is why cat rescues are offering to trap neuter and return cats. When cats are strays or feral they don't get much food and can get tummy problems as a result. The poor cats would rather have a nice warm home and a steady supply of good food than have to struggle to survive on scraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Yes he has.... We had two kittens in 2011 and one of them got in his back garden. He had a terrier at the time (and still has) and he knew the kitten was trapped in an area in the back garden and instead of taking the dog in so the cat could get out, he left the dog there and it killed the cat in the end, when I had to jump the fence at the back and try to save the kitten but it was to late....

So you trespassed on his property? No wonder he's putting up wire.
    I have approached him and he is not a radical person..

Yep, there is nothing radical about wanting to keep other people's scummy animals off your property.

Do you allow people's dogs to hang around in your back garden? :rolleyes:

dj jarvis wrote: »

tell ya what , tell me how you feel when you have to keep taking cat and dog ****e off your childrens shoes and clothes and some times the rugs in the house.

their **** carries REALLY dangerous diseases , some when in contact with the eye , can cause developmental retardation in children
    so dont lecture me for wanting to protect my kids from ****ty little ****er cats

as i said before , if you love your cat , dont let it roam , becasue if it harmed , it will be your fault

diseases ridden little ****ers , if it was any other creature , people would have no hesitation of getting rid of them

Sounds like strays are your problem to me. No toilet training means poo poo in Dj Jarvis' garden. The cat never shiites in our garden or the neighbours (we'd hear about it if he did). He only poos in his tray.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Our cat roams the neighbour's gardens and they have no problems. .

Correction, you presume they have no problems. . Most people will put up with minor annoyances just to get along.
    I've even seen them petting him too.

Maybe they were trying to choke him . . .

Why not supervise your kids so that they don't step in shit?
    Cats and dogs have as much a right to shit as your kids have a right to play.

Sounds like strays are your problem to me. No toilet training means poo poo in Dj Jarvis' garden. The cat never shiites in our garden or the neighbours (we'd hear about it if he did). He only poos in his tray.

LOL - it also will mean poo poo in dj jarvis' garden = unlucky shot kitten
    FINGER LICKING GOOD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The cat never shiites in our garden or the neighbours (we'd hear about it if he did). He only poos in his tray.

Do you check to see if he has skidmarks everytime he returns home from a busy day of roaming ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The cat never shiites in our garden or the neighbours (we'd hear about it if he did).

Must be heavy whoppers.

• Advertisement

they have no right to **** in my garden , full stop
    and supervise kids ???? so i have to go and inspect every inch of MY GARDEN so my 1 1/2 year old can use it ????? dont be a nonce

kids will run and fall as they please , little i can do about that , but ignorant ASSHOLE CAT OWNERS CAN

if the cats are so clever , train the ****er to crap in your garden

you post wins the prize for the most idiotic post this year in AH

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Well not really. people should clean up after their animals, kids have much more rights then cats or dogs. Especially in their own garden.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Do you check to see if he has skidmarks everytime he returns home from a busy day of roaming ?

Hang on I'll check ......

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hang on I'll check ......

Nope.

Clean chop-off.
    Good Kitty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Somebody was asking the other day in After Hours why cats are hated in Ireland, the selfish attitudes of cat owners shown here are exactly why.

they have no right to **** in my garden , full stop
    and supervise kids ???? so i have to go and inspect every inch of MY GARDEN so my 1 1/2 year old can use it ????? dont be a nonce

kids will run and fall as they please , little i can do about that , but ignorant ASSHOLE CAT OWNERS CAN

if the cats are so clever , train the ****er to crap in your garden

you post wins the prize for the most idiotic post this year in AH

But the cat doesn't know it's your garden :L They shit whenever they need to. Not much someone can do if their cat shits in someone elses garden. They're not easily trained.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,875 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

:rolleyes: x 1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

This is mad OP

You've told him to **** off in front of your son.

You've installed ultrasonics to mess with his dogs.

You've let your cat roam loose even though you know he has an issue with it.

You let your cat roam free even though you know he has a dog, and despite the knowledge that that attitude cost your kitten its life.

Your animals have a history of trespassing on his property, but you've convinced yourself that this cat doesn't, and even if they do, it's harmless.

You're calling the local authorities on him because he's trying to keep your cat out of his garden, possibly worried it'll meet the same fate as the kitten,.

There's a long history here, the latest escalation of which includes a desperate man erecting a fence, and their neighbours telling tales instead of taking responsibility

I realise that's a one sided version of the situation, but I didn't think it was fair that you be the only one to have one...

But the cat doesn't know it's your garden :L They shit whenever they need to. Not much someone can do if their cat shits in someone elses garden. They're not easily trained.

dont let them out - simple
    how do you think people living in busy city's and apartment blocks manage ?
    they keep them in.

that is going to be your choice when you get a cat
    i dont own dog or cat for this very reason

people have to clean up after their dogs - so should it be for cats
    you own the cat , not me , keep it away from my garden and kids or ill kick more ****e out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭pawrick

Personal opinion is no cat kept as a pet should be allowed roam (not gonna happen irl) - people who allow it are seldom aware of the problems mostly for the health of their cat and also for the sanity of their neighbours and their pets.

e.g.

We're going to try to trap a cat this week (proper cat trap which will only be outside when one of us is watching it so less chance of harm to the animal + gf has experience in TNR) which we think is owned but no microchip or collar and so far no sign of an owner although we suspect it is owned - it's attacking all the cats in the area and actually sitting outside trying to get in at them when they are indoors! We will have to pay to get it the snip as there are other neighbours who also don't neuter and allow free roam aka don't give a toss about their pets once out of sight. Might try to rehome it once done yet to decide - owner might start paying attention when it's gone missing but it's better then another colony starting off in our area and/or the cat going splat on the road.

Advertisement