Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbor erecting a chicken Wire fence to deter cats

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

efb wrote: »
    I got a cat, cos i couldnt leave a dog locked up 12 hours a day, some of the barking from the caged up dogs in my neighbourhood upsets me. I used to live in the countryside so im used to animals in the outdoors, but my cat is very content with a complete run of my house all day, and v affectionate when I get in.

I wasnt even a cat person before I got him (He was rescued as an abandoned kitten and I rehoused him when he was well enough)

that is the reason why i dont have pets , the very reason
    i work all day , who the **** locks a dog in a small garden all the day?
    cats can stay in all day , no bother , but a dog ? some people just dont care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Toxoplasmosis is the illness caused by dog/cat faeces. Thought you meant your child got an illness. On the other thread - about cat sh1t (:pac:) someone who's a zoologist has written a good but about it. It's far more likely to come from dogs btw; their poo is more toxic according to that poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

dj jarvis wrote: »
    that is the reason why i dont have pets , the very reason
    i work all day , who the **** locks a dog in a small garden all the day?
    cats can stay in all day , no bother , but a dog ? some people just dont care

Dogs can stay in all day as well, people who work do have animals. My dogs are in the house all day and they are very happy.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Toxoplasmosis is the illness caused by dog/cat faeces. Thought you meant your child got an illness. On the other thread - about cat sh1t (:pac:) someone who's a zoologist has written a good but about it. It's far more likely to come from dogs btw; their poo is more toxic according to that poster.

no , never said or implied it was my kids , i said i dont want the risk of mine coming in contact with it.
    cat or dog , im not picky , ill boot them both if they **** in my garden

yet to hear the reason i should endure the points i made in a previous post
    cat owners being very quiet about these kind of questions

HondaSami wrote: »
    Dogs can stay in all day as well, people who work do have animals. My dogs are in the house all day and they are very happy.

but , as has been mentioned , there are plenty of dogs that bark all day , owner in work , dog locked in small back garden , never walked , poor things going nuts

good and bad in all walks , this includes pet owners
    funny all the responsible owners come on shouting blue murder
    but a good number just dont give a **** , well their pets do , plenty , in my garden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

CroMagNon Man, it's simply a case that lots of people love cats for their good points, and having them as pets. The reasons may not seem logical to you but you can't expect them to share your viewpoint and it's definitely out of line to insist that because it's illogical to you it should be illogical to others.

Of course I can, you cant just say "I see it differently so I can do what I like". You must stand by your principles and apply them equally or they are worthless. You cant allow animal cruelty just because it benefits you. Cats torture and kill a lot of other animals. Cats are not necessary to have as pets. Therefore you are responsible for that cruelty.

Do you think it fine for me to let my dog (if I had one) kill cats because I like having my dog and thats what he did ? Or would it suddenly change because you put more worth on the life of a cat than the animals it kills ?

You condemned the cruelty mentioned in relation to cats yet condone the cruelty to other animals simply because it allows you to have a pet cat. Which you enjoy. So essentially your saying human enjoyment supersedes animal cruelty. You're setting the stage for some horrendous acts to be justified here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

no , never said or implied it was my kids , i said i dont want the risk of mine coming in contact with it.
    cat or dog , im not picky , ill boot them both if they **** in my garden

yet to hear the reason i should endure the points i made in a previous post
    cat owners being very quiet about these kind of questions

All night i've seen you quote your garden. Is it a case of your laziness in picking up the droppings? Its not that hard, just takes a minute of your time. This affects not just cat/dog droppings but bird and rat droppings too, just make sure your garden is clean before letting your child out.

but , as has been mentioned , there are plenty of dogs that bark all day , owner in work , dog locked in small back garden , never walked , poor things going nuts

good and bad in all walks , this includes pet owners
    funny all the responsible owners come on shouting blue murder
    but a good number just dont give a **** , well their pets do , plenty , in my garden

Dogs and cats poo in other peoples gardens, fact of life. Owners should be responsible but if my neighbours cat comes into my garden during the night there is feck all i can do about it.

My dogs do not poo in other peoples gardens because they cannot get out of my garden and I would not give them the habit of going on the road unless im walking them, then they can poo freely, no i don't pick it up.

Dogs do come into my garden when my dogs are in heat and that is very annoying but i cant ask my neighbours to keep their dogs in because mine are in heat.

gurramok wrote: »
    All night i've seen you quote your garden. Is it a case of your laziness in picking up the droppings? Its not that hard, just takes a minute of your time. This affects not just cat/dog droppings but bird and rat droppings too, just make sure your garden is clean before letting your child out.

no way , why should i have to pick up someone else pets **** , are you mental ?
    do you go around pick up other dog **** ? why should i , on my own prop
    you do it , its yours , and if you dont then your beloved pet will get a good solid boot up the hole

your pet , you clean up after it , what planet do you live on

also , bird poo is not dangerous , and i dont have rats so , your point is what ?
    other peoples animals are allowed crap in my garden ? not on your life

Dogs and cats poo in other peoples gardens, fact of life. Owners should be responsible but if my neighbours cat comes into my garden during the night there is feck all i can do about it.

My dogs do not poo in other peoples gardens because they cannot get out of my garden and I would not give them the habit of going on the road unless im walking them, then they can poo freely, no i don't pick it up.

Dogs do come into my garden when my dogs are in heat and that is very annoying but i cant ask my neighbours to keep their dogs in because mine are in heat.

true , but there is plenty you neighbors can do about it , keeping them in or training them would help. as other posters have said , it can be done
    why do cat owners feel these common sense rules dont apply to them

i dont own a cat , i should not have to pick up its **** in my garden
    this can not be justified

and another thing , you said dogs and cats pooing is just a fact of life , but yours does not do it ? so its not a fact of life , its just ignorant and laziness

• Advertisement

no way , why should i have to pick up someone else pets **** , are you mental ?
    do you go around pick up other dog **** ? why should i , on my own prop
    you do it , its yours , and if you dont then your beloved pet will get a good solid boot up the hole

your pet , you clean up after it , what planet do you live on

also , bird poo is not dangerous , and i dont have rats so , your point is what ?
    other peoples animals are allowed crap in my garden ? not on your life

Do you not scour your garden for broken glass/dangerous objects before you let your kids out? Its common sense and as i said earlier its expected to find animal\rat\bird poo in your garden at any time, its just how nature works.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fair play to your neighbour op, I hate cats in the garden. At least a couple of cat owners on this thread are responsible, but most couldn't give a rats ass.

true , but there is plenty you neighbors can do about it , keeping them in or training them would help. as other posters have said , it can be done
    why do cat owners feel these common sense rules dont apply to them

i dont own a cat , i should not have to pick up its **** in my garden
    this can not be justified

I clean up my own garden, would not dream of asking my neighbours to do it. I know some people have house cats but other's don't.

I don't particularly like cats as a pet which is why it's always outside sitting on the window, it's there to catch mice, never let the cat in the house, it rambles for sure but comes home for tea.

Do you not scour your garden for broken glass/dangerous objects before you let your kids out? Its common sense and as i said earlier its expected to find animal\rat\bird poo in your garden at any time, its just how nature works.

no i don't look for broken glass , people dont sneak in the middle of the night and break bottles in my garden , i know nothing dangerous is in my garden , other rthan the **** left by my neighbors pets

your post is just lazy , avoiding the duty of care from pet owners
    dont come moaning to me when you cat walks funny , after i catch it crapping in my garden

the ONLY **** i find in my garden is produced by one of my neighbors pets
    and im still waiting for a good reason why i should pick up your pets ****
    and dont give me this crap , its natural , if that is the case why is there laws against dogs doing it in public ? but its ok in my garden where my kids play

go cop yourself on

no i don't look for broken glass , people dont sneak in the middle of the night and break bottles in my garden , i know nothing dangerous is in my garden , other rthan the **** left by my neighbors pets

your post is just lazy , avoiding the duty of care from pet owners
    dont come moaning to me when you cat walks funny , after i catch it crapping in my garden

the ONLY **** i find in my garden is produced by one of my neighbors pets
    and im still waiting for a good reason why i should pick up your pets ****
    and dont give me this crap , its natural , if that is the case why is there laws against dogs doing it in public ? but its ok in my garden where my kids play

go cop yourself on

Your back garden is not public, its private so no law applies!

For example when you lawnmower the garden, you have to check for stones/debris on the grass before you cut it. Same applies for when you have to let your kids out, check to make sure its safe as your the responsible adult.

There is no need to hurt the cat, scare it yes but hurting it is a criminal offence. I dunno but maybe you should start enclosing your garden in case any uninvited guests drop their drops in, seems logical.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

anyone who hates cats is a moron , end of story .

and bird crap is WAYYYY more dangerous than cat poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Tell that to the animals that cats have made extinct. Lets not pussy foot around the real issues here

Humans put the greatest pressure on the ecosystem and are by far the most destructive creature on the planet. Large numbers of cats are a by-product of large numbers of humans and large numbers of rodents feeding on human waste. It's hardly the cats' fault.
    A cat would kill/eat you and your entire family given half a chance.

Not sure if joke or just a nonsense opinion.

Yes, if a domesticated cat and was a hungry wild Tiger it might eat you.

What I can't fathom is the way there's such a rash of "bad-ass" boasts and backslapping here re cruelty to them... by people who pretend to care about birds (not referring to you).

Cat haters. A strange breed. Especially people who hate cats and love dogs. Imo a lot of it is control-freakery and neediness. They like the slave-and-master relationship of man and dog and like to feel that they're needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

That's the other thing, cat owners letting cats roam are letting them breed twice a year, many of which will turn into more stray cats.

At least neuter the bloody thing first.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Your back garden is not public, its private so no law applies!

For example when you lawnmower the garden, you have to check for stones/debris on the grass before you cut it. Same applies for when you have to let your kids out, check to make sure its safe as your the responsible adult.

There is no need to hurt the cat, scare it yes but hurting it is a criminal offence. I dunno but maybe you should start enclosing your garden in case any uninvited guests drop their drops in, seems logical.

Yeah like a plastic roof? And watch out for slug and snail slime, that's toxic to humans aswel.

Of course you don't like cats poo but its just a fact of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Unfortunately this thread has just shown that cruelty to animals is tolerated in Ireland, unlike in other civilised countries where it would not be acceptable.

I find it odd that parents think it is okay to abuse cats because they feel they may cause illness to their children by trespassing in their garden. What sort of example does this give to their children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cat haters. A strange breed.

I think most people couldn't give a rats ass about the actual cats, it's the cat shít they actually hate.
    I mean, my neighbour 2 doors down is grand, he keeps to himself. But if he strolled down to my house every evening and took a dump in my front garden I wouldn't like him very much.

Of course you don't like cats poo but its just a fact of life.

Yeah. There was uproar in the cat community when wheelie bins were introduced. No more slicing a black bag open for a scrumptious chicken carcass.

They just just 'dealt with it' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

alphabeat wrote: »
    anyone who hates cats is a moron , end of story .
    Yeah that makes sense
    We're all morons guys he's cracked the code
    I don't trust cats
    Evil sly deceitful ba5tards and as such if a cat owner trusts his cat then they too are evil sly deceitful ba5tards

alphabeat wrote: »
    anyone who hates cats is a moron

Evil sly deceitful ba5tards and as such if a cat owner trusts his cat then they too are evil sly deceitful ba5tards

Talk about making his point for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Good one ...................?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

If im not mistaken, you can easily buy pet mice and rats at a pet store. If i was you id buy loads of them and f**k them into his garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 graineog

in america they denail them that stops them climbing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

My parents dog has killed 2 cats that has come in to my parents garden. My mother rang me one night crying after she went out to put rubbish in the bin and the cat jumped from off the bin to be killed by the dog. I had to call to my parents house at 11 o`clock at night to take the cat off the dog. My mother was in a bits over it. If I knew who owned the cat they`d have gotten its carrion in the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So cat owners, do you let your cats wander out at night?

You dream happily after drinking a bottle of floor polish, all the while your cat is out inseminating and shagging all around him.

Dirty baxtards, dreaming of cats pro-creating. Damn them to Hell.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

graineog wrote: »
    in america they denail them that stops them climbing

Really? Is that a joke?

Advertisement