Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei E586 Modem

• 09-01-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I have a Huawei E586 modem which can supply up to 5 devices wirelessly on the 3 network, My question is if i bring that modem to Spain and insert a spanish sim , will it work ?

Any info greatly appreciated:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

I'd put money on it not working with a SIM from another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

hi its very easy to unlock the modem then you can put any sim you wish into it. You will just need stop using the Three connect software and use a universal one. Then you will be sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

If you remember to a few years back when they were selling phones and advertised the feature tri-band quad-band etc. You need to make sure the mobile phone band is the same in spain as in Ireland. Although I think it is!
    As mentioned above you will need to update the firmware on it and unlock it!

Advertisement