Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

catweazle wrote: »
    Ye Limerick guys are all sandbaggers - was BennyMul targeting a sub 14 Ironman at one stage

Yeah I was targeting that myself once upon a time - oh the naivety :rolleyes:

I resemble that remark :D (what's the opposite of a sandbagger? let's be polite and just call me an optimist! )

Trig1 - its a good solid challenge of a course. A bay swim which could go right or wrong depending on the turn of the tide and/or rainfall and one's ability. A decent cycle surface with 2 long hills and a bit of technical descending from one. A relatively flat out and back run but with some up/down sections to test you at the stage of the day. A good day out if you keep it between the ditches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Triathlon Ireland's and irishtriathlon.com both have this race listed as being on the 14th September, but I can't see anything on Cork Tri's site.
    I'm hoping against hope probably, but does anyone know for sure if this is indeed the date the race is taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

I'm hoping its that weekend too as I already booked time off work and booked a hotel

Provisional dates for race registration......

The Lost Sheep – Middle Distance – Kenmare
    May 8th 8:00 am & May 22nd 8:00 pm

Registration opening this morning at 8am lads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Trig1 wrote: »
    Registration opening this morning at 8am lads...

Find a link to registration? Site loops you around TI and back to corktri. Is it an Active.com or TI entry system, anyone know?

Open on Triathlon Ireland website.

I'm in. That's my three goal races entered for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

TI entry. Opened bang on 8 bells. Hope you got in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

I'm in.
    Now I just have to learn how to swim all over again :eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

I got it too.

Better get the finger out now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

how much is it lads ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

€95. Which I thought was very reasonable.

First race of that distance though so no expereince of other prices

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jungle jim

booked up this morning, looking forward to it now. first race at the distance and from reading reports gonna have to get a lot of hill training in for the cycle and run. anyone know of any decent training plans for half distance, don't want to amble along aimlessly like i usually do, would prefer to follow a structured plan.

Any1 know how many entries are allowed in total for this and will the next wave sell out as fast, missed it this morn as there was something wrong with my credit card..will be eagerly awaiting next wave of entries on 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cayo

350 places according to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

I'm in, thanks to RedBs searing pace in front of a PC:)

Any suggestions for B&B type spots for the race?

Move quick on accomodation as places are filling fast.

I've just booked Foley's Guesthouse right beside the bay. The family will be down for a weekend of it so booked a family room. Originally thought of a holdiday home for a long weekend break or something and share with another family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Move quick on accomodation as places are filling fast.

I've just booked Foley's Guesthouse right beside the bay. The family will be down for a weekend of it so booked a family room. Originally thought of a holdiday home for a long weekend break or something and share with another family.

Cheers AKW - Foley's were looking for a 2 day minimum, so I went with a spot in town for the moment.

Just a word to the wise, amateur mistake, I booked on booking.com for the 'last room left' before checking the website directly. €20 cheaper going direct and got the same room, so check the websites of the place you are interested in folks.

Booked direct and cancelled booking.com. (No charge)

I've already booked Davitt's, all I need now is an entry for the race :D

• Advertisement

Just got uo early to enter the lost sheep but entry has changed to the 5th June...why oh why!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

it hasn't changed the second batch of entries is being released on that date, the first batch is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SucCes09

Same as - had it set on my phone from a couple of weeks back... And I'm on holiday when it's open now.... :mad:

FCUK!!!!
    Was looking forward to this, but can't do it now as it clashes with something else :-(

http://www.corktri.com/2013/06/04/change-of-date-for-the-kenmare-lost-sheep-triathlon/

Cayo wrote: »
    FCUK!!!!
    Was looking forward to this, but can't do it now as it clashes with something else :-(

http://www.corktri.com/2013/06/04/change-of-date-for-the-kenmare-lost-sheep-triathlon/

Funnily enough I was in the process of cancelling / selling on my entry as the following weekend (weekend of the original race) is the ITU age group worlds in London.

While the 7th is a better date for me, it would have been nice to get an email from the organisers as accomodation now needs to be re-sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

how long has the new date been set?
    Disappointing not to have received an email about it alright

I was just double checking when the second round of entries is due to open up, date has been updated there.

Disappointing to hear those already registered didn't get an email as I would have thought that would be a given.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

Funnily enough I was in the process of cancelling / selling on my entry as the following weekend (weekend of the original race) is the ITU age group worlds in London.

While the 7th is a better date for me, it would have been nice to get an email from the organisers as accomodation now needs to be re-sorted.

Backdoor bragging?:)

Nwm2 wrote: »
    Backdoor bragging?:)

No, no, the wife qualified, I didn't !

(Good call out though :) )

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Wasn't sure whether to enter this or not...weekend of the 7th doesn't really suit as I was planning a different race that weekend and working during all the other HIM's...hmmm....

Advertisement