Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Sheep 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

V disappointed to just see an email about the change in dates :-( I'm out now as it's the brothers wedding on the new date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

RedB wrote: »
    V disappointed to just see an email about the change in dates :-( I'm out now as it's the brothers wedding on the new date

I'm out too - no way I can bail on Brittas the week before:mad:

Bollox!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Yep, got email this evening, and after discussion I'm also out. Looks like Humbert is now my A race this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

RedB wrote: »

Oh the irony. My brother's wedding clashes with the original date, so i didn't enter.

Would you be looking to sell on your entry by any chance?:)

Actually entered online a few minutes ago. I didn't realise there were still more places when I posted originally.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Guess this means there'll be entries going spare and I don't need to rush a decision so :)

New date is my birthday weekend so was going to go to the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Guess this means there'll be entries going spare and I don't need to rush a decision so :)

New date is my birthday weekend so was going to go to the UK.

Email asked people to make a decision on cancellation etc before the next wave of entries go live so they'll know how many extra are available. I wouldn't sit on the fence too long making a decision!

(PS my entry is for sale / exchange / refund)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Just entered there now - second batch of entries now online. That's the next three months decided for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

entry now open again for the 7th sept...date actually suits me as I now dont need to take any time off work for it ... anyway i'm in ;0)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 omorrissy

If there are any entries going for this, I'm looking for one!

Disappointed you wont be there Sean- could have been an AK showdown ;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Looking for an entry for Sept 7th if any going a begging - as missed the 2nd entry window also :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JBaugh

Hi - I too am looking for a lost sheep entry if anybody now has one spare....

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Anyone any details on the changed swim & run routes?
    Cork-tri website refers to these changes but gives no maps or anything
    Any sign of a race briefing?

Suffering the standard "needmoredetail-itis" ahead of my first HIM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

j0hn1 wrote: »
    Anyone any details on the changed swim & run routes?
    Cork-tri website refers to these changes but gives no maps or anything
    Any sign of a race briefing?

Suffering the standard "needmoredetail-itis" ahead of my first HIM :)

Email due out this week with some info (hopefully course related) and early next week for race briefing.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Casula

Bike course: TT or road bike? Have some mates who think a road bike might suit better. Any views?

Casula wrote: »
    Bike course: TT or road bike? Have some mates who think a road bike might suit better. Any views?

Asked every year and a resounding TT answer.

All of top 10 will be on TT bike.

Leave your mates to their roadies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭bombidal

Depends on your level but if you have a tt bike I would use it. I did it on the road bike last year but am using tt this year. Was probably a mistake to use road bike year but not a huge one by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

What nutrition would you advise for this distance. In an olympic I would take two gels. one on the bike and one on the run. Worked fine for me in Kilkee this year.

Fair old lineup of talent at the top of the field:

"The quality of the field is once again superb with top class men and women attracted to this tough, yet fair race. The 1.9km swim in Kenmare bay is followed by an 80km technical bike loop through both Cork and Kerry. There is nowhere to hide on the scenic bike course with two category one climbs and a category two climb. Once off the bike, an undulating and testing 21km run course awaits. Only the strongest will emerge victorious.

Who will cross the line first remains to be seen. In the men's field, previous winner, Owen Cummins returns to try and repeat his 2011 victory. He will face tough opposition from among others- the evergreen Trevor Woods. Middle distance champion Niall Somers, über biker Bryan McCrystal, Gotri's David Richardson, Ian Farrell from Pulse and Mark Nolan on his return from Europe will also be in the mix.

Other notable contenders include James Curran (formerly of CTC), Eric Wolfe (CTC), Michael Buckley (CTC), Mariusz Olenjnuczak (Naas TC), Charles Maltha, Noel Kavanagh (Wicklow TC), Tim Mahoney (Midleton TC), Ross Higgins (Limerick TC) and last but not least the relentless Shane Scadding of Waterford TC. It is sure to be an intriguing contest.

In the women's field, previous Ironman distance record holder Joyce Wolfe returns to reclaim the title, having taken last year out. She will face stiff opposition from her sister and ETU/ITU athlete Amy Wolfe. Rachel Glendon, national Olympic distance champion, Katie Cooke, national sprint distance champion, Maire Triona Keane, Caoimhe Ni Mhurchu, Louise Keane, Aileen Flynn and the youngest of the Wolfe pack, Lorna will also be trying hard for a podium placing"

bopperr wrote: »
    What nutrition would you advise for this distance. In an olympic I would take two gels. one on the bike and one on the run. Worked fine for me in Kilkee this year.

I'll be taking:

Bike Leg - 2 gels, 1 banana, 1 bottle energy drink, some jellies

T2 - quick pull on energy drink

Run - 1 gel, , energy drink

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

What do ye tend to do for socks?

Olympic distance with no socks is no bother, but not sure about HIM

This is my first crack at this distance so would appreciate any feedback others might have

Also, lock laces or regular laces?

Thanks

(BTW I'm thinking no socks and lock laces)

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

This is my first crack at this distance so would appreciate any feedback others might have

Thanks

Risk v Reward

No socks save a few seconds but risk blisters can ruin your day!!
    How much do you want those few seconds?
    Same goes for laces.
    Everyone has different priorities.

Thanks

Very rare that a half is decided by the 5secs it takes to put on socks.
    more likely decided by ensuring run is as best it could be.

socks with lock laces for me.

Bike - 1-1.5 bar and mixture of 3 x gels and water.

Run - 1 gel sometimes 2.

Not a science per say its very individual and a case of trial and error.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bopperr

Just cycled the run course. Different to previous years. Not going to sugar coat it. Very very tough. Would be a hard bike course for a sprint!

Just cycled the run course. Different to previous years. Not going to sugar coat it. Very very tough. Would be a hard bike course for a sprint!

Just drove it.
    Couldn't agree more. Has a nasty bite to it...

Here's hoping legs dont pack in :)

Theres a sharp hill around 17km. Sharp as in you will want to walk it probably!

Hard hard course. You won't win it on one discipline that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Seems that McCrystal won the men's despite a 5 min penalty in T2 for crossing the dismount line (told this by the timing guys so if not true blame them :))

Joyce Wolfe won the women's.

A great if very wet day out. Kudos to Cork Tri Club for an all round great event.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Any results up anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Jupiter36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

griffin100 wrote: »
    Seems that McCrystal won the men's despite a 5 min penalty in T2 for crossing the dismount line (told this by the timing guys so if not true blame them :))

Joyce Wolfe won the women's.

A great if very wet day out. Kudos to Cork Tri Club for an all round great event.

A 5 min penalty for crossing t2 line... Surely only a 30 sec infraction ?

Advertisement