Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer Banana - Spotlight is on you

• 09-01-2013 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Killer Banana, where were you on the night of November 9th?

In the spotlight, that's where!

Questioners, unleash your queries!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Who are you?

Why the username?

How many tatts do you have?

Which is your favourite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Do many artists in Ireland use vegan ink?

Have all your tattoos been done using vegan ink?

Sorry if I've made a huge mistake and you're not the person on this forum who gets tattooed with vegan ink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Anything you want done?

Favourite artist?

Money no object, what do you want done and who by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is this you?

mod_article3070195_1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

That looks like something PKM would have tattooed on him :p

That looks like something PKM would have tattooed on him :p

Feckin' wise-ass!!! LOL :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Orim wrote: »

Yes I do, they're my favourite drink. Not so keen on the song though. :P
    Who are you?

Why the username?

How many tatts do you have?

Which is your favourite?

An old joke with a friend which is no longer funny but I'm not becoming a subscriber to change it. :P

Only the one at the moment but I'm definietely getting more. What I have so far is this
    killer_banana_tattoo.jpg
    Can a mod edit the image so it's not giant, can't figure out how to do it. ThanksI'm hoping to get another soon from Joe Deegan. Was originally planning to get it today since I'd be in Dublin anyway but then he moved studios and I decided I'd rather go directly home and sort it out from here. The idea is a visualisation of the quote 'You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me'. So far don't prefer one over the other but then one still doesn't exist. :P
    Do many artists in Ireland use vegan ink?

Have all your tattoos been done using vegan ink?

Sorry if I've made a huge mistake and you're not the person on this forum who gets tattooed with vegan ink.

Only one I know of is Joe Deegan. If anyone knows of any others please let me know. I've heard some artists will use it if you buy the ink yourself but a lot don't like using an ink they're unfamiliar with (which is fair enough).

My tattoo is not done with vegan ink. I wasn't as concerned with it at the time (although I was aware of it). As long as any future tattoos I get are vegan I don't mind that one isn't if that makes sense.
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Anything you want done?

Favourite artist?

Money no object, what do you want done and who by?

Well as I said before the piece I'm planning to get done by Joe. I also love the idea of a piece stretching from my ankle to my ribs but don't know what the piece would be. I also like sugar skulls but not sure if I like them enough to get one. I want to get a remembrance piece for my Granny but still cannot think of a design.

I fell like compared to the rest of ye I do not knwo that many artists. I like Angus in AWOL and can't recommend him enough. I adore Karen Russel's work, especially her use of colour. I like a lot of Remis's stuff. I like Joe Deegan's work (if you havne't guessed) especially his colour tattoos. I also think it's admirable how versatile he is.
    Is this you?

mod_article3070195_1.gif
    Yeah that's more or less what I look like. :P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Vegan Ink.

Intenze do a range that supposed to be as close to "normal" inks as you can get.

http://www.intenzeproducts.eu/intenze-tattoo-ink-university/intenze-tattoo-ink-vegan-friendly-information

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Why is this a sticky? Am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a fun community thing.

bubblebery wrote: »
    Why is this a sticky? Am I missing something?

It's just a bit of fun so all everyone can get to know each other. It's stickied for a week or two so everyone sees it.

Sign up thread is here : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055637857

On-topic:
    Do you not think you're a bit crazy for being a vegan? :P

I like that tea/book quote. Who said it?

Any piercings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

Favourite music?

Favourite film?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?

On-topic:
    Do you not think you're a bit crazy for being a vegan? :P

I like that tea/book quote. Who said it?

Any piercings?

I'm only vegetarian atm, I am working towards veganism though. I'm not full on against eating meat and animal products. I don't think it's strictly necessary but it's more to do with the way they're treated and farmed that I'm against. I've been using vegan cosmetics and the like for quite some time because I don't believe animals suffering so someone can look pretty is ever justified and never has been.

C.S Lewis. I like the quote but not into text tattoos which is why I want a representation of it rather than just the quote.

Only ears but hoping to pierce my tongue soon but might have a job interview this week and don't want to lisp my way through it so waiting till that's over. I want to pierce my lip, nose, eyebrow (horizontally) and maybe get some more ear piercings but I'm studying hotel and catering and hospitality is not a very body mod friendly industry.
    Favourite music?

Favourite film?

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?

I listen to a bit of everything and my favourite genre/band etc. differs from minute to minute. Listening to a lot of Kate Nash lately since for whatever reason she seems to help me write.

Another difficult question. Ones I've seen recently and liked were Dark Knight Rises and Penelope.

I tried typing this out but it became less of a list of places I want to go and more just a list of every country I coul think of. I was never out of the country until this June when I went for six months on work left placement to Lanzarote (only back home since yesterday) and after that my interest in travel has peaked. I'm quite interested in Spanish and Hispanic culture so I guess mainland Spain and Latin America but I also want to see more of Europe and some of Asia and America as well. I just like seeing new things and meeting new people in general and like learning about new culture. I'm partial to sunny climates despite being about as tan as milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Best and worst concert you were ever at?

Drink of choice?

Would you do a sky dive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Ant Hobbies/ Interests???

Best and worst concert you were ever at?

Drink of choice?

Would you do a sky dive?

I've never been to any concerts I didn't enjoy. Best is a tough one but I'm going to go with Ed Sheeran in the Roisín just because he's a brilliant performer and I was lucky to see him in such a small venue. He'll never play there again.

I drank quite a lot of Cava in Lanzarote but it's a lot cheaper there. I Corona and Budwieser and Kopparburg berry if I feel like something sweet. I like Captain Morgan and coke but I'm a lightweight so I can't drink too much of it.

Hell yes! It's something I've wanted to do for ages. I'm a wimp when it comes to heights but I adore the feeling of an adrenaline rush.
    gregers85 wrote: »
    Ant Hobbies/ Interests???

Drinking, smoking and fighting. :p

My biggest passion in life is writing. I've written since I was eight years old and can't imagine my life without it. Hope to get published some day but I really need to cop on and discipline myself if that's ever going to happen.

Other than that I like to read and listen to music and just spend time with friends. I'd love to learn an instrument but I've never gotten around to it. I'm not sure if I'd be able to motivate myself to put in the necessary hours to practice. I like to sing but I can't carry a tune to safe my life. I think Roller Derby looks fun and if I can find the funds for a Fresh Meat Pack I might join the Galway team. I do really need to get in shape...

Since you like the idea of a adrenaline rush what have you done to get the adrenaline pumping?

What would be your favorite book?

Since you like writing what genre do you like to write in most?

Setting aside the career issue, do you think you would ever any of the more extreme body mods? Implants, scarification, stuff that involves surgery?

Have you ever met anyone famous?

If you could sit around a table and have dinner with 5 celebs at the same time, who would it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Do you like bananas?

If so, which do you prefer?
    - banana split
    - banana bread
    - BANANA BREAD BEER!!!
    - banana solo :)

In regards writing, do you like Shakespeare? Do you think it's become too outdated to teach in schools for part of a state exam?

Dogs or cats?

Did somebody eat you?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

LOL

Just look at the ad that was in Killer B's Well post tonight

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/3858862999647446346

Since you like the idea of a adrenaline rush what have you done to get the adrenaline pumping?

What would be your favorite book?

Since you like writing what genre do you like to write in most?

Ah nothing interesting. I'm afraid of heights so climbing a fecking ladder is sufficient to get it going for me. :P I tried to go absailing once, the climb was scary...didn't manage to absail tohugh. I was only twelve at the time.

I couldn't pick one, I couldn't even pick a genre. I think my favourite book I read last year thought would have been the Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Crying on a bus is awkward...

Contemporary young adult although been consdiering writing something fantasy related recently.
    Setting aside the career issue, do you think you would ever any of the more extreme body mods? Implants, scarification, stuff that involves surgery?

I do think scarfication can look quite cool but don't know if I could take the pain. Also I'd say aftercare is a bitch. I suppose if I found a piece I felt had to be done I'd go for it.
    Have you ever met anyone famous?

If you could sit around a table and have dinner with 5 celebs at the same time, who would it be?

Met Jimmy Carr at a signing after one of his shows. He is actually really sweet. My then girlfriend froze up which I said something about and he was really nice and made sure she was okay.

Hmmm...Author and vlogger John Green because he has an interesting mind which would mean good conversation. Gordon Ramsay because although he's an arsehole I find him interesting and admire him. Don't ask me why since, as I already said, he's a bit of an arsehole. Comedian Russell Howard 'cause at least then there's one guaranteed funny person there (and my other favourite comedians I've seen live) and...um...I can't think of anyone else I'd like to have dinner with. I'm not too into celebrities. I was going to say Alex Day but I feel he doesn't really count as a celebrity...
    FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Do you like bananas?

If so, which do you prefer?
    - banana split
    - banana bread
    - BANANA BREAD BEER!!!
    - banana solo :)

In regards writing, do you like Shakespeare? Do you think it's become too outdated to teach in schools for part of a state exam?

Dogs or cats?

I do. I've never had banana bread or banana bread beer but both sound really good! Out of the ones I've tried I'd go with banana solo. I tried bananas in my porridge this morning which was very nice.

I do like Shakespeare very much. I'm not sure because I do feel if you try to understand it it's not all that hard but then a lot of people just cannot be arsed trying to udnerstand it and just complain it's impossible. Well that's how I saw when I was in school but then maybe I'm being a snob and it was genuinely hard for them, I don't know, I was a bit up myself as a teen. I think the teacher plays a big part in it too because I remember when I did Romeo and Juliet for leaving cert we had a very good teacher who got us all interested, including those who'd normally write Shakespeare off as boring. Then in leaving cert I had a different teacher who wasn't necessarily bad but I don't think she was as good at making it seem like a really interesting topic. Although we were studying King Lear which in fairness is pretty rubbish.

I like both but I think cats suits me better in the sense they can look after themselves and I'm a bit lazy. :p
    Did somebody eat you?

First week back at college and catching up with friends ate a lot my time. :P
    murfinho wrote: »
    LOL

Just look at the ad that was in Killer B's Well post tonight

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/3858862999647446346

I hope it's not some sort of sign. :eek:

Do you read the threads in the Prison forum on Boards? If so, do you find them amusing?

Do you read the threads in the Prison forum on Boards? If so, do you find them amusing?

I never knew about it till now. So far haven't found anything all that funny really but maybe it's a slow week. :p

Edit: There is someone called Slappy P who's trying really hard to be funny and failing miserably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fanki na pengin

There are some amazing ones with Gordon. He's so good at baiting.

Any idea were your fear of heights comes from?

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing with you what would it be?

Do you have any pet hates?

Any idea were your fear of heights comes from?

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take one thing with you what would it be?

Do you have any pet hates?

I'm not sure. I remember I fell of a char I was standing on when I was about two. I don't feel it was particularly traumatizing but maybe me remembering it means it was.

Well electronic devices are pointless. I want to say a good book but then what book is another thing. Can I bring another person? For company and...um...other things. :p

Attention seeking people, people who think shy and introverted mean the same thing, this country's weather, sitting at a bus stop for about twenty minutes every time, stereotypes. Just a few off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Jesus you must be getting awfully damp and scared down there in the well by now are ya?:)

Who is the most inspiring person you have ever met?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement