Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollister Scam

Options
  • 09-01-2013 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all,
    My brother recently tryed purchasing hollister clothes on a website.. He payed using a debit card, but got no receipt and was ignored when he emailed them. he ordered off http://www.hollistersireland.com/ he used the sight queries section and got a badly grammered email back off cindyonlineservice@hotmail.com. It was a present so i only found out today, but i realised it was a scam immediately, the cindy email address is linked to ray ban, ghd and other scam websites. I know its a scam 100%. But what do i do now. Can i get a refund. I am worried as they have the details and could use the card to make other payments. Anyone who has previous experiance with something like this help. I know the product is out of question but some sort of refund would help. should i cancel the debit card.
    Thanks
    Prodigy38

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

I thought this thread was about the morons who queue outside the Hollister store in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

He should cancel the card with the issuer immediately.

It's unlikely the site will refund him, obviously. He probably won't have much comeback via the card issuer as he willingly provided the details without doing research.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

if he does receive anything it will most likely be a knock off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Prodigy38

Thanks guys,I canceled the card, no money was taken out.. I dont think the transaction went through. I found out the payment brought him through Moneybrace as a payment gateway and it said connecting to bank. It wanted him to wait 15 minutes but he didnt. Anyone know the story with moneybrace.com? the email keeps stringing us along saying, we had a wrong phone number and now they are shipping.. why would they bother doing that.. Does it mean they have no money or is it they are waiting to take a bigger amount??? thanks again.

Just thought i would let all know, That the clothes did actually come in the end. They arent real they are fake but they are hard to tell the differance. But turns out the sight worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Prodigy38 wrote: »
    Just thought i would let all know, That the clothes did actually come in the end. They arent real they are fake but they are hard to tell the differance. But turns out the sight worked.

Did they take any money?

They just took the proper amount, because i had cancelled the card. I still wouldnt recommend ordering from it for safetey. But i got the clothes for the price agreed on the website.

Advertisement