Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Router Required

• 09-01-2013 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Using UPC Broadband in the house with a cable in use for internet, not ideal.
    Need a wireless router, dont know much about these.

Any advice on where is best place to get them and what spec's would I need for 25mb speed?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Tks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

I picked up a TP Link N300 wireless router in Harvey Norman for €40 last weekend for the exact same purpose for the inlaws and it's speed is up to 150mb, so more than enough for your purposes.

It was easy to set up and seems to do the job fine although I cant vouch for how far the signal reaches, quality, etc as I only used it during the setup.

Just make sure whatever router you get is not a combined modem/router as all you need is the wireless router if you have a cable modem already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Can't fault the tp-links they're not the prettiest of routers but they're robust and have a nice bunch of features... for the price you can't go wrong

The signal is quite good. I have it going through a few walls about 20m away and no worries even works a lot further with no obstructions

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭halfback5

why not try home plugs?

Advertisement