Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Conlon (Guildford Four) demands release of Marian Price

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

junder wrote: »
    Micheal stone has bad arthritis, crippled by it by all accounts, I wonder if those so concerned by the plight of prisoners will be calling for his realise ?
    Marian Price held a piece of paper, what did he do again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

GRMA wrote: »
    Marian Price held a piece of paper, what did he do again?

Made a fool of himself, but I thought this was about the conditions prisoners are kept in? Sure price only held a peice of paper but lets not forget who she was holding it for. Price clearly breached her licence conditions, she lost her licence, Job jobbed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭round tower huntsman

the brits have reverted to type on the marian price debacle, dogmatic,vindictive and cruel. they use the gaol to try and break republicans but as usual they get it soooo wrong. the treatment of marian,especially now after her sisters death makes it quite clear that there is no such thing as british justice in ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

Marian was released briefly this morning to pay her last respects to her sister. She's back in hospital again now. To get even this was a massive battle, she was initially denied compassionate release.

Marian is too sick to attend her sisters funeral tomorrow.

That in mind I think its clear that she is no danger to anyone - if she cant attend the funeral of her sister who she was extremely close to then what possible danger can she pose. She should be released immediately on humanitarian grounds.

And Ian Brady, Michael Sutcliffe while they are it

Made a fool of himself, but I thought this was about the conditions prisoners are kept in? Sure price only held a peice of paper but lets not forget who she was holding it for. Price clearly breached her licence conditions, she lost her licence, Job jobbed
    Even if she was on license, she wasn't told she was and didn't know of any conditions. Hardly fair is it?

"Made a fool of himself" is hardly the whole story is it? Michael Stone did not just have his license revoked. He was arrested for and convicted of (sentenced to 16 years) for attempting to murder Gerry Adams and MMG after he tried to storm Stormont with nail bombs, knives etc.

Worlds apart from holding a speech at a commemoration I think you'll concede.

Its not all about conditions, its to do with people being interned, being imprisoned unjustly.

But if it gets to the stage where he is extremely ill as Marian is I wouldn't object to him being released on compassionate grounds to be with his family if there were strict conditions in place to make sure he wasn't a threat to anyone

Even if she was on license, she wasn't told she was and didn't know of any conditions. Hardly fair is it?

"Made a fool of himself" is hardly the whole story is it? Michael Stone did not just have his license revoked. He was arrested for and convicted of (sentenced to 16 years) for attempting to murder Gerry Adams and MMG after he tried to storm Stormont with nail bombs, knives etc.

Worlds apart from holding a speech at a commemoration I think you'll concede.

Its not all about conditions, its to do with people being interned, being imprisoned unjustly.

But if it gets to the stage where he is extremely ill as Marian is I wouldn't object to him being released on compassionate grounds to be with his family if there were strict conditions in place to make sure he wasn't a threat to anyone

And what conditions would they be? Not associating with known terrorists or terrorist groups?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭SoulandForm

He tried to break into a government meeting in order murder people- yes thankfully he made a fool out of himself but it could easily have been different.

Anyway there is no comparison between a cold blooded dysfunctional sectarian killer and Marian Price.

He tried to break into a government meeting in order murder people- yes thankfully he made a fool out of himself but it could easily have been different.

Anyway there is no comparison between a cold blooded dysfunctional sectarian killer and Marian Price.

No it couldn't, stone had no chance, Gerry and mcgunniess ( and the rest of the mla's) where quite safe( I used to work at stormont so know how doomed to failed his plan was) All stone did was make a idiot of himself. Moreover I would say somebody who is capable of making or planting bombs to be a cold blooded dysfunctional killer so no I don't really see a difference between stone and price

No it couldn't, stone had no chance, Gerry and mcgunniess ( and the rest of the mla's) where quite safe( I used to work at stormont so know how doomed to failed his plan was) All stone did was make a idiot of himself. Moreover I would say somebody who is capable of making or planting bombs to be a cold blooded dysfunctional killer so no I don't really see a difference between stone and price
    You mean like stone who planted numerous pipe bombs around stormont? and had explosives he made on him?

He has shown he wanted to kill people and committed very serious crimes which he was convicted of, he's a proven mentally unstable and very dangerous killer

Price has done nothing like that and has only attended a commemoration she hasnt been caught trying to kill anyone

They are totally diferent

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21199385
    McGlinchey, of no fixed address, is currently facing two sets of charges, that she allegedly provided a mobile telephone for a terrorist purpose on 8 March 2009, shortly before two soldiers were shot dead at Massereene barracks in Antrim and also that she aided and abetted a meeting in support of an illegal organisation on 25 April last year.

Given the two sets of charges she faces, one of which involves two people being killed and the other involving threats of killings, I think she's back in jail for more than just "holding a piece of paper".

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You also kind of have to smile at the mirroring "my psycho is harmless but yours is a threat to society" assertions.

You mean like stone who planted numerous pipe bombs around stormont? and had explosives he made on him?

He has shown he wanted to kill people and committed very serious crimes which he was convicted of, he's a proven mentally unstable and very dangerous killer

Price has done nothing like that and has only attended a commemoration she hasnt been caught trying to kill anyone

They are totally diferent

Your right there is a difference the bombs Marion was involved in where a hell of alot bigger then stones "fairly amateurish" ( Hugh ords words) Ones. So we have now established that stone is crippled with arthritis and mentally unstable, is prison then the right place for him? Since your so concerned with prisoner welfare

Advertisement