Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Alarm - Low Battery

Options
  • 09-01-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Just moved into a house & the alarm has a low battery message on it.

From looking at the alarm I can see no make/model nor anyway to easily remove the front panel (no screws or anything...) :confused:

It looks like I'm going to have to call a man out to do this which isn't ideal as finances are closing on bankruptcy levels after christmas, anybody know what the cost etc... might be?

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Just moved into a house & the alarm has a low battery message on it.

From looking at the alarm I can see no make/model nor anyway to easily remove the front panel (no screws or anything...) :confused:

It looks like I'm going to have to call a man out to do this which isn't ideal as finances are closing on bankruptcy levels after christmas, anybody know what the cost etc... might be?

Cheers,
    The battery is not in the key panel, it is usually stored back at the central wiring box, and thats usually in your utility room or hot press.
    You can purchase the 12 volt 7ah battery in any electrical providers, however you will need the engineers code to disarm your system before changing the battery which is really easy , it is just two push on spade connectors.
    Stick up a picture, might b able to give u more advise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

cheers, didn't know that, will have a look where you mention - I will try throw up a pic tomorrow if can't figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

however you will need the engineers code to disarm your system before changing the battery which is really easy

once you have the alarm code then you can replace the battery yourself
    when you open the alarm panel the alarm will activate(just use your code to turn it off)
    as liffy fishing says,they are just push on connections so a simple job
    red to red
    black to black

maplins have alarm batteries(expensive though)but might be close to you
    any electrical wholesalers will have them too as already stated

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Lad Of Banter

are you sure I don't need this engineer code? I don't want the alarm to started ruinging and not be able to stop it (haven't introduced myself to neighbours yet...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

are you sure I don't need this engineer code? I don't want the alarm to started ruinging and not be able to stop it (haven't introduced myself to neighbours yet...)

not usually
    though the make of alarm panel will help
    maybe the mods will move this thread to here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1366

really helpful bunch who will know way more than me:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You will not need the engineer code to disarm the system regardless...
    In some cases you may need the engineer code to reset the alarm after a tamper. If you could tell us what system it is we could help you further.
    Maybe a description or a photo of the keypad.
    Prices would vary for a service and battery from around €70 upwards . So shop around if your getting someone out.

Advertisement