Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guardiola refuses to shake Ronaldo's hand at Ballon D'or

• 09-01-2013 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Wasnt aware of any major bad blood between these two apart from Barca Real thing....

anybody?

Video is in next post. Wouldnt work in this one for some unknown reason :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Looked like he just tapped him on the shoulder and said something.

I'd be surprised if Pep refused to shake his hand tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

looks like he bumped into him and tapped him to say sorry - nothing more

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Looked like ronaldo was expecting a slightly longer conversation but pep got distracted by someone else.Just one of those funny awkward moments everybody gets into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Looked like he just tapped him on the shoulder and said something.

I'd be surprised if Pep refused to shake his hand tbh.

I find these comments a little silly. It not as if you personally know him. He could be a right ahole for all any of us know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

killwill wrote: »
    I find these comments a little silly. It not as if you personally know him. He could be a right ahole for all any of us know.
    He could be but that doesn't mean he wouldn't shake his hand if he was 'supposed' to.

Plenty of footballers are right aholes but they still act out the script when required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Can people stop saying ahole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Can people stop saying ahole.

Yea. At least say arsehole if you're going to say it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I dont think it looked like a "bump", or a little exchange.

I think it looks like Ronaldo tipped him on the shoulder, went for the handshake and Pep turned away and does a little girly pat-a-cake on his lap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think people are making excuses for Guardiola there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He looks up, he shakes his head, he turns away. Fair play to Guardiola, if there has been issues between the two and he doesn't like Ronaldo then why shake his hand? It would be hypocrisy, he would just be playing to the cameras and he is a man with principles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He looks up, he shakes his head, he turns away. Fair play to Guardiola, if there has been issues between the two and he doesn't like Ronaldo then why shake his hand? It would be hypocrisy, he would just be playing to the cameras and he is a man with principles.

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The OP a Marca journalist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ah, just looks to me like an awkward coming together. Ronaldo was probably having a Larry David moment not knowing whether to go for the handshake or say something or what. He just moved on.

I like to think later on he and Jeff Jorge Mendes spent the rest of the evening debating whether he should have offered the handshake or not. Then maybe Cristiano and Pep run into each other in the gents later on that evening and he's wondering whether to offer the handshake now or not. He decides to rinse his hands first and turns around and finds Pep gone. Then he criticises himself some more. I like to think his life is exactly like Larry David's.

Also as far as awkward handshakes go it doesn't come any where near to this from the Masters last year. There were a few million watching this live around the world. Devastating.

tumblr_m2a688gYO71rok3k9o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Pep obviously avoids shaking Ronaldo's hand. Strange behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Then you must think Pep's a hypocrite for shaking Mourinho's hand at the end of the last match with Real Madrid last season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Pro. F wrote: »
    Pep obviously avoids shaking Ronaldo's hand. Strange behaviour.

Why would he shake his hand???

Ronaldo pushed him in the middle of a match. Ya cant act the pr1ck with someone and expect everything to be rosy!!!

And just because Pep doesnt shake his hand, doesnt mean Ronaldo is an arsehole, and pep is super duper sound. They could both be sound or both be complete cnts!

inmyday wrote: »

Ronaldo pushed him in the middle of a match. Ya cant act the pr1ck with someone and expect everything to be rosy!!!

I'd forgotten that. That would explain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

God knows how many people must hate each other in football then.

Bad form from Pep.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    God knows how many people must hate each other in football then.

Bad form from Pep.

Course loads of people hate eachother in football. They wont admit it in papers or anything.

Maybe it is bad form from Pep, but if I was a manager, and an opposition player pushed me, I wouldnt be shaking his hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Clearly from the video you can see Pep snubs him. Ronaldo is looking to make contact and Pep given him an icy stare and then turns away. He doesn't even say anything to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I wonder would some be still thinking the same if it was other way around.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Also as far as awkward handshakes go it doesn't come any where near to this from the Masters last year. There were a few million watching this live around the world. Devastating.

How about trying to high five a blind man on X factor US, missing and then practically forcing him to do it :eek:

5212012002719sfgfs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He's a horrible man. Anyone else notice the way Barcelona have cleaned up their act in terms of cheating and abusing referees since he couldnt hack it anymore. Even the likes of Busquets and the "Spanish John Terry" that is Carlos Puyol behave like angels with Del Bosque in the national team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I don't understand why people think it's so clear, when you can't actually see his hand...

He's a horrible man.

Why did ya have to say that? How do you know he is???

Now its the usual. "The team I support have all lovely, sound and excellent footballers, who are really nice in person. And the team you support is full of cheats and scumbags".

And you know well, there will be a post saying Ronaldo is a horrible man and a brat!

I don't understand why people think it's so clear, when you can't actually see his hand...

Exactly. He could have been sticking some chewing gum on Guardiola's shoulder. Hence the cold stare from Pep.

Why did ya have to say that? How do you know he is???

Now its the usual. "The team I support have all lovely, sound and excellent footballers, who are really nice in person. And the team you support is full of cheats and scumbags".

And you know well, there will be a post saying Ronaldo is a horrible man and a brat!

You're better off ignoring RH when it comes to discussing anything Barcelona. He thinks they are "ethnically inferior" to Real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

they both cant be seen being too pally together.

The masterplan would be put in jeopardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

He's a horrible man. Anyone else notice the way Barcelona have cleaned up their act in terms of cheating and abusing referees since he couldnt hack it anymore. Even the likes of Busquets and the "Spanish John Terry" that is Carlos Puyol behave like angels with Del Bosque in the national team.

(facepalm)

I lack the words to explain just how wrong you are.

This is like a story from a rag

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭dagdha

Ah, I seen the thread title had something got to do with Barca or a former Barca player/manager and I knew it would'nt take long for some sort of Barca bashing comment from you to show up.

How about trying to high five a blind man on X factor US, missing and then practically forcing him to do it :eek:

5212012002719sfgfs.gif

That's terrible. Reminds me of George W. Bush's brutal comment to a blind journalist at a press conference.

The reporter's response was as good as it gets.

Actually that's true. Maybe Ronaldo just tapped him on the shoulder and winked or something. It does really look like Ronaldo is offering his hand though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

who gives a rats arse whether the two of them shake hands or swing for each other?? not me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

At first I thought he refused to shake his hand but now I think Ronaldo bumps him by accident and then just puts his hand on his shoulder to say sorry or whatever, and he was walking forward anyway so he just didn't stop. Because the first second of the shot I don't think Ronaldo knows who it is, until just before he turns around or when he turns around.

darced wrote: »
    On your planet maybe, the man with more facebook likes than Justin Beiber and the most followed footballer on the planet on twitter. Who are your mates? John Giles and Dunphy?

On your planet maybe, the man with more facebook likes than Justin Beiber and the most followed footballer on the planet on twitter. Who are your mates? John Giles and Dunphy?
    ronaldo IMO is GOD... come back to united oh messiah :)

• Advertisement

ronaldo IMO is GOD... come back to united oh messiah :)
    Lazy assumption to think that i am a man united fan kid. Back to school for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Is it not pretty obvious that he bumps him? Look at Ronaldo's expression as he turns his head. He bumps him and instantly turns around. Looks like he puts his hand on his shoulder as an apology.

What's Guardiola supposed to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Talk about a slow news day. Not a fan of guardiola, so I was hoping this would put him in a bad light but my god there is nothing in that. They both just acknowledge each other. Nothing happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very, very sad thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Lazy assumption to think that i am a man united fan kid. Back to school for you.

Lazy assumption to assume that DK was referring to you.

WTF? Why you mad bro??

All I said was Ronaldo is gone and said for him to return home

Chill out I wasn't even saying anything bout who you support

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Imagine if that was the other way around, Ronaldo was sitting down and didn't shake Guardiola's hand.. I wonder would people be so forgiving :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Ballon D'or Thread tbh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement