Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea vs Swansea City Capital One Cup Semi Final first leg SS1 19:45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Uh oh chelsea chanting one Di Matteo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Hilarious.

No, Turnbull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Ivanavic has had some night no excuse for not looking behind ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Offside, ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Another gift by the madman. That could be enough for Swansea to go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

edit Theres the Swansea fans.

tight offside tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ivanovic ya clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ivanovic with his second assist of the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

The magic of The FA League Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

J. Marston wrote: »
    Offside, ha!

Feck sake, Ba just shows how fecking useless torres has been again, i would boo him myself, feck off torres and take the fat waiter with you, you useless pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Willy come out come out wherever you are.

If you don't then you needn't bother showing up on Sunday:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's a 2nd leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Strange game , I don't know how it ended 0-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Laudrup for Chelsea. Pay £16million to buy out his contract, spend another £30million on Michu then sack his inside a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

And rafa gets the blame , poor all over the pitch , 2 of the best wingers in the league/europe/world and we play so narrow . Too many things wrong , just get us champions league footy rafa and set it up for someone decent next season please and thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Ba just shows how inept torres is. chelsea 0-2 ivanovic:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Rafa out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Fair play to Swansea. Massive away win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Honestly thought Swansea were the better team tonight. Chelsea didn't get a sniff of a chance in the second half.

I don't know how Torres sleeps at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Honestly thought Swansea were the better team tonight. Chelsea didn't get a sniff of a chance in the second half.

Careful now , good defending is classed as playing ****e around these parts.

Swansea have obviously abandoned their philosophy of possession attacking football.

its just one of those nights as Chelsea dominated but bad finishing let them down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This competition now has two fascinating second legs coming up. Shame for Swansea that away goals don't count in this.

Think I'd still fancy Villa and Chelsea to progress.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

and you missed the first half then did you :rolleyes:

Ba had of started that match and we would of won , simple as , Carrying Torres can no longer happen , crowd turned on him tonight too, he should be done now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Barr wrote: »

On a Bed make of millions of euros :D

and you missed the first half then did you :rolleyes:

Ba had of started that match and we would of won , simple as , Carrying Torres can no longer happen , crowd turned on him tonight too, he should be done now

the last 10 minutes proved beyond doubt that playing with torres = playing with 10 men. Why the **** did Ba not start, may have cost us the tie, well done rafa, tactical mastermind:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Swansea have obviously abandoned their philosophy of possession attacking football.

They aren't going to come to a place like Stamford Bridge and try and keep the ball if your a side like Swansea who have vastly inferior players to Chelsea.

Also Chelsea were rubbish to watch in the Champions League last year so no giving out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'm sure we'll have the usual suspects on here with the Rafa out comments, but at the end of the day Chelsea absolutely dominated the game.

Ivanovic with 2 absolutely moments of madness plus a debatable peno and disallowed goal that made the difference.

The one certain thing about tonight's game is that unless Ba is injured or one of his legs are hanging off, there's no way should Torres start ahead of him, what an absolute conman, robbing a living.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Barr wrote: »

He does sleep and his bed is a big pile of money .

They aren't going to come to a place like Stamford Bridge and try and keep the ball if your a side like Swansea who have vastly inferior players to Chelsea.

Also Chelsea were rubbish to watch in the Champions League last year so no giving out!

I agree, the way they played tonight was the correct way tactically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I'm sure we'll have the usual suspects on here with the Rafa out comments, but at the end of the day Chelsea absolutely dominated the game.

Ivanovic with 2 absolutely moments of madness plus a debatable peno and disallowed goal that made the difference.

The one certain thing about tonight's game is that unless Ba is injured or one of his legs are hanging off, there's no way should Torres start ahead of him, what an absolute conman, robbing a living.

Never a peno in fairness , never a booking either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

This competition now has two fascinating second legs coming up. Shame for Swansea that away goals don't count in this.

Would not agree, Swansea at home will fancy their chances big time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Leiva wrote: »
    its just one of those nights as Chelsea dominated but bad finishing let them down

BAD FINISHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bloody TORRES !!!! couple of balls whipped in there tonight and he was south of the peno spot just tipping about .

Had more out of Ba in 10 mins

ahh lads yes Torres had another stinker but he shouldn't take all the stick as there was a number of players that were shít tonight

Mata being one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Are we gonna see Ivanovic V Geoff Shreeves 2 now

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

MUSEIST wrote: »

Not really, it's just not a case of one philosophy against all costs. Chelsea should know all about that with their exploits in the Champions League last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Its actually great for Swansea that away goals don't count. Chelsea can't get anywhere in this tie without matching the 2 goals anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Away goals do count but only if there is extra time in the 2nd leg

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Would not agree, Swansea at home will fancy there chances big time.

Swansea at home are a completely different animal

Leiva wrote: »
    Swansea at home are a completely different animal

Hopefully they attack more and leave a bit more space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

If Ba plays up front Chelsea will beat Swansea by 3.

The second leg is set up for a good game.

Ivanovic is normally so reliable - don't know what he was at tonite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Eh, if you win 2-0 away then you don't want away goals to count as now only you can lose via this method.

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Would not agree, Swansea at home will fancy their chances big time.

Agreed they have to be favourites , its not as if there a bad team , there a decent side and can easily defend a result if they have too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Soby wrote: »
    Never a peno in fairness , never a booking either

I don't know, I jut watched it again and it looks like Ba just got a touch on it.

Either way it shouldn't have even come down to this, it reminds me if the QPR game were Chelsea dominated but just hadn't got the finishing touch (Torres)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

how in jesus did Torres stay on so long? only 19 touches of the ball during the 80 or so mins he was on according to opta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Seen a stat that torres only had 19 touches in 80 minutes, thats pretty much playing with ten men. Swansea defended brilliantly though

Advertisement