Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery powered security camera

Options
  • 09-01-2013 8:27pm

I'd like a surveillance/security camera but the problem is the power supply. Are there any available that work from a battery? Something that wouldn't necessitate loads of cables/wires etc. I've been looking for something like this for a long time and would be very grateful for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Would it be possible to run a bit of cat5 to the intended location ?

http://www.equicom.ie/passive-video-power-balun-829-p.asp

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd like a surveillance/security camera but the problem is the power supply. Are there any available that work from a battery? Something that wouldn't necessitate loads of cables/wires etc. I've been looking for something like this for a long time and would be very grateful for any help.

Nothing half decent or reliable. Whats the application & where do you propose recording the images to?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Battery powered and security are mutually exclusive words.

I

Advertisement